PDA

View Full Version : 96fm today

rambler14
17/09/2008, 3:51 PM
A Cobh player has told 96FM that the players offered to play for free for the rest of the season, providing they get paid all the back money at the end of the season. The club have refused to pay them anymore.

The player said that going on strike was very possible but not before Saturday's derby game against Cork City.

jebus
17/09/2008, 3:58 PM
A Cobh player has told 96FM that the players offered to play for free for the rest of the season, providing they get paid all the back money at the end of the season. The club have refused to pay them anymore.

The player said that going on strike was very possible but not before Saturday's derby game against Cork City.

Does that mean Cobh have said they aren't going to pay the players at all for the rest of the season? That anyone wanting to play the rest oof the 2008 season must do so for free? I can't imagine a club would ever say that to it's players, at least they would offer them a percentage surely?

rambler14
17/09/2008, 4:02 PM
I can't imagine a club would ever say that to it's players, at least they would offer them a percentage surely?

Welcome to Cobh jebus!:cool:

Ramblers is being run by idiots from the funny farm who are intent on lying to every single supporter.

Longfordian
17/09/2008, 4:14 PM
The club have to pay them or they wont get a licence for next year. If they agree to a reduced amount then that can be acceptable but they just cannot say "we're not paying you". It also leaves the club open to action under employment law. Sorry if I'm butting in on here by the way!.

luka
17/09/2008, 4:41 PM
we're not paying you

...........and that what they didn't say.

Longfordian
17/09/2008, 4:48 PM
Well that's the impression Rambler14's post gives. I don't know what they did or didn't say.

rambler14
17/09/2008, 4:58 PM
Turn on Red Fm!

the sub
17/09/2008, 5:01 PM
Well if the players are that upset why are they playing a match v Reserve team toingh.
Would,nt it be the otherway around in so far that they would not be bothered to play a challange game.

But do you know what I cannot see and I keep saying this about your club.
Look at Rovers look at City their supporters did somthing about it, they were proactive not inactive.

You had a members meeting last night have you organised a fans committe to fundraise.
Did the meeting go ahead... did you get full support at the meeting or did you all spend the night talking about the commette v MSL group.

Look at the support City is getting from businesses,joe public, 96fm and the Evening Echo all good positive support.
All you see in this fourm is everyone blaming everybody for the state of Cobh Ramblers.
Have you a supporters group within the club, because if you all don't get off the fence and act as a group you won't achieve anythink

Redshanks
17/09/2008, 5:39 PM
How could they be interested, few if any on this site turned up for the members meeting last night, come to think of it, they havnt even asked how it went - Some interest there.

Still they will get bits and pieces from others of how it went -who was there, who spoke and what did the otherside say, etc etc, but wont budge an inch to do anything themselve about there club.

They'll Moan away and talk ****e here though!

alansmithccfc
17/09/2008, 5:43 PM
Well if the players are that upset why are they playing a match v Reserve team toingh.
Would,nt it be the otherway around in so far that they would not be bothered to play a challange game.

Look at Rovers look at City their supporters did somthing about it, they were proactive not inactive.

You had a members meeting last night have you organised a fans committe to fundraise.
Did the meeting go ahead... did you get full support at the meeting or did you all spend the night talking about the commette v MSL group.

Look at the support City is getting from businesses,joe public, 96fm and the Evening Echo all good positive support.
All you see in this fourm is everyone blaming everybody for the state of Cobh Ramblers.
Have you a supporters group within the club, because if you all don't get off the fence and act as a group you won't achieve anythink

good points tbh

luka
17/09/2008, 6:43 PM
How could they be interested, few if any on this site turned up for the members meeting last night, come to think of it, they havnt even asked how it went - Some interest there.

Still they will get bits and pieces from others of how it went -who was there, who spoke and what did the otherside say, etc etc, but wont budge an inch to do anything themselve about there club.

It's being discussed very much on the other site

6yardpunisha
17/09/2008, 6:47 PM

spot on with everything you said,heard from a good source that it was just as you said, also heard that someone suggested about fundraising and it just went over peoples heads. Club will never progress IMO after what i saw at last agm/egm/info meeting. All people in club are interested in is the blame game and from what i saw it was all aimed at the chairman but the members should get away from that and take collective responsibility and try to get us out of the very precarious position that we find ourselves in.

6yardpunisha
17/09/2008, 6:52 PM
Turn on Red Fm!

what was said on it?

MainManRam
17/09/2008, 8:09 PM

Thats a very good intelligent adult argument "redshanks". Some of the people on here are not memebers and are not WELCOME at these meetings. And, if we do ask, people start shouting that it should all be kept in-house. We do what we can by showing up every week and paying our money at the gate and supporting the club that some of us love and have even played for at one level or another. Money which then goes to a pit of endless debt from which a club of this size with limited "regular" fan base (just watch the famous people who turn out saturday night) can ever hope to recover- no matter how many Tea parties are organised.
See, when you are cork city and you can get 4-5000 people at every home game and put that against a club who only gets "750" then you can see that CCFC may have a chance of survival but this club with its amature committee have absolutely no hope. Until this club is relieved of its home grown, family feuding LEADERS then this club will always be a joke. A club run by impartial people with no other "interests" than keeping the soccer club alive will never hope to survive in an increasing professional era.
The people in this club have to realise that the best interests of the club are served by these people putting the club into the hands of people who can run a business and not wing it and hope it works out.
And I just wish this bulls**t would stop and we wolud start talking about what we should be- A local derby which should sell out that could go a long way to seeing us stay in this league.
If your brother/sister/mother/father/cousin never went to a Ramblers game before ask just to go and maybe they will see that it might just be worth the e15 they pay to get in. I think it is anyway...............
C'mon the Rams
Keep the faith and lets just get behind the lads............
....................;)(cue the misguided angry reactions of the blind);).............

jamesd
17/09/2008, 8:29 PM
The one bunch of people who should be defended at all times is the players. On the field is where the real talking should be done and the lads who wear the claret and blue should be afforded every respect and paid what ever is due to them.

I am very very angry concerning the Finance Committee been prevented in doing their job but a continous butting in by the Chairman and others.

Everyone has a responsibility to ensure that we survive to the season's end, and then every one of the Committee needs to be booted out.

Lets get behind the local derby now and ensure that the players get all the support they deserve.

MainManRam
17/09/2008, 8:34 PM
The one bunch of people who should be defended at all times is the players. On the field is where the real talking should be done and the lads who wear the claret and blue should be afforded every respect and paid what ever is due to them.

I am very very angry concerning the Finance Committee been prevented in doing their job but a continous butting in by the Chairman and others.

Everyone has a responsibility to ensure that we survive to the season's end, and then every one of the Committee needs to be booted out.

Lets get behind the local derby now and ensure that the players get all the support they deserve.

well said;)

rambler14
17/09/2008, 8:50 PM
what was said on it?

Basically Hendo said what he said on the back of the echo.

nismo
17/09/2008, 9:08 PM
the players should play for free for the rest of the season if they really wanted to be at the club.. any player wanting to strike get rid of them because that attitude will carry over onto the field.. plenty of young players in our club would jump at the chance to play premier division football

bellavistaman
17/09/2008, 9:28 PM

I have 100% interest in the club but i had other things on that night..

I also havent asked how it went on this, because i was told earlier.

I would have thought that bar myself most members of this were at it., i do not know who was at it but surely a few from here have attended.

Just cause people didnt attend that meeting does not mean they are not intereseted in the club, thats an unfair allegation to make, although i have to say there prob are one or two on this who dont even attend games, yet ****stir majorly here.

So all in all i agree with the point your making but would also clear myself from the allegations your making.

bellavistaman
17/09/2008, 9:29 PM
the players should play for free for the rest of the season if they really wanted to be at the club.. any player wanting to strike get rid of them because that attitude will carry over onto the field.. plenty of young players in our club would jump at the chance to play premier division football

Na i disagree with you there, the players, they take time off so on and so fourth, could do a big rant but dont have time.

To shorten it down this is how i feel, the players should get paid if therers money there to pay them, if theres no money there, well they cant get paid can they.

the sub
17/09/2008, 9:38 PM
Again these players are under contract which must be kept. You cannot blame the players or manager as l said before they are part time player up against full time over paid player. l will again repeat what l said the only way a club will contuine is by the support of the fans. Some one said you have an average gate 750 Per game out of that you have 180 season ticket holders who are members. out of that have you set up a group to organise funraising commette then you fundraise.. Fundraise fundraise l rest my case