PDA

View Full Version : City go third

Ref
29/09/2003, 10:45 AM
*Just to point out that the referee was Damien Hancock from Dublin and not Dan Deady from Cork.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City go third - 27 September 2003 - FAI.ie

Cork City moved up third place in the Premier Division when second half goals from Kevin Murray and George O'Callaghan gave them a 2-0 victory over Shamrock Rovers in what was technically a home game for the Dublin side at Turners Cross.

Rovers threatened early on when Cork 'keeper Michael Devine made a double save from Trevor Molloy and James Keddy in the opening four minutes. Then Cork striker Kevin Doyle, taking over from the injured John O'Flynn, missed two first half chances.

The turning point of the game came on 57 minutes when Rovers defender Trevor Croly was sent off for a second yellow card offence by Cork referee Dan Deady after he had taken down Doyle.

Cork always played with more drive and composure and their pressure paid off with two goals in a five minute spell. Midfielder Kevin Murray was on target with his first goal for the club when he powered home a diving header after a free by George O'Callaghan on 65 minutes.

And it was O'Callaghan who made the points safe for Cork when he crashed home a great second goal and his sixth of the season on 70 minutes.

Teams:
Shamrock Rovers: Ryan; Croly, Palmer, McGuinness, Keith Doyle; T.Grant, Boughanem; Colwell, Keddy; Molloy, Fitzpatrick.
Subs: Gough for Fitzpatrick (56 mins.), Reynolds for Boughanem (69 mins.), Haylock for Keith Doyle (85 mins.).

Cork City: Devine; Horgan, Coughlan, D.Murray, Woods; C.T.O'Brien, K.Murray, O'Halloran, Kearney; Kevin Doyle, O'Callaghan.
Sub: Bennett for O'Halloran (85 mins.).

Referee: D Deady (Cork).

James
29/09/2003, 12:08 PM
ref,

if you're gona post a match report from somewhere on the web here, please post a link to where you have taken the report from out of courtsey (bah sp!!)

thanks
james

Ref
29/09/2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by James
ref,

if you're gona post a match report from somewhere on the web here, please post a link to where you have taken the report from out of courtsey (bah sp!!)

thanks
james

em i did say FAI.ie

that not do you??

thanks
Ref.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

James
29/09/2003, 7:07 PM
Originally posted by Ref
em i did say FAI.ie

that not do you??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i dont make the rules here

the gaffer: Please don't post full news stories from other sites on Foot.ie. A couple of paragraphs and a link to the full story is fine.

Ref
29/09/2003, 7:19 PM
A Face does it all the time!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

A face
30/09/2003, 12:20 AM
Hey dont bring me into this like !! :rolleyes:

:)

Anyway .... the stuff i post is of a far better quality :eek: :)

Ref
30/09/2003, 9:43 AM
just cos all ye cork city people don't like referees........

;)

razor
30/09/2003, 10:24 AM
Could ya blame us ?