PDA

View Full Version : The S-Final countdown starts here

martinho
27/09/2003, 4:19 PM
Lads is many of ye Galway lads coming down to Flancare and where will ye be all drinking? Will ye all be in town early?

alanb
28/09/2003, 10:03 PM
i'm flying in from london friday.... i hope there's bloody tickets left when i get there or i'll not be happy!!!

JC_GUFC
29/09/2003, 1:43 PM
Yeah there should be over 1000 of us at the game (there were about 750 in Sligo for the quarter final and it's the same distance).

Not sure where we're going beforehand - do you advise anywhere?

I hope that ***** of a steward Considine is gone - it's a bit ridiculous when the only trouble at any match between the clubs is between fans and stewards!!! :confused:

Anyway it should be a good game, we're finally on a bit of good form, scoring lots of goals and worryingly for you Barry Moran who had hardly scored all season and was way down on confidence has scored in his last 2 games, while Alan Murphy has scored in about 5 games in a row!

I honestly feel we're going to win - before our most recent semis at home against Harps in '99 and Shels in '00 I didn't think we'd beat them but before the draw my choice was away against Longford so let's hope it proves to be a good one! :)

CU
JC

Longfordian
29/09/2003, 3:39 PM
Aye Mr Considine is no longer on the scene. Hasn't been any trouble with the stewards this season really..If we play the way we played in drogheda we stand a good chance of the win but the cup is the cup. Beware of Seanie Francis..Barrett could be back too which woudn't be good news for ye..Im sure Alan Matthews is well aware of the threat Alan Murphy poses, he couldn't but be the amount of goals he's got this season.

JC_GUFC
30/09/2003, 1:49 PM
always scores against us, even when he was at Cobh!

Hopefully Barrett isn't fully fit as he seems to have been having a great season, apart from them and Alan Kirby I wouldn't be too worried about any of your players - am I right in thinking that both Barry Ferugson and Eric are suspended?

For us Foley obviously doesn't play and Tony Folan is suspended but I think everyone else is available.

Looking forward to it! :)

CU
JC

Longfordian
30/09/2003, 6:27 PM
Yup the two boys are suspended,Darragh is injured, probably just as well as he'd be laible to get himself sent off he'd be so wound up.. but we have good cover in Gartland/ Paisley for Barry. Liam Kelly can come in up front too..A lot stronger team than when we last met..