PDA

View Full Version : Supporting Bray or Celtic?

KR's Post
15/09/2008, 6:58 AM
Saw a guy with Celtic jersey on in the Bray crowd on friday evening. Why? I know it is green and white but it's Bray in the Quarter Final of the Ford Cup, Not Celtic you are supporting!!! I'm Sure ya wouldn't see any other league(Proper fan) wearing a foreign team jersey to support their local club! And it was on the tele which made it worse!! For all to see.

Titan
15/09/2008, 8:35 AM
Saw a guy with Celtic jersey on in the Bray crowd on friday evening. Why? I know it is green and white but it's Bray in the Quarter Final of the Ford Cup, Not Celtic you are supporting!!! I'm Sure ya wouldn't see any other league(Proper fan) wearing a foreign team jersey to support their local club! And it was on the tele which made it worse!! For all to see.

At the same game there were kids wearing Liverpool and Man U tracksuit tops. Mostly these kids would wear these wheteher going to a game or visiting their grannys its not a big deal at least they went! Regarding the guy in the Celtic shirt he must be some sort of Bray fan what with making the trip to Galway and all. Maybe his Bray shirt was in the wash!:)

dublinwanderer
15/09/2008, 10:27 AM
no his bray jersey was on his girlfriend who was also at the match. so unlike most other so called bray fans who dont bother wear the clubs colours he decided to wear a celtic jersey cause it is green and white. i know it is a foreign jersy etc but at least he tried!!!

and to be honest if someone made the effort to get off work or school and travelled all the way to galway for a bray match, i wouldnt give a sh*t what they worn....

KK77
15/09/2008, 11:35 AM
Lads and Lassies might be better to start looking a little closer to home coz i am nearly sure the clubs PRO is a big Man U fan and he seems to often slag off people who travel to watch the UK teams yet welcomes the mighty Berba to OT and so on. Find it sickening that people like this carry on as if they don't follow UK teams and run others down who do. Probably find the same person rarely travels outside of Dublin to follow his beloved Bray. I know it's off the topic and all but needs to be said.

BrayUnknowns
15/09/2008, 12:03 PM
Lads and Lassies might be better to start looking a little closer to home coz i am nearly sure the clubs PRO is a big Man U fan and he seems to often slag off people who travel to watch the UK teams yet welcomes the mighty Berba to OT and so on. Find it sickening that people like this carry on as if they don't follow UK teams and run others down who do. Probably find the same person rarely travels outside of Dublin to follow his beloved Bray. I know it's off the topic and all but needs to be said.

Well knowing both the PRO and the CPO of the club i'm sure if you knew what you were talking about you will find the the PRO supports Everton and the CPO support Man United but i don't see what that has to do with anything what so ever?

Just a littlle tip, maybe for having a pop at people make sure youhave your facts right and you know what your talking about, it doesn't make you look as silly then.

Also, At every single game from the start to the finish of this season in every ground the width and breath of the country i'm 100% sure you will see English or Scottish etc jerseys at games.

I say fair play to the Bray fan who was actually at the game supporting his club and even more cudos for bring his girlfriend to an away game. I hope who ever he is keeps up the good work in supporting Bray both home and away games. Actually that goes for all Bray fans, fair play to those who could and did make it down on Friday. I for one couldn't because i was working, does that mean i'm not as big a supporter though?

superfrank
15/09/2008, 12:35 PM
Your man who had the Celtic jersey on is a big fan of Bray. I've seen him around the Shed and the new stand for years. As has been said, if he made the trip then he's definitely a Bray fan worth giving some respect to.

I don't see why people are getting upset about this. There's dozens of Bray fans who support English teams, as long as they are there to cheer on Bray, it doesn't matter to me.

KK77
15/09/2008, 1:02 PM
Well knowing both the PRO and the CPO of the club i'm sure if you knew what you were talking about you will find the the PRO supports Everton and the CPO support Man United but i don't see what that has to do with anything what so ever?

Just a littlle tip, maybe for having a pop at people make sure youhave your facts right and you know what your talking about, it doesn't make you look as silly then.

Also, At every single game from the start to the finish of this season in every ground the width and breath of the country i'm 100% sure you will see English or Scottish etc jerseys at games.

I say fair play to the Bray fan who was actually at the game supporting his club and even more cudos for bring his girlfriend to an away game. I hope who ever he is keeps up the good work in supporting Bray both home and away games. Actually that goes for all Bray fans, fair play to those who could and did make it down on Friday. I for one couldn't because i was working, does that mean i'm not as big a supporter though?

Ok the CPO and being honest it's a bit gay pulling someone up on such a mistake i mean this isn't the dead poets f**king society we are on. I have every right to say what i said when this CPO is slagging people off following uk teams when he's as big a supporter of a uk team as well. It's a bit hypocritical. Better off to say nothing as try to be Billy Big Boots to people.

Hulsey
15/09/2008, 1:54 PM
Pointless thread. I'd rather see someone in a Celtic jersey at the game than someone at home in front of the tv wearing a bray jersey who couldn't be arsed making the trip

lowflyingseagul
15/09/2008, 3:59 PM
wtf? i've been to a lot of games at loads of different grounds and i've never ever not seen a premier league shirt or a celtic shirt.

the problem seems to be that he was there and you may not have been.
the guy has travelled down on a friday to support his team.

Seagull
15/09/2008, 4:08 PM
wtf? i've been to a lot of games at loads of different grounds and i've never ever not seen a premier league shirt or a celtic shirt.

the problem seems to be that he was there and you may not have been.
the guy has travelled down on a friday to support his team.

KR's Post started the thread, just stirring imo- he doesn't even go to the Carlisle to watch the team and he slags off someone who's up in Galway supporting them?

KR's Post
15/09/2008, 6:27 PM
KR's Post started the thread, just stirring imo- he doesn't even go to the Carlisle to watch the team and he slags off someone who's up in Galway supporting them?

Been there bought sevearal tickets. 12 years of doing it. When ya spend so much of your hard earned money, sometimes to watch ****, all that travel. I spent a fortune, ye like some others but more than others. For f-uck sake 300 on drums almost the same on flags(although as i said before Jack helped me there, not the SC) The supporters club are to set in their ways, don't listen to the fans! Never did with me anyway. P.s. In saying that, Jack always was their for a bit of encouragement and help, but he is the general manager and had enough on his hands!!!!!

bray boy
15/09/2008, 8:41 PM
The supporters club are to set in their ways, don't listen to the fans!

100% agree

Stevo Da Gull
15/09/2008, 8:51 PM
The supporters club comes in for a bit too much stick these days IMO. I'm not saying they're perfect but they aren't monsters or anything, and they do contribute quite a fair bit to the club.

SSwanderer
17/09/2008, 10:34 AM
It was me in the Celtic jersey, Baz,.. Been goin 13 years so if i so choose to wear a celtic jersey i will,.. not that i need to explain but the reason was that the girl i brought was wearin my bray top... and at least im not wearing an english jersey which is prob a red one,.. im wearin a green and white one, just like bray, so get a life and stop posting rediculous stuff and wasting all our time!

superfrank
17/09/2008, 12:17 PM
Just thought I'd post a bit from Eddie's notes in the programme last night:

I would like to thank our supporters for their support in Galway, it was much appreciated by myself, my management and the players. It makes a hug difference to all of us.
Eddie doesn't give a crap what jersey one fan wears, what matters to him is the numbers that turn out.

mightyseagull
17/09/2008, 12:29 PM
It was me in the Celtic jersey, Baz,.. Been goin 13 years so if i so choose to wear a celtic jersey i will,.. not that i need to explain but the reason was that the girl i brought was wearin my bray top... and at least im not wearing an english jersey which is prob a red one,.. im wearin a green and white one, just like bray, so get a life and stop posting rediculous stuff and wasting all our time!

miss september i take it baz:D