PDA

View Full Version : Fringe

max power
16/09/2008, 11:35 AM
So has anyone seen it yet, the pilot has aired in the states. I saw it last night and i think its a grower.

If you don't know its from the makers of Lost, you can hear that in the background music throughout.

It started slow but had a nice story line in the end, also involving a mysterious company ( wow how original ). To be honest there are hints of lost and the x files in there.

max power
02/10/2008, 3:17 PM
so i'm the only one watchingthis then:o

pete
02/10/2008, 3:38 PM
X Files remake. Scientist "agent" is now a guy.

I thought it was funny last night on TV3 when the female agent spent an hour trying to save the guy & then she killed him in last 5 minutes :D

eamo1
03/10/2008, 12:26 AM
I heard it was meant to be "the X-Files meets Lost meets CSI",thats a pretty crowded show.I think they just threw in the name of every top rated show in the last few years,why not make it "Friends meets X-Files meets Greys Anatomy meets Lost meets Law and Order meets CSI".
I seen some of it and didnt seem that great but then again the first episode of The Simpsons i seen all those years ago wasnt great and now im a complete Simpsons nerd who knows every quote.So who knows,might happen with this yet.

Ash
03/10/2008, 9:06 AM
Not overly impressed ... they trying to cram to many current shows into the
one new programme. ... Crime, double agents, paranormal activity, special
classified science projects and departments, clouds of secrecy.

Intro was very "Lost" and the opening scene on a plane!

max power
03/10/2008, 10:52 AM
have to say it is growing through the series. More comic moments than The X Files with the scientist guy:D

Ash
09/10/2008, 7:38 AM
Second episode was on last night and unfortunately its just more of the same.
Nothing about it that would make me want to watch next week!

John83
09/10/2008, 11:16 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but reviews like this (http://www.tribune.ie/arts/other/article/2008/oct/05/science-friction/) aren't making me want to.

pete
09/10/2008, 11:42 AM
Looking more and more like X File for todays generation. Not sure if I will stick with this...

anto1208
09/10/2008, 3:47 PM
Saw the opening scene on the plane but gave up after some shocking dialougue soon after, saw an ad for it where Pacy from dawsons creek was investigating someone that died of old age 4 hours after they where born or something like that .

BEing from the makers of lost put me off straight away so it allways had its work cut out to impress me.

Jofspring
23/10/2008, 10:30 AM
have watched the last few episodes, going to stick with it a bit longer but by the looks of things its going to be like Lost going around in circles and never really getting anywhere, i hope not cause this could be a really good show.

Dublin12
29/10/2008, 11:09 AM
I thought this was a documentary about Kenny Cunninghams hair.

Lionel Ritchie
10/11/2008, 10:31 AM
Enjoyed the episode about the lad who'd been modified to allow him remotely power/trigger electric devices.

Didn't see earlier episodes so I disregard her halucinations/visitations anyway as they're peripheral in any event and, as with the X-Files, I find the entire love-interest thing a bit tedious on these shows. I just don't care. They could be fisting firemen off the clock and it's of no consequence to me.

I hope it's not like Lost because I fell away from that quite quickly when it became uttely unfollowable unless you were into buying seasons on DVD.

Incidently, anyone else think yer wan looks like a handy Naomi Watts? Please don't come back and tell me it IS Naomi Watts as I'm near sure it aint.

pete
10/11/2008, 12:23 PM
Incidently, anyone else think yer wan looks like a handy Naomi Watts?

No way.

RogerMilla
12/11/2008, 11:13 AM
have seen the first 3 episodes and am enjoying it but not overwhelmed , big X-files and Lost fan so i hope this can emulate them

RogerMilla
12/11/2008, 11:14 AM
what channel is it on in Ireland TV3 ?

pete
12/11/2008, 10:12 PM
what channel is it on in Ireland TV3 ?

Yes. Used to on Wednesdays. Not sure what day now.

Channel 6 show repeats just like a lot of other TV3 shows.