PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about this.....

patsh
29/09/2003, 4:12 PM
I know I said I'd never bring this up again, but this is really too much.
I read the Echo report tonight, (didn't buy it !) on Saturdays game. Imagine my surprise to find that it was the soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=10948&viewstory=yes) story reprinted in full !
The paragraphs have been shifted around a bit, some more bits stuck on the front and end, but the same inaccuracy about McGuinness being sent off is still kept. Apparently Spillage did not even properly read the piece he lifted...:rolleyes:
This, along with the drivel and ignorance of the eL he displayed on the BRB last night, surely deserves a very cold reception from all at CCFC.

Troy.McClure
29/09/2003, 4:48 PM
I met a guy from Togher on my hols who used to be involved in local football and he said that he used to write the odd few reports for Spillage.

Anyway, nothing new there.

niamh
29/09/2003, 8:52 PM
How do you know that 1) it wasn't copied the other way around and 2)that Spillane wasn't asked to cover the game for them??

patsh
30/09/2003, 9:32 AM
Originally posted by niamh
How do you know that 1) it wasn't copied the other way around and 2)that Spillane wasn't asked to cover the game for them??
As a matter of interest, I mailed the Echo to ask those questions.

1. The soccercentral story was posted on Sunday morning, the Echo was not published until Monday afternoon, so simply by time difference alone, soccercentral could not have copied this story.

2. Even if Spillage was covering for soccercentral, the inaccuracy of the report is shocking for someone who is supposed to be the main soccer correspondent for an "official partner" to Cork City.

fella
30/09/2003, 1:27 PM
speaking of inaccuracy did anyone else spot the in the examiner's match report that they had rovers playing a home game in Cork cos they had recently been evicted from Milltown!!!

Fcuk sake like.

curts82
30/09/2003, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by fella
speaking of inaccuracy did anyone else spot the in the examiner's match report that they had rovers playing a home game in Cork cos they had recently been evicted from Milltown!!!

Fcuk sake like.

Saw thatalso:D ::D :D :D