StephenMcG
18/09/2008, 7:30 PM
Dundalk v Shels Commentary: http://www.dundalkfm.com/player.html

A little biased :D

Any score yet?

thischarmingman
18/09/2008, 7:32 PM
Any score yet?

I know it's a long thread to read through and all...

:p

StephenMcG
18/09/2008, 7:36 PM
I know it's a long thread to read through and all...

:p

I'm not listening to that radio stream, so was hoping someone who was, could give an update.
Not too much to ask for, is it?

Schumi
18/09/2008, 7:43 PM
There's a score in the first post. :)

thischarmingman
18/09/2008, 8:02 PM
O'Connor makes it 2-0 Dundalk...and dumps Shels out of the hunt for this year?

thischarmingman
18/09/2008, 8:24 PM
Fjolnir have managed a crucial 3-0 away win in Fylkir in the Icelandic Premier Division, RĂșnarsson scoring a brace. :eek:

thischarmingman
18/09/2008, 8:30 PM
Brennan sets up a grandstand finish with a goal on 85. (Or Keedy on 83 according to Livescore)

thischarmingman
18/09/2008, 8:39 PM
Dundalk 2-1 Shels FT

Sam_Heggy
19/09/2008, 4:44 PM
Oh please lord keep the Bohs scoreline half respectable tonight.

Sorry folks, typing my prayers again :o

Its an uphill task for any side to go to Bohs at full strength lately and get any sort of result but we are so badly raped of squad players tonight I fear for us big time.

Paddypower are actually offering 10/1 on Harps to win, I don't think ive sen those kind of odds offered on one game where both teams are in the same division (I was going to say in the same league but thats just a blatant lie :( )

so 5-0 could easily be on the cards.

brianw82
19/09/2008, 5:20 PM
The only way Harps (or any team) could beat Bohs is if a robot with a buzzsaw cut off the legs of all the players as they waited in the tunnel.

thischarmingman
19/09/2008, 5:30 PM
I got 15-1 on Bohs, Derry, St. Pats, Cork and Dundalk victories. Normally I try more 'maverick' bets on the accumulator but playing it ultra-safe...which means one of those 4 Premier teams won't win tonight....most likely Derry :(

adamd164
19/09/2008, 6:17 PM
I got 15-1 on Bohs, Derry, St. Pats, Cork and Dundalk victories. Normally I try more 'maverick' bets on the accumulator but playing it ultra-safe...which means one of those 4 Premier teams won't win tonight....most likely Derry :(
We play tomorrow night!

Sam_Heggy
19/09/2008, 7:13 PM
Harps holding their own so far (que avalanche of Bohs goals) Almost half hour gone now. Still 0-0

Mr A
19/09/2008, 7:16 PM
Sligo lead at the Bowl.

Mr A
19/09/2008, 7:17 PM
Kildare 1 up, Waterford have missed a penalty.

Mr A
19/09/2008, 7:21 PM
Drogheda 1-0 up.

Sam_Heggy
19/09/2008, 7:33 PM
Beckett hits bar for Harps, jesus we might be level at half time :eek:

Mr A
19/09/2008, 7:41 PM
Limerick 1-1 Monaghan

Rovers Maniac
19/09/2008, 8:08 PM
Coming up to the 65th minute mark in all premier games and still only 2 goals in all 5 and 1 of them was a peno :(

Mr A
19/09/2008, 8:09 PM
Bohs 1 up.

Rovers Maniac
19/09/2008, 8:19 PM
Bohs 1 up.

Bohs 2 up now

Rovers Maniac
19/09/2008, 8:26 PM
Pats 1 up

adamd164
19/09/2008, 8:27 PM
Waterford and Shamrock Rovers both 1 up.

adamd164
19/09/2008, 8:30 PM
Equaliser for Galway against Rovers.

Mr A
19/09/2008, 8:31 PM
1-1 in Galway.

Mr A
19/09/2008, 8:37 PM
Derry 0-1 Drogheda
Bohs 3-0 Harps

Both results.

Bohemian1890
19/09/2008, 10:11 PM
Harps were good in the first half and were the better team and they will be staying up IMO.

gilberto_eire
19/09/2008, 10:30 PM
How many tap in's has your team missed this season?

Jorgensen missed an open goal from 3 yards out tonight.

Keane out-muscled the wing-back out and ran towards goal, played the ball across the 6 yard box to Jorgensen(keeper left stranded at the post) who only had to touch the ball, is un-usual fashion to these sort of misses that end up going over the bar or sliced wide he did'nt even hit the ball and it passed through his legs and continued towards the other side of the pitch :mad:

That is at least the 4th sitter we've missed this season, all coming at crucial times in games!!

He should have scored aswell prior to Rovers goal, was put through on goal to the side and instead of bringing it in, he hit it first time and put it right at the keeper.

A 30sec scramble in the Rovers goalmouth soon after provided a lot of drama, Rovers could'nt clear the ball and several attempts came close to ending it in the net which accumulated with Fitzy(CB) having a poke shot deflected onto the post, and following on from this seasons trend Rovers went down and scored from a corner.

Pulled one back and had several chances to win the game, Jorgensen found himself put through on goal a second time and yet again choose to hit early instead of taking on the keeper and his effort hit the post, was another 2/3 half chances and a peno' shout in the last 10secs!!. Same old story, even with all the pressure we still could'nt take the game!!

Rovers Maniac
19/09/2008, 11:27 PM
How many tap in's has your team missed this season?

Jorgensen missed an open goal from 3 yards out tonight.

Keane out-muscled the wing-back out and ran towards goal, played the ball across the 6 yard box to Jorgensen(keeper left stranded at the post) who only had to touch the ball, is un-usual fashion to these sort of misses that end up going over the bar or sliced wide he did'nt even hit the ball and it passed through his legs and continued towards the other side of the pitch :mad:

That is at least the 4th sitter we've missed this season, all coming at crucial times in games!!

He should have scored aswell prior to Rovers goal, was put through on goal to the side and instead of bringing it in, he hit it first time and put it right at the keeper.

A 30sec scramble in the Rovers goalmouth soon after provided a lot of drama, Rovers could'nt clear the ball and several attempts came close to ending it in the net which accumulated with Fitzy(CB) having a poke shot deflected onto the post, and following on from this seasons trend Rovers went down and scored from a corner.

Pulled one back and had several chances to win the game, Jorgensen found himself put through on goal a second time and yet again choose to hit early instead of taking on the keeper and his effort hit the post, was another 2/3 half chances and a peno' shout in the last 10secs!!. Same old story, even with all the pressure we still could'nt take the game!!

I think i have highlighted your problem :D. I think that may also be the reason Bohs have not missed tap ins

BohDiddley
20/09/2008, 12:16 AM
Harps were good in the first half and were the better team
Nonsense. A 3-0 scoreline doesn't lie. I've listened to too much of this RTE 'Bohs were flattered' nonsense all season.

Harps were superb in spots in the first half, because we were asleep. Then Fenn came on, we woke up, camped in their half, and, absolutely pulverised 'em.

gufcfan
20/09/2008, 1:33 AM
Thurs 18

D1:
Dundalk 2-1 Shels FT

What was the attendance there like? I heard "a packed Oriel" used in a few reports, but no figures.

pineapple stu
20/09/2008, 1:50 AM
Horrendous game at the Bowl. Sligo got a bizarre early penalty and parked the bus in front of the goal thereafter. The second half, they hardly came out of their own box except to chase long hoofs. Very poor side. We're screwed though.

sligoman
20/09/2008, 1:53 AM
Very poor side.:rolleyes:, yet fans from other teams say how we play great football. Tonight we weren't great but got a victory, makes a change from playing well and not winning. Poor side indeed.

pineapple stu
20/09/2008, 1:58 AM
I've always said Paul Cook has had Sligo playing great stuff. Last night was pathetic though. No ambition for the second 45 in the slightest.

gordongekko
20/09/2008, 3:16 AM
I think i have highlighted your problem :D. I think that may also be the reason Bohs have not missed tap ins

We have already copped onto that. Hopefully Kenna will soon as well :o:o

gg

brianw82
20/09/2008, 6:47 AM
I've always said Paul Cook has had Sligo playing great stuff. Last night was pathetic though. No ambition for the second 45 in the slightest.

I have to agree with you there. Thought we shaded it in the first half, but once all our subs came on we just sat back. I think Cook is a good motivator, but he is not always as tactically aware as he should be.
Fair play to UCD though, they at least try to play good football. I was impressed by McFaul in midfield, he can pass the ball pretty well. Just a pity that (like us) they have no strikers.

Inside Man
20/09/2008, 11:15 AM
Thats how you have to play to get a win in this league. Unfortunately. We've found that out the hard way in the past few weeks. Played brilliant stuff against bohs and Drogs and pats(wasn't at game but only heard reports) only to be faced by a team who parked the bus in front of their goal, and finnally got the decisions by the refs and lino's. It just shows how wrong the system is. The footballing side should be given the benefit of the doubt if you want good football to prosper in this league. And tonight just showed, good football doesn't win you games in this league.

HarpoJoyce
20/09/2008, 11:58 AM
Horrendous game at the Bowl. Sligo got a bizarre early penalty and parked the bus in front of the goal thereafter. The second half, they hardly came out of their own box except to chase long hoofs.....

... yet fans from other teams say how we play great football. Tonight we weren't great but got a victory, makes a change from playing well and not winning. Poor side indeed.

I have to agree with you there. Thought we shaded it in the first half, but once all our subs came on we just sat back. I think Cook is a good motivator, but he is not always as tactically aware as he should be........

....... And tonight just showed, good football doesn't win you games in this league.

I suppose Mahon got his tactics wrong. (always the bridesmaid.)
http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/mhqlidmhqlcw/
"....Mahon said: "We know what we have to do. We are going to go out and enjoy ourselves and see where we end up. Sligo are a good team who allow you to play the game, they don't have any negative tactics......"

We have Cork City next, what's the story with them? What do they usually do?

pineapple stu
20/09/2008, 1:02 PM
Thought rational replies to posts critical of other clubs weren't allowed on this site?:confused::p

SMorgan
20/09/2008, 10:13 PM
Good point by Cobh tonight. Hopefully they got a big crowd.

I'd love to see either, Harps, Cobh or UCD avoid relegation.

Rovers1
20/09/2008, 10:16 PM

who would you like to see go down?

holidaysong
21/09/2008, 4:00 PM
who would you like to see go down?

Galway. ;)

gilberto_eire
21/09/2008, 4:21 PM
Galway. ;)

Good point by Cobh tonight. Hopefully they got a big crowd.

I remember on the bus back from Ballybofey a few weeks ago the topic of the basement came up and i said i didn't mind if Dundalk came up, much to the disagreement of the other lads, but ye'r such a bitter club i really hope ye'r annual ''crash and burn'' commences soon and ye don't get up!!.

holidaysong
21/09/2008, 4:24 PM
I remember on the bus back from Ballybofey a few weeks ago the topic of the basement came up and i said i didn't mind if Dundalk came up, much to the disagreement of the other lads, but ye'r such a bitter club i really hope ye'r annual ''crash and burn'' commences soon and ye don't get up!!.

I was only joking by the way.. I was just pointing out the only one of the four clubs in the relegation battle that SMorgan didn't mention (hence the 'wink'). That kind of statement made Rovers1's question a bit pointless and odd..

The Lilywhites
21/09/2008, 5:58 PM
I was only joking by the way

No you weren't, don't lie.

Happy Relegation Galway :p

adamd164
21/09/2008, 6:20 PM
Galway are a great club, would love to see them stay up. Dungawk can stay put.

pineapple stu
21/09/2008, 6:21 PM
Galway are a great club, would love to see them stay up.
What do you base that on? Half a million in debt just to get no promotion and eleventh in the Premier?

adamd164
21/09/2008, 6:41 PM
I'm saying I like their fans, staff, and their club generally. I intended nothing about how efficiently their finances were run.