PDA

View Full Version : Galway QF

superfrank
11/09/2008, 3:29 PM
What do yez think?

Could we be in our second semi in four years?

I think we can do it. No Duggan, but I think we can cover that Doherty should be in the side tomorrow so the team will be a lot stronger. Maybe Skippy will be back?

We should win this game. Galway are without four key players. I think we have enough to win it.

Seagull
11/09/2008, 4:12 PM
What do yez think?

Could we be in our second semi in four years?

I think we can do it. No Duggan, but I think we can cover that Doherty should be in the side tomorrow so the team will be a lot stronger. Maybe Skippy will be back?

We should win this game. Galway are without four key players. I think we have enough to win it.

Replay, I reckon. Fancy us at the Carlisle.

Paddyfield
11/09/2008, 9:54 PM
Game is live on TG4.

Replay isn't;)

dublinwanderer
15/09/2008, 10:29 AM
hope we get a big crowd out for the reply. i'd ay there was about 2000 at the wayside game yesterday so surely we can get at least a 1000..... - even though bohs prob had 1500 of the 2000!!!!

gufcfan
16/09/2008, 6:25 PM
Match updates for tonight's Ford FAI Cup clash between Bray Wanderers and Galway United will be available courtesy of the Galway United Supporters Trust (http://www.galwayunitedfc.net/)

They can be found here (http://www.galwayunitedfc.net/matchday.php).

bray boy
16/09/2008, 8:51 PM
thats this season over

dublinwanderer
16/09/2008, 9:14 PM
absolute joke of a match. performance was diabolical. eddie got his tactics well wrong, thats if he had any.... but a lot has to be said about the team performance. were they even motivated for it? it didnt look like it. quarter final of the cup and you can't even get motivated absolute shocking. some of the players really need to have a long look at themselves after that performance. absolutly pathetic.

at this stage i ask myself why do i bother travelling to every game home and away??? is it worth it? performances like that? - i do it cause i love it too much...

lets hope friday is an improvement. if there is another performance like that on friday, i can see us conceeding alot of goals.....

:mad::mad:

naoise kennedy
16/09/2008, 9:26 PM
totally agree, cawley gave the ball away much too often again. eddie was rightly ****ed with him after first goal, cawley was having a go at one of the defenders and eddie got robson ready straight away for sub. nobody got stuck in except duggan and robson, nobody was motivated no plan.. a few nice touches from myler, nearly got a goal out of it.. we should have known after five minutes when gough made two good saves, galway wanted to win, they knew they were in a quarter final we did'nt.. rowe did'nt do much again, paddy was also very quiet... lets blame the rain..

thedoyler
16/09/2008, 10:10 PM
Diabolical, no passion no aggression. Galway well organised and well drilled nothing more than that. Feel sorry for the fans and the people behind the scenes at the club who put in a lot of work. Players just dont seem to care. No ambition. All the talk was of 'oh sure we'll probably get knocked out in the semis by bohs or pats etc'. No one thinking oh if we get through big money from tv prize money etc for our terms anyway and i think that attitude shone through.

Claret Murph
17/09/2008, 8:39 AM
Hey I would swap our league position for yours , look on the bright side lads ..

Bray Head
17/09/2008, 8:40 AM
Hey I would swap our league position for yours , look on the bright side lads ..

How are Galway so far behind us in the league ?. You've beaten us 3 times this season and we were very lucky to win 3-2 in the first game in Galway

lowflyingseagul
17/09/2008, 9:39 AM
utter rubbish, eddie was shown up tactically, when you are 2-0 down you've got to throw a few more bodies up front, not take off attackers

connaman
17/09/2008, 9:41 AM
Never mind how are Galway so far behind us in the league i cant understand how we won any matches the way we have been playing most of the season, and i was at a few of those lucky 1-0 wins. The team seems to lack any leadership on the pitch and it would be hard to pick a player of the year at this stage( maybe Cronin or Gough ), Last night was probably the worst performance of a very bad season and where are all the fans gone i reckon there was maybe 400-500 which is pretty bad for a cup1/4 final.:confused:

Claret Murph
17/09/2008, 10:41 AM
How are Galway so far behind us in the league ?. You've beaten us 3 times this season and we were very lucky to win 3-2 in the first game in Galway

You have only seen us playing well , without doubt some of our preformances have been the pits but as for you the 4 wins in a row at the start of the season did you all a power of good .

SSwanderer
17/09/2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats to Galway last nite, we were beyond words brutal, but they wanted it, so fair play to them. Providing Sporting Fingal dont win it(!!!) I'll personally be rooting for Kenna's boys.

BrayUnknowns
17/09/2008, 11:39 AM
Putting how very very poor we were last night aside, Galway absolutely destryoed us from start to finish. They were superb and looked like a team full of confidence. Everything they did came off for them, their passing was excellent and they played as a team.

Jay O'Shea was MOTM by a mile, he ran the show from start to finish. To put in such a fantastic preformance and then be booed when he was leaving the picth was dissapointing to hear IMO. If Galway do gown down, i'd love to see him come back to the Carlisle next season but i reckon the so-called bigger clubs will be knocking on his door.

It's strange, i think Galway have kept their best preformances for us this season because other than our games they have been quite poor in the League and are quite rightly rooted to the bottom of the table.

As someone else said, if Sporting don't win it (which i'd like to see being pretty much our team from last season :D) i'd like to see Galway win it.

I think our MOTM (if there was such a thing!) was Pender. he was the only one with a bit of passion, defended well and got forward when he could. By far our most consistant player this season and if he doesn't win the Player of the Season it will be a joke.

The season is pretty much over for us now, were safe in the League and out of both cups. Nothing much left to play for but which mid-table position we end up in. The aim at the start of the season was to survive with 3 teams going down, we have done that very comfortably and we made it to the 1/4s of both cups. Probably a lot more than most people would have expected at the start of the season, but in saying that it's dissapointing in the manner in which we went out of both cups without a fight.

Time to start planning for next season for Eddie and his management team...

superfrank
17/09/2008, 12:28 PM
This is pretty much our season over now. There is no bright side.

where are all the fans gone i reckon there was maybe 400-500 which is pretty bad for a cup1/4 final.:confused:
Champion's League night, bad weather all day long. Not surprised the attendance was so low.

Jay O'Shea was MOTM by a mile, he ran the show from start to finish. To put in such a fantastic preformance and then be booed when he was leaving the picth was dissapointing to hear IMO. If Galway do gown down, i'd love to see him come back to the Carlisle next season but i reckon the so-called bigger clubs will be knocking on his door.

Same here. I think he'd be a great addition to the side. I think he's showing how good he can be when he gets a decent run in the side. Anytime I've seen Galway this season, he's been one of their best players. Eddie should swallo his pride and bring him back. Caffo's not even here anymore, FFS.

I am still deeply frustrated and disappointed by last night's performance. Long balls over the top weren't finding anybody, even medium range passes were going astray. There was no real urgency about the play. Rogers didn't have to work to make his saves, they were all straight at him. Galway were a million miles better and fair play to them for reaching the semis but I'm still wondering where the hell was the Bray team? Why couldn't they be arsed fr a cup quarter final? :mad:

What do people think about Cawley now? He has been playing poorly for ages, even though he's shown a bit of spark in the last two games. Then last night, he doesn't track back, Galway score (not entirely his fault) and he gets in a shouting match with Cronin. Ray Kenny and the ref had to separate them and then Cawley's subbed at half-time. If the captain can't keep his cool or put in some effort, he shouldn't be captain, IMO.

mightyseagull
17/09/2008, 12:33 PM
Lads jay is going over to leeds for trials after our irish season so cant see him back at bray

GuisaSaigon
17/09/2008, 1:03 PM
Lads jay is going over to leeds for trials after our irish season so cant see him back at bray

He's under contract with Galway United until the end of next season so he wont be going anywhere without a few quid. He has been outstanding for us this season so I'd say it will take a decent offer for us to sell him.

Terry-Lander
17/09/2008, 2:46 PM
He's under contract with Galway United until the end of next season so he wont be going anywhere without a few quid. He has been outstanding for us this season so I'd say it will take a decent offer for us to sell him.

I'd love to think that he will command decent money but will the club be able, financially, to turn down any offer?

bray boy
17/09/2008, 2:49 PM
holy mother of god

just watched the highlights of the game there on youtube

take away the na fanaithe lads there was about fifty in the tent :eek:

no excuses that it was a tuesday blah blah blah obviously something is wrong

granted that yes the football is usually ****e its embarrassing how little we're getting now

if this keeps going we're going to be like ucd

heres the link have a look its sickening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY-jpMr2bD8

naoise kennedy
17/09/2008, 7:47 PM
What do people think about Cawley now? He has been playing poorly for ages, even though he's shown a bit of spark in the last two games. Then last night, he doesn't track back, Galway score (not entirely his fault) and he gets in a shouting match with Cronin. Ray Kenny and the ref had to separate them and then Cawley's subbed at half-time. If the captain can't keep his cool or put in some effort, he shouldn't be captain, IMO.[/quote]

i would be very surprised to see cawley on the team this friday,and not at all surprised if he does'nt plays again,, eddie was really ****ed with him last night.. last night robson came on got stuck in and made tackles, cawley can't do this..

Stevo Da Gull
17/09/2008, 10:26 PM
While I don't think that Alan is captain material and could be better when not in possession, I definitely hope that he's still here next year.
If not for him we wouldn't have gotten a replay, he was our creative force in Galway and this is what he is capable of, granted that he hasn't done it as often as he would've liked this season but I think he's definitely good to have. He's sort of like a midfield version of Zayed.

naoise kennedy
18/09/2008, 7:26 AM
While I don't think that Alan is captain material and could be better when not in possession, I definitely hope that he's still here next year.
If not for him we wouldn't have gotten a replay, he was our creative force in Galway and this is what he is capable of, granted that he hasn't done it as often as he would've liked this season but I think he's definitely good to have. He's sort of like a midfield version of Zayed.

i don't think alan will be in fridays squad because of the incident on tuesday, yes he has the potential for the defense splitting pass and he is our creatve person which has not happened too often this season.. imo himself and gavin in midfield does not work, one is taking off the other, alan on his own might be better..

Seagull
18/09/2008, 3:44 PM

Hope they get shot of the waste of space, his attitude sucks...