PDA

View Full Version : Sligo game

pineapple stu
20/09/2008, 2:07 AM
Very quiet in here lately.

Had hoped the week off would rejuvenate the team, but no. Strange peno, but for the second half in particular, Sligo had no intention of playing ball but, of course, we couldn't break them down. Keith Ward had possibly the shortest game ever for UCD (barring injury time subs), going off with a possible broken elbow. Seven games to go; not sure if that's the up-side or the down-side.

Angus
21/09/2008, 10:04 PM
Looks dodgy - with harps having one of the toughest games friday and a certain defeat we needed something

a few chances early on but as we may have noticed - we are not taking our chances - wexford, monaghan, kildare here we come

John83
22/09/2008, 1:45 PM
14 games, 4 points. Let's not kid ourselves. We need a huge turnaround to stay up. I doubt we'll get it now, though it's still possible.

superfrank
22/09/2008, 2:15 PM
I just had a look at the remainder of your fixtures. There's two games I'd reckon yez have a chance of winning (Rovers away and Cobh away), other than that it doesn't look too good. Also, with the way we've been playing of late, I wouldn't be surprised if Harps beat us on Friday night.

Schumi
22/09/2008, 2:26 PM
Galway at home we should have a chance of winning too I'd say but there's no way we'll all of them which we're likely to need to. The problem is, we needed 3 or 4 points from Bray, Harps and Sligo to give us a good chance of staying up and we got 0.

pineapple stu
25/09/2008, 4:15 PM
Is it me, or was that never a penalty?!

John83
25/09/2008, 4:38 PM
Soft enough, but hardly the worst decision we've had go against us.

pineapple stu
25/09/2008, 4:47 PM
No, true.

At the game, the fecking pole was in my way, so I assumed Gregg had barged him completely out of it, but if anything, that should have been a free out for yer man touching our keeper when he was coming for the ball!

[/sarcasm], just in case...