PDA

View Full Version : Notification of replies to posts

zizu's head
12/09/2008, 11:46 AM
Mods, or whoever,
Is there a way that I can be notified that someone has replied to my post, or do I simply have to keep logging on and checking if there are replies? It would be great if I could be notified by e-mail.

Thanks,

sligoman
12/09/2008, 11:49 AM
Control, Edit Options, and then under 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' select Instant Email Notification and then save the settings.

If you've already posted the thread you want to subscribe to then go back to the post and click edit, go advanced and in additional options and change 'do no subscribe' to 'instant email notification'.

John83
12/09/2008, 11:54 AM
Sligoman's recommendation will get you a notification of updates to every thread you post in. If you just want to get notification for a single thread, do as he describes in his second paragraph.

zizu's head
13/09/2008, 8:00 AM
Thanks lads.
I appreciate it.

bellavistaman
13/09/2008, 2:35 PM
what if you dont use the email you joined under, i use my hotmail one all the time

sligoman
13/09/2008, 3:04 PM
what if you dont use the email you joined under, i use my hotmail one all the timeWell obviously it's not going to know you use your hotmail one and send it to that.

John83
15/09/2008, 3:33 PM
what if you dont use the email you joined under, i use my hotmail one all the time
Change your email address:
Click on Control (leftmost on the green bar near the top of the page), then on "Edit Your Details" (top of the sidebar on the left), then on "Edit Email & Password" (button near the top of the page).

Schumi
15/09/2008, 4:00 PM
I don't think you'll be allowed to use a hotmail address though. Can you set up the address you signed up with to forward foot.ie mails to your hotmail?