PDA

View Full Version : saint pat's

naoise kennedy
19/09/2008, 9:43 PM
much better performance, good to see pender with the captain's arm band much deserved. overall there was more shape, attacking force, pride in there game than i have seen from a bray team in a long time.. unlucky not too get a point but than again unlucky not to equalise with myler.. hope pender is ok, he was on the ground for a while after match..

thedoyler
20/09/2008, 12:14 AM
No disgrace in that result, largely matched an excellent pats side who probably had another gear to go too if they needed it but much improved, the work rate was brilliant and hassled pats into making a lot of stray passes. And if Myler ha knocked that one in no one could have said that we wouldnt have deserved it.

superfrank
20/09/2008, 1:37 PM
I don't know what match yez were watching lads.

That was a terrible game from both sides. Yeah, we matched Pats for most of the match but it was a horrible game.

It was better than Tuesday night but that wouldn't have been hard.

dublinwanderer
20/09/2008, 3:23 PM

That was a terrible game from both sides. Yeah, we matched Pats for most of the match but it was a horrible game.

i'm not sure what game you were looking at, but i thought it was a good game of football, passing moving, and a few chances were created. both sides tried to keep the ball on the deck and it was good too watch. would have taken a draw going into it and think we deserved it to, pity myler's header didnt go in. but anyway huge improvement from tuesdays game.

really need a win next week against harps, just to make sure of safety!!!!

Seagull-4-life
20/09/2008, 3:57 PM

I'd have to agree with you here.

Boring as hell but if Myler had scored it would have made me night

lostinbrum
21/09/2008, 10:30 PM
Living in the UK, I don't get to many games, but if a home game coincides with a visit then I make a point of going to a match. So basically I don't have a lot to compare with.

One of the few games I've seen was when Bray played Pats at home first time round. Bray seemed to try to play the ball on the ground a whole lot more then than from what I seen on Friday. On Friday the ball was in the air a lot.

The tactic seemed to be to try pick up the second ball but there didn't seem to be any real belief that it would be held up for midfielders joining in...although may have been just me :)

With a little bit of luck they could have got in for a couple of chances but they didn't really create at all, apart from a couple of half chances.

They worked hard, but you wouldn't expect any less surely?

Hulsey
22/09/2008, 1:16 PM
Living in the UK, I don't get to many games, but if a home game coincides with a visit then I make a point of going to a match. So basically I don't have a lot to compare with.

One of the few games I've seen was when Bray played Pats at home first time round. Bray seemed to try to play the ball on the ground a whole lot more then than from what I seen on Friday. On Friday the ball was in the air a lot.

The tactic seemed to be to try pick up the second ball but there didn't seem to be any real belief that it would be held up for midfielders joining in...although may have been just me :)

With a little bit of luck they could have got in for a couple of chances but they didn't really create at all, apart from a couple of half chances.

They worked hard, but you wouldn't expect any less surely?

Thing is on tuesday against Galway they didn't. Thats why the pats game was seen as a big improvement, doesn't necessarily mean that it was a good game

Seagull-4-life
22/09/2008, 4:11 PM
Thing is on tuesday against Galway they didn't. Thats why the pats game was seen as a big improvement, doesn't necessarily mean that it was a good game

Very true

Martinho II
22/09/2008, 8:55 PM
what on earth happened that alan cawley got dropped from the team against pats.. seen him in cup match arguin with a few bray players..:confused:

superfrank
22/09/2008, 9:42 PM
Answered your question there.

Hulsey
23/09/2008, 12:21 AM
what on earth happened that alan cawley got dropped from the team against pats.. seen him in cup match arguin with a few bray players..:confused:

Basically let his man go and then had a pop at someone else and when he was told where to go by the player he was having a go at he threw the toys out of the pram. Fantastic player but lacks the desire that the centre midfield position requires. Easily our most talented player just a pity he hasn't shown it in that many games this year

Seagull
23/09/2008, 3:58 PM
Fantastic player but lacks the desire that the centre midfield position requires. Easily our most talented player just a pity he hasn't shown it in that many games this year

Waste of space.

Hulsey
23/09/2008, 4:29 PM
Waste of space.

Wouldn't call him a waste of space, probably kept us up last year. A spell out of the side might help give him the kick he needs to rediscover his form.

naoise kennedy
23/09/2008, 6:57 PM
Wouldn't call him a waste of space, probably kept us up last year. A spell out of the side might help give him the kick he needs to rediscover his form.

would agree,, he has the talent but has not shown too much this year, too many incomplete passes..still reckon we should hold on to him..

Martinho II
23/09/2008, 9:21 PM
cawley was like that with us too.. except for the screamer in brandywell did nothin for us on loan..