PDA

View Full Version : Tax Question

PinBallWizard
18/09/2008, 12:33 PM
Being a one man self employed band for the best part of my life, I don't know the answer to this question, but I'm sure someone can help me.

A mate of mine who is English has been offered a job over here that pays a basic of €60,000. What can he expect to clear a week from that after tax etc, and can someone let me know the breakdown of deductions.

Thanks
PBW.

pete
18/09/2008, 12:39 PM
Tax calculator (http://www.deloitte.ie/TC/)

That should work out personal & PAYE tax allowances as well as PRSI (social insurance).

elroy
24/09/2008, 8:13 AM
Being a one man self employed band for the best part of my life, I don't know the answer to this question, but I'm sure someone can help me.

A mate of mine who is English has been offered a job over here that pays a basic of €60,000. What can he expect to clear a week from that after tax etc, and can someone let me know the breakdown of deductions.

Thanks
PBW.

I work in tax and have an excel spreadsheet that will reasonably accurately calculate what he will earn. Assuming hes single, he will get about 3.5k per month. Depends on a few other factors as well including if he intends to live here etc. He will get the normal credits - personal and paye, again depending on circumstances, he may be able to avail of a few others - ie rent credit, mortgage interest relief. If you want pm me your email address and ill forward you the spreasheet.