PDA

View Full Version : Father Damien Karras

Salmon Coloured
11/09/2008, 4:31 PM
What about this lad for a supporting role with Vinny Perth? Seems good in tough situations & took no crap from the evil spirit Pazuzu. If this bringer of Faith cant lift spirits at the Flansiro then knowone can. Pay no attention to the fact that he was a fictional character. Any takers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Karras

Rocky77
11/09/2008, 7:22 PM
An excellent choice but I'm somewhat put off by the fact that he died at the end of Exorcist III. Great scene that - 'I believe in death, I believe in disease... I believe in you'. Fabulous

Salmon Coloured
11/09/2008, 8:39 PM
At age 34 I have no qualms in telling you that I am still scared to watch the Exorcist. Ive seen clips of it & the very thought still shakes me to the core.
Anyway Father Karris has some benefits,

Could teach our players to be very effective with crosses,
Willing to sacrifice himself for the cause,
Good experience in 2 on 1 situations at critical times,
He's been spat at & turned the other cheek so good discipline which help with suspensions,
Actually he was good with suspensions too, you may remember the girl over the bed malarky,

All in all lets at least have a chat with him. This could be a runner folks. Any others with suggestions for the Karrismeister? Possibly a Sean Prunty/Karris combo in the wings to support Vinny?
I dont know about you but things are turning positive. Positive indeed.