PDA

View Full Version : daily mirror, st. pats

naoise kennedy
18/09/2008, 10:20 AM
very strong worded interview with eddie in mirror today, he reckons it was the teams worst performance to date. also said that the performance of some the players could be career ending.. cawley.. players on bench to be given chance,, so what will be the starting 11 on friday......... gough,, pender, kenny,, doherty,, cronin.. midfield..paddy,, duggan,, tresson,, o keeffe/robson. up front.. o keeffe/rowe,, myler/dunphy

SSwanderer
18/09/2008, 10:47 AM
Dam right, he needs to put his foot down. Eddie Gormley is possibly the best player the national league has ever seen and to have a team he manages embarrass him and themselves at home the way they did on tuesday is a joke. Lookin forward to reading this interview and i am personally 100% behind any decision Eddie makes. And in relation to the players i think Kelly and Coughlin should be given more opertunities, maybe start one of them friday???

superfrank
18/09/2008, 1:30 PM
I hope Eddie goes for something like:

Skippy; Pender, Foran, Doherty, Cronin; Coughlan, Daz, Duggan, Kav; Rowe, Kelly.

Seagull
18/09/2008, 3:49 PM
very strong worded interview with eddie in mirror today, he reckons it was the teams worst performance to date. also said that the performance of some the players could be career ending.. cawley.. players on bench to be given chance,, so what will be the starting 11 on friday......... gough,, pender, kenny,, doherty,, cronin.. midfield..paddy,, duggan,, tresson,, o keeffe/robson. up front.. o keeffe/rowe,, myler/dunphy

First, I haven't seen the article. However, what did Gormley's tactics (or lack of them) contribute to that disgraceful effort? Devo was always adept at blaming the players- 'once they cross that white line...', but the manager must shoulder some of the blame for Tuesday night.

naoise kennedy
19/09/2008, 7:02 AM
First, I haven't seen the article. However, what did Gormley's tactics (or lack of them) contribute to that disgraceful effort? Devo was always adept at blaming the players- 'once they cross that white line...', but the manager must shoulder some of the blame for Tuesday night.

totally agree the manager must set up and motivate ,, (a quarter final should not need much motivation)..his team..but saying that the players should have also motivated themselves.. i have put down eddie in the past and then i got shot down myself so it's good to see someone else doing it..