PDA

View Full Version : Players for next season

Bray Head
17/09/2008, 9:50 AM
After last nights diabolical performance which players should be kept for next season.

Gough has been brilliant but will he continue next season ? Razor, Tresson & Myler will probably all retire.

We need a decent striker next season. Rowe has been terrible. O'Keeffe has done nothing. Emeka is not up to premier division football yet. Kelly and Mulroy are the future but lack experience.

Whelan has been dissappointing this season and is capable of better.
Cawley's had a bad seaon compared to last when he was player of the year. Both should be kept but need to improve.

Are McCabe and Georgescu gone on loan or permanetly to Shels? Franco was let go for O'Keeffe and is worth a recall.

KK77
17/09/2008, 10:05 AM
Bring back Robbie "Flip Flop Pele" Doyle i say. Bit of entertainment at least.

superfrank
17/09/2008, 1:35 PM
I want to see Skippy back in goals. Gough has been doing reasonably well but I still think Skippy's better.

I don't think Rowe has been terrible this year. There's been a lot of hype about him because we paid for him (not his decision) and that's going to weigh him down.

I think it's a bit much to write off Emeka at this stage, he's only 18.

I'd love to see Franco back but who knows. Eddie doesn't seem to rate him, despite giving him a new contract last year, and I'd say at this stage Franco is sick of waiting around for his chance. I woudln't be surprised if he moves.

I'd like to see Jay O'Shea back at the club. He's done very well for Galway this year.

Also, I think UCD would have a few decent players (Meenan, Purcell) that we could sign if they go down.

Stevo Da Gull
17/09/2008, 4:26 PM
I'm not sure if the O'Shea deal would be on but I definitely wouldn't complain if he came back. He's looked like one of the leagues best prospects when I've seen him this year. I'd like to see Franco given a chance in the first team.

For the remainder of the season I'd like to see young lads like Emeka given a chance, I can certainly attest to the fact that he works hard on his fitness as I've seen him training regularly in the public park near my house. It might not sound like a big deal but he probably gets an extra 7 hours training in a week than your average EL part-timer.

While Gough has done a fantastic job for us, I'd like to see Skippy back in as surely he's the planned no1 for next season.

DRDoc
17/09/2008, 8:34 PM
Anytime I have seen Rowe he has been decent

Franco is not on loan, it was a permanent

McCabe was a loan as far as I know

naoise kennedy
17/09/2008, 9:53 PM
Anytime I have seen Rowe he has been decent

Franco is not on loan, it was a permanent

McCabe was a loan as far as I know

franco is gone, it is permanent. in fairness to the lads up front they are not getting the ball up there, no cawley or gavin defense splitting passes. imo emeka should still be at least on the bench.. Defense lads all should stay, midfield duggan, robson,kavanagh all safe,, up front emeka,mulroy, kelly and rowe are safe imo.. o keeffe. should we try and get him permanenly?????

SSwanderer
18/09/2008, 11:01 AM
Sign Killian Brennan!!!! ;-)

BrayUnknowns
18/09/2008, 3:43 PM
Sign Killian Brennan!!!! ;-)

Why not bring in Fahey, Gamble and Quigley while were at it :D