PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup Latest (15/9/08)

Aaron
15/09/2008, 8:03 PM
Drogheda 1-1 Cork City

Dungannon Swfits 2-4 Cliftonville

Linfield 1-4 Glentoran:):)

holidaysong
15/09/2008, 8:18 PM
Sporting Fingal 2-2 Wexford Youths is also a latest.

Rovers Maniac
15/09/2008, 8:33 PM
Seems like a football match has broken out in the middle of drumming practise in Drogheda tonight.

Youths4Ever
15/09/2008, 8:33 PM
3-2 wexford youths

holidaysong
15/09/2008, 8:34 PM
Fingal 2-3 Wexford :D

Aaron
15/09/2008, 8:40 PM
All over at Windsor and Stangmore

Youths4Ever
15/09/2008, 8:42 PM
Final score 3 -2 Wexford Youths

holidaysong
15/09/2008, 8:49 PM
Final score 3 -2 Wexford Youths

More of the same at the weekend please Wexford. ;)

holidaysong
15/09/2008, 9:19 PM
Why was the Drogheda - Cork match on TV and not the Linfield - Glentoran match when the group with Drogheda and Cork was over before tonights games? Strange choice...

Youths4Ever
15/09/2008, 9:25 PM
More of the same at the weekend please Wexford. ;)

Hope so :D

Dodge
15/09/2008, 9:39 PM
Linfield 1-4 Glentoran:):)

Throws our group wide open. Table looks like this at the minute

1 Derry City pl4 pts7 gd+2
2 Linfield pl5 pts7 gd-1
3 St Patrick's pl4 pts5 gd0
4 Glentoran pl5 pts5 gd-1

Games left
Pats v Derry
Derry v Linfield
Glens v Pats

Probably make the 2 LOI teams favourite to get through

passinginterest
15/09/2008, 10:15 PM
Youths v Fingal was a thoroughly entertaining game. Youths deserved the win always looked dangerous going forward, scored two beautifully crafted goals in the first half, went too defensive at start of second and got punished, started to attack again and hit the bar after another lovely move, the winner was a fairly lucky break, although Anto finished it very well. Fingal scored early after a slip from a Youths centre half let them through the middle, they always looked dangerous from set pieces, their second came when Youths failed to close space around the edge of the box and Doyle finished very well.

TheBoss
15/09/2008, 10:50 PM

2 Linfield pl5 pts7 gd-1

Games left
Pats v Derry
Derry v Linfield
Glens v Pats

Yes, if Pats beat Derry by 1 goal, then they would be favourites.

Lux Interior
15/09/2008, 11:08 PM

2 Linfield pl5 pts7 gd-1

Games left
Pats v Derry
Derry v Linfield
Glens v Pats

Not quite so clear cut, though.

I fancy Derry to lose to Pats and draw with Linfield. Glens - if we play like we did tonight, finally showing up in this competition after 4 years - to beat Pats.

That leaves all four clubs on 8, yes?

If it comes to that scenario, is it decided on goal diffrence or head-to-head? If it's the latter, then we'll have better h2h versus Linfield and Pats. If it's the former, then at this stage, it's still to close to call.

A lot of ifs'n'buts ..... Derry could choke against Linfield yet again.

:o

holidaysong
16/09/2008, 9:15 AM

I agree, Derry don't have a good record against Linfield in this competition at all.

WindmillWarrior
16/09/2008, 10:19 AM
Seems like a football match has broken out in the middle of drumming practise in Drogheda tonight.

I know, annoying as f*ck aint it. All these young Ultras and schooligan groups are making the atmosphere worse at grounds imo. Certainly at United Park anyway

Aaron
16/09/2008, 9:42 PM
Not quite so clear cut, though.

I fancy Derry to lose to Pats and draw with Linfield. Glens - if we play like we did tonight, finally showing up in this competition after 4 years - to beat Pats.

That leaves all four clubs on 8, yes?

If it comes to that scenario, is it decided on goal diffrence or head-to-head? If it's the latter, then we'll have better h2h versus Linfield and Pats. If it's the former, then at this stage, it's still to close to call.

If we draw with Pats next week we are through. The Linfield game would be meaningless to us then, but it dosnt mean we wont want to beat them

Stiof
17/09/2008, 8:05 AM
If we draw with Pats next week we are through. The Linfield game would be meaningless to us then, but it dosnt mean we wont want to beat them

:confused: If we draw with Pats, get beat by Linfield and Pats beat the Glens, then we are out, no?

Steve Bruce
17/09/2008, 9:43 AM
Does this league get decided by head to head or goal difference if we are on equal points?

dancinpants
17/09/2008, 6:47 PM

:confused: How will it be meaningless? If we draw with Pats we'll only be a point ahead of the Blues, thus it'll be all to play for at the Brandywell.

As Steve asked is it head to head that decides on level points or goal difference? Coz if ,its head to head (should we lose to Pats) we need to beat the Blues by 3 clear goals. If its GD, we just need to draw.

:confused: If we draw with Pats, get beat by Linfield and Pats beat the Glens, then we are out, no?

Correct

Joey Killester
17/09/2008, 7:53 PM
I know, annoying as f*ck aint it. All these young Ultras and schooligan groups are making the atmosphere worse at grounds imo. Certainly at United Park anyway

:D They might get better in a few years when they are over 18.

Aaron
17/09/2008, 10:13 PM
:confused: How will it be meaningless? If we draw with Pats we'll only be a point ahead of the Blues, thus it'll be all to play for at the Brandywell.

As Steve asked is it head to head that decides on level points or goal difference? Coz if ,its head to head (should we lose to Pats) we need to beat the Blues by 3 clear goals. If its GD, we just need to draw.

Correct

Oops:o Asked the question on DCChat without working it out and someone said we would. I still fancy us to qualify next week

thischarmingman
23/09/2008, 7:45 PM
Just bumping this thread rather than starting a new one for one match as the game is part of this round of fixtures anyway.

Pats 0-1 Derry L
Mc Hugh '33
ko. 8:05

thischarmingman
23/09/2008, 7:49 PM
McHugh was already on a yellow and dropped his shorts after scoring but the ref booked Deery by mistake.

Flexy
23/09/2008, 7:53 PM
McHugh was already on a yellow and dropped his shorts after scoring but the ref booked Deery by mistake.
Buttimer is a joke not one of the Derry bookings deserved to be a yellow card. 2 players booked and ruled out of blues match. Mc Hugh was onside for his yellow as well. Great game though

thischarmingman
23/09/2008, 7:56 PM
Felix just said it was a combo of Molloy and Deery that did it but it was pre-planned.

H/T btw

Brian Hamilton thinks Derry could easily be 2/3 up. Reports on our chatsite say Derry have been superb.

Flexy
23/09/2008, 8:00 PM
H/T btw

Brian Hamilton thinks Derry could easily be 2/3 up. Reports on our chatsite say Derry have been superb.[/quote]
Should be 3-1 Derry, Best Derry have played for a while

OneRedArmy
23/09/2008, 8:26 PM
I hope we win if only to shove it up Pats for sticking us in the corner in a vain & futile attempt to make it look like there's actually a crowd here.

Atrocious attendence, less than 1,000, poss comfortably less.

thischarmingman
23/09/2008, 8:47 PM
9 mins left.

thischarmingman
23/09/2008, 9:02 PM
Full time. 1-0

:D:D

Win or draw against Linfield and we play home to Cork, lose and we're away to Drogs. Any of the other three can still qualify.

We've now beaten Pats 3 times this season, twice at Richmond Park. :)

kdjaC
23/09/2008, 9:19 PM
I hope we win if only to shove it up Pats for sticking us in the corner in a vain & futile attempt to make it look like there's actually a crowd here.

Sticking them....ie the ones that went to the game, tbh Derry fans had a cracking view only unobstructed view in the ground (thats my spot :() Away fans should always be stuck there imo.

Derry deserved the win, think our players have minds on another game.

About 1200 at it i reckon, we beat Rovers vs Cork on a friday attd so im happy.

kdjac

BillyG
23/09/2008, 9:33 PM

Wouldn't normally bother but what did you want....the whole stand behind the other goal for the 50/60 of you?

And as Kdjac says...one of best unobstructed views of game.......and you got goal in that end. Well deserved derry win as we were shockingly bad

OneRedArmy
23/09/2008, 10:15 PM
Sticking them....ie the ones that went to the game, tbh Derry fans had a cracking view only unobstructed view in the ground (thats my spot :() Away fans should always be stuck there imo.

Derry deserved the win, think our players have minds on another game.

About 1200 at it i reckon, we beat Rovers vs Cork on a friday attd so im happy.

kdjacI was at the game. The wonders of modern technology....

1,200 me balls.

Saint_Charlie
23/09/2008, 11:51 PM
1,200 me balls.

Yep there was probably less than 1,000 at it. Shocking attendance to accompany a shocking performance.

I don't think the messing round with the group stages has helped the setanta at all. Wasn't there less than 1,000 in Cork yesterday too?

Candystripe
24/09/2008, 2:07 AM
Just back and what a performance, went to the main stand and stayed there for the game.

Even though we're through we will have no less than 5,000 for our last game V Linfield.

It's about time all clubs fans took this seriously!

Dodge
24/09/2008, 7:37 AM
It's about time all clubs fans took this seriously!

If you say so...

Fully deserved win for Derry Better team for the entire game.

Oh and were the Derry fans were "stuck" is miles better than the place away fans are stuck in the Brandywell. At least you didn't have a dog trap in your way

Flexy
24/09/2008, 9:19 AM
At least you didn't have a dog trap in your way[/quote]
Dodge we would be quite happy if the next time your up in Derry that yous burn the dog trap. The doggy men in Derry are a waste of space.