PDA

View Full Version : Wireless TV Reception

Wolfie
15/09/2008, 8:03 AM
Does anyone know if a wireless attachment / device is available to pick up a television signal from a TV point in a separate room?

We were thinking of putting a Tv in the kitchen but there's no TV point in there. This is despite have 4 TV points throughout the house :rolleyes:

A solution would be to "pick up" the signal from the sitting room with this possibly non-existent device in the kitchen.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Wolfie
16/09/2008, 7:29 AM
I suppose that's what you call a rhetorical question!! :D :D

A face
16/09/2008, 4:37 PM
I suppose that's what you call a rhetorical question!! :D :D

Man, if i knew anything at all about it i would have let you know but i haven't a clue. Sorry man !! :o

Battery Rover
16/09/2008, 7:49 PM
I dont think it is possible as it would be classed as broadcasting and a license would be needed.

One way it would be possible I would think is if you got one of the video sender things and connected it to the third scart on a dvd player and used the tuner in that to feed the signal to your tv. The only problem with this would be if someone was watching a DVD then you wouldnt be able to watch anything different to what they were playing. Can't think a way round that one

I do remember something being mentioned last year on some technology show about a company that had developed a device that could transmit tv through regular electrical circuits (like the network adapters) but have heard nothing since.

Wolfie
17/09/2008, 7:50 AM
Fair play - thanks for that lads.

noby
17/09/2008, 8:02 AM
Is running a cable out of the question?

Wolfie
17/09/2008, 8:14 AM
Is running a cable out of the question?

Yeah - I won't bore you with the logistics!! :)

noby
17/09/2008, 8:20 AM
Did you try putting rabbit ears on the microwave?

Wolfie
17/09/2008, 12:05 PM
Did you try putting rabbit ears on the microwave?

Yeah - All I got was TV3 and The God Channel :(

noby
17/09/2008, 12:17 PM
Well, if you managed to nuke Martin King at least some good came from the experiment.

Along the lines of BR's suggestion, if you picked up an extra FTA box from Lidl or somewhere, wouldn't that work with a video sender? Something like this. (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=222672&doy=search&C=SO&U=Strat15)

Wolfie
17/09/2008, 12:22 PM
Well, if you managed to nuke Martin King at least some good came from the experiment.

Along the lines of BR's suggestion, if you picked up an extra FTA box from Lidl or somewhere, wouldn't that work with a video sender? Something like this. (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=222672&doy=search&C=SO&U=Strat15)

Sound Noby - thanks for taking the trouble on that.

On a far more serious note - If I hook it up to the microwave does that mean I can make popcorn on the upstairs telly? :confused:

noby
17/09/2008, 12:25 PM
Not my area, but I think you have to go 88mph first.

Wolfie
17/09/2008, 12:31 PM
Not my area, but I think you have to go 88mph first.

Ah yes - standard issue in 2053 I'd imagine.

To the Dolorean!!!!