PDA

View Full Version : Protest March to RTE Studios After Pat's/Berlin at RDS?

Boh_So_Good
15/09/2008, 11:05 PM
I would be up for it. Especially if Pat's win. They would never live down the shame. Just a peaceful but noisy protest into the early hours.

It is not that far of a walk and a few thousands LOI fans chanting "DON'T PAY YOUR TV LICIENCE ANYMORE!!!" outside Montrose in protest of "Ireland's National Broadcaster" spending money on Liverpool and Man U in the Champions League tomorrow night while sticking Pat's on Long Wave.

If ever there was a chance to make our feelings known it would be that night and we might not get another chance like it. Leaflets and flyers should be handed out as well. The chattering classes of D4 might finally notice we exist if we keep them awake. That's were all the moron Oirish jounalists live.

RTE really have gone too far this time.

finnpark
15/09/2008, 11:10 PM
I would be up for it. It is not that far of a walking and a few thousands LOI fans chanting "DON'T YOUR TV LICIENCE!!!" outside Montrose in protest of Ireland's National Broadcaster spending money on Liverpool and Man U in the Champions League tomorrow night.

If ever there was a chance to make our feelings known it would be that night.

Setanta have snapped up the rights to it so RTE can't show it. The 2nd leg is live on RTE 2 at 5pm next Tuesday.

There will be no protests next week if Pats make the biggest breakthrough for Irish football since Charlton qualifying in 1988 for the Euros.

Im sure an open top bus tour of the city will be on the cards for the Pats team if they qualify .

Hopefully this won't happen, although I think the Pats defenders are better than Dunne:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44688000/jpg/_44688032_3rep.jpg

Just look at the minnows little stadium, Hertha's home ground looks like a little farm:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/398995470_496f1fa7d9.jpg?v=0

A face
15/09/2008, 11:24 PM
I would be up for it. Especially if Pat's win.

It could only happen if Pats won.

They would never live down the shame.

They have lived with the shame up until now though.

Just a peaceful but noisy protest into the early hours.

If it was then it would be grand.

It may take something like that for RTE to sit up and notice. If Pats wins then it would be one of the biggest mess ups from them in years.

soccerc
15/09/2008, 11:27 PM
As a Pats fan and a football supporter I've never laughed my boll ix off as much as this small thread.

Get a fcuk ing life the two of you ;)

finnpark
15/09/2008, 11:29 PM
It could only happen if Pats won.

They have lived with the shame up until now though.

If it was then it would be grand.

It may take something like that for RTE to sit up and notice. If Pats wins then it would be one of the biggest mess ups from them in years.

My self and a few others are in too :D

Trainee
16/09/2008, 12:06 AM
Only TV3 & Setanta have Uefa Cup rights in Ireland, so even if Pats get to UFEA cup final RTE cant so any of the games

mypost
16/09/2008, 2:22 AM
Just look at the minnows little stadium, Hertha's home ground looks like a little farm:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/398995470_496f1fa7d9.jpg?v=0

:confused:

As the local club in the city, Hertha can use it. It still doesn't make them a great side, and are unlikely to make it past Christmas in the competition.

Dodge
16/09/2008, 3:42 AM
Only TV3 & Setanta have Uefa Cup rights in Ireland, so even if Pats get to UFEA cup final RTE cant so any of the games

Not true. Thats only for the group stages

Gareth
16/09/2008, 7:47 AM
As a Pats fan and a football supporter I've never laughed my boll ix off as much as this small thread.

Get a fcuk ing life the two of you ;)

:D :D

iceman
16/09/2008, 8:42 AM
Game is on livefooty , 5pm ko.
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/tue16.9/Hertha_StPatrick.html

kkontour
16/09/2008, 11:48 AM
Also on DSF Sport Free To Air, for those with satellite dishes pointing at Astra 1

Larry 'da' Wyse
16/09/2008, 12:44 PM
Big an' all the stadium is they have only sold c7,000 tickets for the game to date.

pateen
16/09/2008, 4:02 PM
Game is on livefooty , 5pm ko.
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/tue16.9/Hertha_StPatrick.html

Is this working for anyone?

KianD
16/09/2008, 4:23 PM
Also on DSF Sport Free To Air, for those with satellite dishes pointing at Astra 1

Would have been a few quid if I'd flyered Inchicore about German FTA systems over the past week then, probably. Once a sat installer always a sat installer :p

Nice clear picture with in-sync commentary compared to any web feeds of it. Although the reason its free is the 8 minute ad break before the first half and the constant text-in competitions coming on screen!

pete
16/09/2008, 4:28 PM
Funny thread.

bellavistaman
16/09/2008, 6:21 PM
Stupid thread.

TonyD
16/09/2008, 6:28 PM
Just on the same general theme, though not on RTE, the Irish Independent this morning, with Pats playing one of the LOI,s biggest games in years, has as their back page headline "Dead in the Water" about the All Ireland league. Seriously, how much do these bunch of ****s hate the LOI ?

Razors left peg
16/09/2008, 6:40 PM
Hopefully this won't happen, although I think the Pats defenders are better than Dunne:

???????????????????
Words fail me:eek::eek::eek: