3 Choices for automatic relegation...

James
30/09/2003, 11:58 AM
cheerio student scum
you're SHIITE:D

pineapple stu
30/09/2003, 12:30 PM
Can't vote for us now, can I?!

Drogs to go down with their dodgy manager!

Gary
30/09/2003, 12:33 PM
Id say both UCD and Drogs will go. UCD have had a nice bit of momentum recently, but they will have a few bad results again soon, pitting them in the thick of it again.

Drogs will go in the playoff, as i feel that all the top 4 in the 1st division will be well able for them. I just hope that Dublin City never darken the Premier divisions doorstep though.

Roo69
30/09/2003, 12:44 PM
I think ucd and drogs are better than the tope 4 in the 1st ! Ive seen them all in action this year and there is a difference in quality, sure Bray played ucd in a friendly during the break the they played us off the pitch, beat us 4-1 and they even brought doolin on !

But there like cup matches so anything can happen really, Bray would probably teams whould want to fear in the play-offs

Schumi
30/09/2003, 12:46 PM
Derry, they were $hit on Thursday.

Macy
30/09/2003, 1:13 PM
Drogs, Doolin is sh!t and if we can put anyone away 5-0 they must be crap.....

Much as it pains me to say it, I reckon Derry will be in the playoff's, with UCD to escape (booooooooooooooo)...

John83
30/09/2003, 2:16 PM
Bye-bye Dwogs...http://smile.smilies.nl/1491.gif

Derry'd better pick up soon if they're to stay out of trouble. http://smile.smilies.nl/1484.gif

yur man
30/09/2003, 2:37 PM
seems like doolin has taken ucd's form with him. drogs to go down

ger121
30/09/2003, 2:54 PM
UCD hitting some good form now just like they did last year. Drogs to go doooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnn,

sadloserkid
01/10/2003, 5:54 PM
Let's just say I can't wait to get back to The Brandywell!

BohsLhad
01/10/2003, 10:30 PM
Where are shamrock rovers in that poll;)

UCD_4_Life
01/10/2003, 11:19 PM
Derry won't be very merry when they get the ferry. To the first division.

I should be, like, a rapper or something.

dortie
02/10/2003, 6:30 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Let's just say I can't wait to get back to The Brandywell!

Tut tut sadloserkid.......

Our team was totally against Keely and his tactics, watch out for the score tonight........!

We will not be relegated, I know enough about the eircom league over the past 15 years to say that.

sadloserkid
02/10/2003, 4:32 PM
Well I don't want ye to be relegated Dortie if I'm honest because I like you lot and think that you offer a lot to the eL. But all such personal things aside I think you're in trouble. I don't think Dykes is the answer and any side that uses three managers in a season is just careless!

Good luck though! :)

ShelsTim
04/10/2003, 8:38 PM
Unfortunately I think Drogs will go down, which is a pity, cause I hate UCD, they always have to have a late surge don't they? *******s.

John83
06/10/2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by ShelsTim
Unfortunately I think Drogs will go down, which is a pity, cause I hate UCD, they always have to have a late surge don't they? *******s.

Well, we were thinking of getting relegated, but then you lot took in the homeless scum, so we have to retaliate.

:p

Peat Burns
07/10/2003, 4:35 PM
Drogs to go down but please not another dublin club to come up:( :( :(

TheRealRovers
07/10/2003, 6:46 PM
I hope its UCD that go down

DruggyDrog
08/10/2003, 11:08 AM
I agree with Macy, if Longford can beat us 5-0 then we have no business in the premier!! However, even the Longford lads were shocked at that one, it was a horrible blip hopefully, as opposed to our usual slightly bad blips!!!

If UCD lose to us on Friday, they will go automatically and ourselves, Derry and one other (someone will come down to us!) will fight it out to avoid the play-off. Regardless of who ends up in the play-off, they will survive.

Ringo
08/10/2003, 12:18 PM
[. I just hope that Dublin City never darken the Premier divisions doorstep though. [/B][/QUOTE]

if we go up on our own merit, we deserve it. its not our fault the country can't produce enough good teams for the premiership. Same old culchie whinging.;)

Gary
17/10/2003, 12:39 PM
Bringing this back to the top. I voted UCD, but at the rate derry are going they are gone.

Its amazing. They were on a great run of form up to the Cup Final last season, then thye just collapsed to crap. Story there like?

pineapple stu
17/10/2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Gary
It's amazing. They were on a great run of form up to the Cup Final last season, then they just collapsed to crap. Story there like?

Derry's good run last season coincided exactly with David Kelly's stint. Beyond that, they're a very poor side who play (of late) a very poor style of football. Which is a shame, 'cos a club like Derry should be nowhere near as bad as they are. Hopefully won't be complaining come the end of next month though!!

EireBadBoy
17/10/2003, 12:54 PM
We'll not be complaining at the end of the Season.......more like bloody crying.

When will we ever Win again? :confused:

Gary
11/11/2003, 12:40 PM
Just bringing this back to the top.

I reckon at this point u have to assume Drogs are safe.

Im going for Derry to go Automatically. They are cráp. Their form isnt deserving of a premier division place.

Just hope that the student menace go in the play offs, as Derrys relegation is now but a formality.

(he says days before CCFC play DCFC)

John83
11/11/2003, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by Gary
(he says days before CCFC play DCFC)
Go Cork!

I can't believe I just said that. :eek:

pete
11/11/2003, 1:59 PM
Picked Derry automatically & sticking with them for the same reason.

The pressure on Derry City now must be huge whereas UCD probably thought they done for 2 months ago & even the playoffs be a huge bonus now.

2 home games against Bohs from the last 5 is bad news for Derry too.

EireBadBoy
11/11/2003, 11:51 PM
Thanks for all the Support but even 'Brandywell Pride' couldn't stop it!

Your all crap at predictions, shame! :mad:

TheRealRovers
12/11/2003, 7:18 PM
Dykes is gonna relegate Derry. As a manager he got to be one of the worst in the league. The sad thing is he will probably be our next manager:mad:

Good luck to derry for the rest of the season hope ye stay up

DruggyDrog
15/11/2003, 3:40 PM
They do it every year, but why leave it so late? UCD were full value for 3 points against us last night and were far from the worst team I've seen this season. Why do they wait for the last third of the season before stringing a few results together. They have their critics (Students, fan base, etc, etc), me amongst them at times, but at least they play a bit of football. Fair play lads, but you wouldn't be in this mess if you could play a bit before the last 10 or 12 games of the season.

UCD_4_Life
15/11/2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by DruggyDrog
They do it every year, but why leave it so late? UCD were full value for 3 points against us last night and were far from the worst team I've seen this season. Why do they wait for the last third of the season before stringing a few results together. They have their critics (Students, fan base, etc, etc), me amongst them at times, but at least they play a bit of football. Fair play lads, but you wouldn't be in this mess if you could play a bit before the last 10 or 12 games of the season.

It's simple really:

We get the spine ripped out of our team at the end of every season. Anybody who plays really well gets snapped up and we're forced to start again. We have a huge flow of players coming in and going out all the time and only starting to become a team now. The board will only give out one year contracts ('cept to Tony Mac) and that means that every player we have becomes fair game at the end of the season (and even before then as clubs can start negotiating six months before the contract expires).

There were other circumstances of course. Doolin didn't give a tóss anymore and that rubbed off on the players, we didn't have a forward (and still don't, to an extent)that could score goals regularly and even if we did the midfield left them very isolated.

Another problem we have is depth. We've got three midfielders suspended for Pat's next week and one injured...the way it's looking at the moment we'll have to play players out of position we're to keep a four man midfield. Our defence is worse.

If we do pull off the great escape this season I can see us involved in another battle in the next and until the board grows some ambition it'll be same every year.

Bald Student
15/11/2003, 4:54 PM
Why do they wait for the last third of the season before stringing a few results together.

I think it's because the club takes in a new group of young scholorship students every year as well as loosing older players who have finished in college. The team gets better as the season goes on because the young players get more experienced.

Aberdonian Stu
15/11/2003, 5:13 PM
Your not Bald Student! The real Bald Student would never post something sensible like that on this board I demand you return the Bald one to us immediately to free him for the Tony McDonnell Hales Drug Freight Aidan Lynch suspension End of Days Leinster Senior Cup sponsored by a shipping company Golf classic!

Schumi
15/11/2003, 6:21 PM
They do it every year, but why leave it so late? UCD were full value for 3 points against us last night and were far from the worst team I've seen this season. Why do they wait for the last third of the season before stringing a few results together. They have their critics (Students, fan base, etc, etc), me amongst them at times, but at least they play a bit of football. Fair play lads, but you wouldn't be in this mess if you could play a bit before the last 10 or 12 games of the season. Sure what'd be the fun in that?!

UCD_4_Life
15/11/2003, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by Aberdonian Stu
Your not Bald Student!

Tut, tut.

pineapple stu
15/11/2003, 9:43 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Doolin didn't give a tóss anymore and that rubbed off on the players

That's the main factor I think. Doolo apparently also didn't care too much about the scholarship scheme - he'd lost all heart for the job. Since Pete Mahon came in, we've been much better.

Providing we stay up (and Derry still have a game in hand, and even then we should still have another four play-off games), I still think next year could be a very good one for us. We'll have plenty of players with first team experience, we have another five players earmarked already for next season, we'll be able to start afresh without the burden of a seven-point gap to safety and appalling form and we should have a clean slate from injuries (which means bringing back Mahon, Johnny Martin, Seán Finn, etc.). And given the way all our players have improved since Mahon took over, I'm really looking forward to seeing Seán Finn again. Could be a good year!

UCD_4_Life
15/11/2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
That's the main factor I think. Doolo apparently also didn't care too much about the scholarship scheme - he'd lost all heart for the job. Since Pete Mahon came in, we've been much better.

Providing we stay up (and Derry still have a game in hand, and even then we should still have another four play-off games), I still think next year could be a very good one for us. We'll have plenty of players with first team experience, we have another five players earmarked already for next season, we'll be able to start afresh without the burden of a seven-point gap to safety and appalling form and we should have a clean slate from injuries (which means bringing back Mahon, Johnny Martin, Seán Finn, etc.). And given the way all our players have improved since Mahon took over, I'm really looking forward to seeing Seán Finn again. Could be a good year!

We were saying that at the end of last year! I don't think Cawley will be here next season, I think Pat Sullivan could possibly be on his bike too and there are others like Johnny Martin who could've caught some scout's eye. If we can stay up, not lose any important players and bring in a few new ones then maybe I'll begin to share your enthusiasm but until then the glass is half empty.

I really lost any respect for Doolin that I ever had this season. From not being particularly bothered about the job at hand (no matter what problems we had I would've expected no less than 100% from him), to trashing us in the papers when he knew he was on his way to Drogheda (he was telling the truth for the most part, but still, I don't think it was right to kick us like that only when he knew he was going...why couldn't he speak out and try to improve things when he was actually at the club?), to the shall we say "eccentric" management decisions he made at times and finally the way that he has been treating Aidan Lynch this season at Drogheda. In fact, I dislike him so much that I put him on my list of "Disliked Players/Staff" in Championship Manager today! That'll show the git.

In conclusion: He's a 24 carat bum.

pineapple stu
15/11/2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
We were saying that at the end of last year!

We didn't have Pete Mahon in charge at the end of last season. He's already shown he has what it takes to bring out the potential in the team, and himself and Eddie Wallace are in it for the long-term.

UCD_4_Life
15/11/2003, 10:09 PM
We didn't have Pete Mahon in charge at the end of last season. He's already shown he has what it takes to bring out the potential in the team, and himself and Eddie Wallace are in it for the long-term.

To be fair, we all thought Doolo was one of the best managers in the league back then...

pineapple stu
15/11/2003, 10:11 PM
Maybe I'm just one of those insanely optimistic people!:D

As we were singing yesterday - "We're going to win the league":D

UCD_4_Life
15/11/2003, 10:18 PM
Maybe I'm just one of those insanely optimistic people!:D

As we were singing yesterday - "We're going to win the league":D

You'd never know, the other eight teams in front of us could all get done for fielding an unregistered player and we'd win the league by default!

Aberdonian Stu
15/11/2003, 10:24 PM
De Fault the two most beautiful words in the English language

...well somebody had to say it

Schumi do you want to link this into our forum in some crazy funky fashion or even in a normal way.

Schumi
18/11/2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Aberdonian Stu
Schumi do you want to link this into our forum in some crazy funky fashion or even in a normal way. Not really. :D

Shed End John
18/11/2003, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by pete
3 Choices for automatic relegation...

Sad as it is, it really looks like it's gonna be Derry at this stage. The once proud Candystripes looked only a shadow of their former selves. They were pathetic against City last Friday and though it was only 1-0 we had enough chances to win 3 games. They're totally lacking in confidence, and I just can't see how they'll turn it around with time running out.

SÓC
18/11/2003, 3:41 PM
Derry City could still cause a shock and totally avoid it.

I feel that their game against the homeless is crucial. If they can beat a bad Rovers side at home I think they might well have enough in them to go and get another win to go ahead of the Drogs.

I cant really see the Drogs picking up any more point this season to be honest.

Macy
18/11/2003, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Derry City could still cause a shock and totally avoid it.

I feel that their game against the homeless is crucial. If they can beat a bad Rovers side at home I think they might well have enough in them to go and get another win to go ahead of the Drogs.

I cant really see the Drogs picking up any more point this season to be honest.
We can but dream...... two Dublin clubs dropping out of the Premier.....

dortie
18/11/2003, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Sad as it is, it really looks like it's gonna be Derry at this stage. The once proud Candystripes looked only a shadow of their former selves. They were pathetic against City last Friday and though it was only 1-0 we had enough chances to win 3 games. They're totally lacking in confidence, and I just can't see how they'll turn it around with time running out.

:rolleyes: What game were you watching....i was pretty sober and thought we deserved a point in Cork....We missed 3 /4 perfectly good chances too remember....im not hiding the fact we are bottom of the league and in serious bother but i do expect us to survive this.......if we beat Rovers on thursday its all to play for.....we would be only 2 points of the Drogs with 2 games left.

Its not over yet

pineapple stu
18/11/2003, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
I feel that their game against the homeless is crucial.

I'm more worried by their game away to Waterford to be honest. You never know what team Waterford are going to send out - they could just as easily win 4-0 as lose 4-0...

pete
18/11/2003, 6:10 PM
Even Derrys home form is abismal the last few months.

Derry have to win at least 1 from last 3 games to even have a hope of surviving for the playoff. I'd say Derry favourites for the drop even if its a playoff as the pressure will only continue.

Just goes to show how competitive the 10 team league is with almost no certain results.

dortie
19/11/2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by pete
Even Derrys home form is abismal the last few months.

Derry have to win at least 1 from last 3 games to even have a hope of surviving for the playoff. I'd say Derry favourites for the drop even if its a playoff as the pressure will only continue.

Just goes to show how competitive the 10 team league is with almost no certain results.

So you dont think we will get 3 points out of 9 ????
I reckon we could get 7...a win over Rovers....a draw at home to Bohs and a win over Waterford......

If i had to bet though id say we should get 4 points !!