PDA

View Full Version : More dirty linen...

drinkfeckarse
16/09/2008, 9:19 AM
Check this (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=34037)for more bad news. Bad publicity again even if it's untrue.

sadloserkid
16/09/2008, 10:15 AM
Unpleasant... any official word on this or is it another baseless rumour?

Also has a team ever striked in this league before?

Battery Rover
16/09/2008, 10:18 AM
Heres the full article

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/eircom-league/dead-in-the-water-1476105.html

DRDoc
16/09/2008, 11:49 AM
The independent is second to none when it comes to negative aspects of the league

jebus
16/09/2008, 1:10 PM
This was included on the back page of the Indo along in an article where Fintan Drury says Platinum One isn't needed because the FAI have given assurances that the league isn't so badly off financially.

No prizes for correctly guessing who has friends working at the Indo :rolleyes:

jinxy lilywhite
16/09/2008, 1:56 PM
This was included on the back page of the Indo along in an article where Fintan Drury says Platinum One isn't needed because the FAI have given assurances that the league isn't so badly off financially.

No prizes for correctly guessing who has friends working at the Indo :rolleyes:

Clubs in financial difficulties really have no body to blame but themselves. The cobh board got way in over their heads and they have put their club in jepordy.
The only way for clubs to get Drury and his cronies to stop firing ammunition at the league is to giving them the ammunition to do so

don ramo
16/09/2008, 2:34 PM
its not really a clubs fault (it is and it isnt), for years banks and suppilers were happy enough to wait for money now in with this "credit crunch" there not willing to give an inch, our club owes pittance compared to others, i dunno how acccurate it is, but i heard bohs lost 1.6 mill last year our debth is accumlitive over 3-4 years, and is only a fraction of it,

as i said earlier we wont go bust oweing a fraction of the value of our assets,

rambler14
16/09/2008, 4:03 PM
What a surprise!
The Indo once again brandish our club's already tarnished image in order to sell papers :mad:

sadloserkid
16/09/2008, 4:32 PM
Rubbished by Cobh player spokesperson in today's Echo.

bellavistaman
16/09/2008, 5:04 PM
Also rubbished yesterday in the statement through our press officer.

sadloserkid
16/09/2008, 5:05 PM
Also rubbished yesterday in the statement through our press officer.

In my defence I was unaware of this.

bellavistaman
16/09/2008, 5:14 PM
In my defence I was unaware of this.

I wasnt addressing that to you at all SLK. To tlel you how bad the indo are, i was just talking to press officer and she informed me that she emailed the independant yesterday but they chose to ignore her statement and go with the incorrect statement which they got form unofficial sources, disgrace

sadloserkid
16/09/2008, 5:19 PM
The Indo is a tabloid for snobs. Nothing it prints would surprise me anymore, the archtypal rag and symbollic of pretty much everything wrong with Ireland today. The article was all 'it is believed' and 'it would seem'. Complete and utter fluff. Regardless of whether or not you people want my sympathy I am genuinely outraged on your behalf.

Mr A
16/09/2008, 7:22 PM
They seem to have been dancing to the Platinum One's tune in a major way at the Indo, and the Cobh story seems to be one last swipe at the league and FAI from Drury and co as they huff and realize they're not bloody wanted.

drinkfeckarse
17/09/2008, 10:36 AM
I wasnt addressing that to you at all SLK. To tlel you how bad the indo are, i was just talking to press officer and she informed me that she emailed the independant yesterday but they chose to ignore her statement and go with the incorrect statement which they got form unofficial sources, disgrace

That's shocking, gutter journalism :mad:

offside rule
17/09/2008, 10:40 AM

Can the Indo not be sue'd over doing that???.
Slander, false advertising, untruths, watever you want to call it!!!

Redshanks
17/09/2008, 11:06 AM
It is a disgrace and one the club can do little about, but the FAI should confront the editor of that rag for its misconduct. Isnt there so sort of media watchdog to investigate this sort of thing?

bellavistaman
17/09/2008, 11:47 AM
It is a disgrace and one the club can do little about, but the FAI should confront the editor of that rag for its misconduct. Isnt there so sort of media watchdog to investigate this sort of thing?

Its a fantastic idea but clearly the FAI are on the same wave length as us. But id go forward with the watchdog thing, we HAVE to sort this toe rag of a paper out

Battery Rover
17/09/2008, 11:58 AM
Isnt there so sort of media watchdog to investigate this sort of thing?

www.presscouncil.ie and the ethics they stand by are there as well

Redshanks
17/09/2008, 5:48 PM
I'm told a certain Indo reporter has today made contact with our Media Officers because of what was said here today.

Goes to show that they do read theses sites (obviously more than legit Press Statements) so be careful what you say folks. Indo journalism has sank to a new low if they are relying on us to give them news!

As someone has said, the Media-Watchdog got them thinking/worried!:D

rambler14
17/09/2008, 5:55 PM
I'm told a certain Indo reporter has today made contact with our Media Officers because of what was said here today.

Goes to show that they do read theses sites (obviously more than legit Press Statements) so be careful what you say folks. Indo journalism has sank to a new low if they are relying on us to give them news!

As someone has said, the Media-Watchdog got them thinking/worried!

:D I hope she put him in his place?

Anyway...................Hi Neil!!!!!!.............now go away!:D:mad:

6yardpunisha
17/09/2008, 6:50 PM

As someone has said, the Media-Watchdog got them thinking/worried!:D

Neil Aherne has some hard on for Ramblers, would he ever get a life and report facts about the club