PDA

View Full Version : John Meade resigns

rambler14
11/09/2008, 1:23 PM
For those of you who didn't hear on 96fm.................

Chairman of the finance commitee and club trustee John Meade has resigned with immediate affect. He has resigned because of the constant refusal by our club chairman to allow a finance information meeting for all club members.
This is a real shame and it's an absolute outrage that a club stalwart like John has had to go under these terms.

This week alone i've heard that the club won't make it past Friday!:(
and
When speaking to one of my friends about the John Meade situation I was told that in the last few days our chairman has met with a potential investor........a certain Danny Drew!:mad:
If that gangster comes near our club then i'm out! I won't renew my season ticket and i'll basically give up on going to games because I have no interest in seeing our club run into the ground.

I'm going to end this post by speaking from the heart:
I would like to thank John Meade from the bottom of my heart for his 50 years of service to our club and as I said i'm gutted he's had to leave on these terms.
Having voted in favour of our current chairman at the recent EGM, I am now regretting my decision along with numerous other club members that I have spoken to in recent weeks.
Purely because he seems to be lying to us about our current debt and I can't help but think he's hiding something with his constant refusal to allow a finance information meeting.

I'll end with a message to Danny Drew...............Feck Off!

dahamsta
11/09/2008, 2:07 PM
He has resigned because of the constant refusal by our club chairman to allow a finance information meeting for all club members.Is this is stated reason for resignation or speculation. If stated, please cite; if speculation, please withdraw.

rambler14
11/09/2008, 2:11 PM
Is this is stated reason for resignation or speculation. If stated, please cite; if speculation, please withdraw.

I cited! Did ya not see the first sentence:

The word constant was the word used in the news report to the describe the resignation. 2 meetings cancelled in 2 weeks would prove that point anyway!

Rovers1
11/09/2008, 3:25 PM
thats a bliddy disgrace!
Your chariman sounds like a real "in it for himself" so and so. (we have a few up here ;))
Has he given a reason why he wont let the meeting go ahead?

The whole thing with Drew, maybe in Cobhs situation beggers cant be choosers???

bellavistaman
11/09/2008, 4:50 PM

Chairman of the finance commitee and club trustee John Meade has resigned with immediate affect. He has resigned because of the constant refusal by our club chairman to allow a finance information meeting for all club members.
This is a real shame and it's an absolute outrage that a club stalwart like John has had to go under these terms.

This week alone i've heard that the club won't make it past Friday!
and
When speaking to one of my friends about the John Meade situation I was told that in the last few days our chairman has met with a potential investor........a certain Danny Drew!:mad:
If that gangster comes near our club then i'm out! I won't renew my season ticket and i'll basically give up on going to games because I have no interest in seeing our club run into the ground.

I'm going to end this post by speaking from the heart:
I would like to thank John Meade from the bottom of my heart for his 50 years of service to our club and as I said i'm gutted he's had to leave on these terms.
Having voted in favour of our current chairman at the recent EGM, I am now regretting my decision along with numerous other club members that I have spoken to in recent weeks.
Purely because he seems to be lying to us about our current debt and I can't help but think he's hiding something with his constant refusal to allow a finance information meeting.

I'll end with a message to Danny Drew...............Feck Off!

We had about 40 finance meetings in past few months.We had one only 3 weeks ago, what do you want a daily meeting of the members where we do nothing only abuse each other and achieve **** all.

Take it easy on the romancing bit, nobody died man, message from the heart, whats that all about?

It is disapointing to hear about this but its far from the end of the world.

What interests me most is "your friends" you have more information about the club than John Meade himself, this meeting you asked me was i attending tuesday, heard about that, but no, i wasn't invited.. :D:D

The whole thing with Drew, maybe in Cobhs situation beggers cant be choosers???

My thoughts exactly id give him a chance no bother see what offer, if any he would put in place. Was talking to people earlier on the subject of people coming in, not Drew not but in general, na dthe main thing would be beofre anything is signed to let the members know the full extent of the deal, maybe a photocopy of the contract even. Although saying that i don't think that anybody is willin to buy stakes in our club. I can however say for a fact, that Danny Drew has not made any offers to buy our club, FACT, and i'll repeat he has not made any offers to buy or run the club.

luka
11/09/2008, 4:52 PM
When speaking to one of my friends about the John Meade situation I was told that in the last few days our chairman has met with a potential investor........a certain Danny Drew!

Incorrect R14..........very much incorrect. Mr Drew made a very sincere gesture to the club, and this part is just for you and the doubters out there 'with absolutely no strings attached'. He was never in line to be an investor and never wanted to be one. The gesture that was made by Mr.Drew would see the club being able to continue Premier League football to the end of the season at least and probably into next season. That would be, you club. Our Club. The club you go on about loving so much yet when we see a potential lifeline you have to knock it. FFS man. Mr. Drew should be applauded for his gesture.

I'll end with saying 'Thank You Kindly Danny Drew'. If only there were more like you.

bellavistaman
11/09/2008, 5:02 PM
Incorrect R14..........very much incorrect. Mr Drew made a very sincere gesture to the club, and this part is just for you and the doubters out there 'with absolutely no strings attached'. He was never in line to be an investor and never wanted to be one. The gesture that was made by Mr.Drew would see the club being able to continue Premier League football to the end of the season at least and probably into next season. That would be, you club. Our Club. The club you go on about loving so much yet when we see a potential lifeline you have to knock it. FFS man. Mr. Drew should be applauded for his gesture.

I'll end with saying 'Thank You Kindly Danny Drew'. If only there were more like you.

Couldnt agree with you anymore on this one Luka.

dahamsta
11/09/2008, 5:12 PM
I cited! Did ya not see the first sentence:It wasn't clear if he cited the reason on the radio. Thanks for clarifying.

bellavistaman
11/09/2008, 6:22 PM
i also think john meade would not appreciate having a thread on this either.

marty
11/09/2008, 6:36 PM
Losing someone like him is a nightmare in our current position,clearly ppl are not prepared to work with the chairman as it is.Your not alone R14 change is needed but it may be too late come seasons end we are in a far bigger mess than first thought and another meeting was preposed to let members know the full extent of debt,unfortunatly this was denied and as it is there will be lots of rumors dont believe them all lets get to the city game and see if we can make a substancial profit!!!

don ramo
11/09/2008, 7:06 PM
its sad that such an unbelievable club servant has left due to problems, but i can understand where barry is coming from, the more info you give the more fuel your feeding the fire, last meeting the information didnt stay within the membership someone went off and told spilliane,

ramblers is a company, a privately owned company, and shouldnt have it finanacial information available to any joe soap, after every meetin the whole town knows within 2 hours and get a good laugh off it,

fair dues to barry runing ramblers like any other businessman would run there company,

sorry to see john go and hope he will still be helping out the club in other aspects

the sub
11/09/2008, 8:02 PM

If your saying a business man with with no other reason other than support the club is willing to put money in to save it .. grab it with both hands .. and i do know about limerick

Inside Out
12/09/2008, 12:02 AM
Is he the only one that has resigned ?
["Heard today" doesn't cut it. Post references, not rumours. --adam]
How many secretaries, treasurers, comittee members have all resigned in our Chairmans reign.Come on lads wake up.Was the last financial comittee set up so they could review the clubs financial situation.They try to do this and report back to members and then our Chairman stops it.This man is in this club for only one thing and that is himself.Remember it was agreeded at meeting that the finance committe would report back to members and by the chairman refusing this he is giving every member who agreed this two fingers lads.

luka
12/09/2008, 4:00 AM
["Heard today" doesn't cut it. Post references, not rumours. --adam]

Here's a better one...........'Post Nothing'. Let the internal process sort itself, which it will do, and FFS stop filling the hardcopy Media pages. One week we're all thickos, the next minute we're cream of the crop when there's something there that could bring the club down. FFS wise up everyone. I hate double standards. I've no more to say on this particular subject until this childish mess is all sorted out.

offside rule
12/09/2008, 9:08 AM
Bella,
we're all well aware that nobody died here!, no need for you to be so smart, cynical and ruthless with your post, regarding R14's message of appreciation to someone for their service to our club.
If anybody/member wants to make a gesture/message(from the heart or not) of appreciation for the service carried out by someone to the club - they should be free to do so, without being jumped on by you!!!.
Not alone is making an appreciation to any Tom,Dick or Harry - but its an appreciation to John Meade, a man who has given over 50 years(yes, F-I-F-T-Y YEARS) service to our club. In my opinion this man should be given a medal for what he's done.
Bella, I also noticed on your 3 recent posts to this thread - you didnt take time out to recognise the man for what he's done for Cobh Ramblers Football Club!.

But a short while back, the week prior to the vote of no confidence in the Chairman, you along with others were pouring your heartfelt emotions out for the Chairmans position. Christ ye built the man up like he was some kind of God/Saviour/Hero and had him up on some pedastal!!!.

One thing I do agree with you on is ... from my time of knowing John Meade and from being around him up in the club and knowing the mans pride, yes he ''would not appreciate having a thread on this either''.
Then I think/propose, that we should carry on this thread with messages of appreciation to John Meade or start another thread with only messages of thanks!.
(Perhaps Bella might want tro write a message of thanks!)

Of this topic, it seems to me people seem to be coping onto Mr. Chairman and support for him seems to be waning!!!!
Ref: R14 -''Having voted in favour of our current chairman at the recent EGM, I am now regretting my decision along with numerous other club members that I have spoken to in recent weeks. Purely because he seems to be lying to us about our current debt and I can't help but think he's hiding something with his constant refusal to allow a finance information meeting'',
and Inside-Out - ''How many secretaries, treasurers, comittee members have all resigned in our Chairmans reign.Come on lads wake up.Was the last financial comittee set up so they could review the clubs financial situation.They try to do this and report back to members and then our Chairman stops it.This man is in this club for only one thing and that is himself.Remember it was agreeded at meeting that the finance committe would report back to members and by the chairman refusing this he is giving every member who agreed this two fingers lads''.

Finally, can I finish this message by thanking John Meade for the excellent service he has given Cobh Ramblers Football Club - its an awful pity, if the club get through this uncertain patch that John wont be there(when/if the club comes out rosey), cos the man lives and breaths Cobh Ramblers and he's been there through thick and thin (more thick than thin recently).

Thanks John for your service. :)

Inside Out
12/09/2008, 9:12 AM
For the good of the CLUB I agree

MainManRam
12/09/2008, 4:51 PM
Thanks John for every thing. Knowing you as long as I do and the effort you have always put into this club I know this must be hard for you and I am sure the resignation came with only the best interests of the club at heart.

You were, and always will be, a great servant to the club.
Best of luck for the future.

ramblersfan
12/09/2008, 11:09 PM
thanks for everything you have done for cobh ramblers over the years, people need to take a long hard look at why you had to part ways whit the club . we cant aford to have people like you no longer looking out for the good of the club, thanks agen john for all the hard work you put in over the years.

ramladies
13/09/2008, 2:55 AM
John nothing but praise can be given for the time and effort you put into the club and not just the senior team every team involved with the ramblers you tried to be involved in and tried to help in some little way. it was greatly appreciated esp from the ladies team, the effort you put in to support us and get us the things we needed was greatly appreciated and did not go unnoticed. Ramblers truly has lost a legend and a servant who woulda been there to the end if all comes to all, tho im sure he still will be in his heart.

bellavistaman
13/09/2008, 2:30 PM
Obviously i'd have nothing but praise for the man, but wanting to put a bit of control on the situation. He has done amazing work over the years for the club, and i stated in recent posts that i am very impressed wit how he handles meetings and speakes. But r14's ****e about mr drew is what triggered me off, nothing to do with john meade, never have and never will say a bad word bout him.

sadloserkid
13/09/2008, 3:34 PM
I'd be seriously worried to see Drew involved with Limerick again personally. Not doubting the man's enthusiasm or passion but...

Oh and by the by Jebus and I are now the mods of this forum too. So play nicely.