PDA

View Full Version : Ireland block booking available for world cup campaign

harps1954
11/09/2008, 6:57 PM
Mods: Feel free to delete if this shouldn't be posted here.

I have a block booking of two tickets available for all Ireland's home matches for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. The tickets are located in the Lower Hogan Stand.

Tickets need to be purchased for the five qualifer matches against Cyprus, Georgia, Italy, Bulgaria and Montenegro as well as any friendly matches that are played at Croke Park during the time of the qualifers. The only friendly announced at this stage is the Poland game in November. Tickets are priced at €70 for each of the qualifers and €55 for the friendly games. Total cost of the package is €810.

If you are interested, please send me a pm. Because of the way that I have got stung in the past with people pulling out of their block bookings midway through a campaign, payment for the tickets will be in three installements over the next three months - Sept, Oct and Nov. Sorry if this doesn't suit everyone, but this is how I deal with all the people who block book tickets with me.

PLEASE NOTE THESE TICKETS ARE JUST GUARANTEED FOR THIS WORLD CUP QUALIFYING CAMPAIGN.

Bluetonic
12/09/2008, 9:07 AM
If you've blocked booked too many tickets why not just give it back to the FAI - Oh wait you most likely want to keep it when Lansdowne is build!

hp123
12/09/2008, 3:25 PM
This is exactly where this ticket system is flawed. I said this ages ago on here. You have people with a huge block booking then trying to get rid of them. Should be one person, one ticket. The FAI arrange for you to sit beside your mates anyway.

Greenforever
12/09/2008, 8:23 PM
This is Ticket Touting, a quick look at your history and you are offering tickets for all matches, you should just reduce your allocation for the tickets to cover yourself and whoever accompanies you to ALL matches.

You also seem to have had tickets for away games surplus, WHY did you apply for them in the first place.

Why should anyone take part of your allocation to just ensure you have tickets for others for a future campaign????

Anyone who does take these tickets should keep the ticket stubs and report it to the ticket office upon receipt of the last tickets and request the allocation be transferred to them or at least cancelled.

gspain
13/09/2008, 10:44 AM
This is Ticket Touting, a quick look at your history and you are offering tickets for all matches, you should just reduce your allocation for the tickets to cover yourself and whoever accompanies you to ALL matches.

You also seem to have had tickets for away games surplus, WHY did you apply for them in the first place.

Why should anyone take part of your allocation to just ensure you have tickets for others for a future campaign????

Anyone who does take these tickets should keep the ticket stubs and report it to the ticket office upon receipt of the last tickets and request the allocation be transferred to them or at least cancelled.

This isn't touting. The tickets are being offered at face value.

If somebody has a reason why they can't attend games for the next couple of years be it moving abroad or perhaps the birth of a child why is it so wrong for them to try and offload their tickets at FACE VALUE for this period.

Greenforever
13/09/2008, 11:32 AM
This isn't touting. The tickets are being offered at face value.

If somebody has a reason why they can't attend games for the next couple of years be it moving abroad or perhaps the birth of a child why is it so wrong for them to try and offload their tickets at FACE VALUE for this period.

I may be cynical but why is he applying for away tickets he doesn need as well, a quick look at his previous posts he's been offering tickets for away games too that he didnt need to buy at all.

Also he refers to his rules for block booking off him?????

i have a block booking and its simple each person pays for their ticket for the match or they lose it, simple. It is that persons responsibility to offload the ticket for a one off match, not mine. My 8 tickets are merely 1 for me with 7 others held in trust for friends and family.

hp123
14/09/2008, 5:43 PM
I may be cynical but why is he applying for away tickets he doesn need as well, a quick look at his previous posts he's been offering tickets for away games too that he didnt need to buy at all.

Also he refers to his rules for block booking off him?????

i have a block booking and its simple each person pays for their ticket for the match or they lose it, simple. It is that persons responsibility to offload the ticket for a one off match, not mine. My 8 tickets are merely 1 for me with 7 others held in trust for friends and family.

Simple way to solve this. All block bookings broken down to one per person. If you have eight, offer you the chance to transfer the name of the person you normally give the ticket to on to a new block booking number. 1 ticket, 1 person. Easy really. Cuts out any scenario where somebody has the power to do what he wants with 8 tickets. Will reduce touting and probably free up alot of space on the block booking list for people who want to go to every game.

harps1954
14/09/2008, 7:42 PM

ALL MATCHES - Please list ALL the matches that I have sold tickets for. Please show that I have had spare tickets for ALL matches. Yes, in the past I have had spare tickets for SOME games, but not ALL games.

The last game I had surplus tickets for away games was the game against Georgia - WHY? Because I applied for four tickets for a friend of mine (someone who posts very regular on here) but because of the uncertainty surrounding the venue and also the goings-on in Georgia, he advised me that he did not want them. When he told me this, instead of sending them back, I offered other supporters on here the opportunity to purchase them. When no-one took up the offer, the tickets were sent back to the FAI. I can safetly say that I have only offered tickets for away matches here no more than two or three times.

Same instance here. For a personal reason (which I am certainly not going to explain to you on a public forum) the person who has block booked these tickets off me for years said that he couldn't take them off me going forward, I offered people on here the opportunity to purchase the tickets from me under the same terms that I get tickets for other people. No-one that gets tickets from me has any problem with my terms - I'm sorry if you do. If I don't sell them, I'll return them to the FAI, but I was offering people on this forum the opportunity before doing this.

However, to call be a tout is way out of order. You don't know who I am, you have never met me and you have never dealt with me. Yes, I have had spare tickets for some home games in the past, however the tickets were all fully paid for at the start of a qualfying campaign by the people who have tickets block booked from me. However, for some of the games they inform me that they can't travel to a particular game (in a lot of cases due to work committments) and ask if I know anyone who is looking for a ticket. If that is the case, I post on here that I have a ticket available. If I can sell the ticket, the person gets their money back - if not, that is their tough luck and they have to deal with the loss - which has happened on a few occassions. I'd like to think that by offering them on here, I have given supporters that want tickets the opportunity to buy them. I have never sold tickets to a tout - they are the scum of the earth - and have never once sold a ticket, or attempted to sell a ticket above face value. Your comments quick frankly, sicken me.

Finally, when I started this topic, I asked the moderators to delete it if they thought what I was doing was wrong. They didn't.

Greenforever
14/09/2008, 9:41 PM
Same instance here. For a personal reason (which I am certainly not going to explain to you on a public forum) the person who has block booked these tickets off me for years said that he couldn't take them off me going forward,

I accept what you say but you did make clear that the tickets were only for this campaign, and therefore the assumtion is that someone will keep this block booking alive for someone else to get the tickets going forward.

I'll accept that I don't know you and you could be the most genuine person going, but I still believe the tickets should be transferred to another person permanently.

I also am very certain that if the person who can not use them has genuine reasons for this, were to inform the ticket office when surrendering the tickets they would be given priority when he or she were in a postition to go to matches again. If you want contact details in the FAI ticket office PM me and I will give you them.

I also do note that you are very involved with Finn Harps and I applaud you for that.

Greenforever
14/09/2008, 9:42 PM
Simple way to solve this. All block bookings broken down to one per person. If you have eight, offer you the chance to transfer the name of the person you normally give the ticket to on to a new block booking number. 1 ticket, 1 person. Easy really. Cuts out any scenario where somebody has the power to do what he wants with 8 tickets. Will reduce touting and probably free up alot of space on the block booking list for people who want to go to every game.

This is probably on the way now similar to the details required for away matches, and I would be 100% behind it.

Newryrep
15/09/2008, 9:44 AM
This is probably on the way now similar to the details required for away matches, and I would be 100% behind it.

Greenforever unless you have inside information i doubt very much it is on the way as it would probably triple postage costs at a time when everybody else is trying to cut costs.

Greenforever
15/09/2008, 9:03 PM
Greenforever unless you have inside information i doubt very much it is on the way as it would probably triple postage costs at a time when everybody else is trying to cut costs.

I doubt if they will post out tickets individually but would not be surprised if you had to provide details of who each ticket was for. It would be a big job to do the first time, but after that it would be just running off tickets preaddressed etc.

pineapple stu
16/09/2008, 11:18 AM
This is Ticket Touting
It clearly isn't. Can you drop this now and stop clogging up the thread?

The tickets are being offered at face value, so there's no problems. I've no problems with "his rules" either, which appear purely to be a case of getting the money in up front and not being stung. Any more whining about it goes straight to the bin, along with what's already here.