PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Away Support Ever?

Peadar
26/09/2003, 3:45 PM
Are we in line to have the biggest "Away" support ever in the league when we play Rovers on Saturday?
Hope the game is well advertised?

pete
26/09/2003, 4:12 PM
The novelty factor may boost the attendance a bit.

Since almost ever dublin club has hosted Rovers home games from time to time i thinkwe on a level playing pitch on the away support point.

ger121
26/09/2003, 4:15 PM
Or how about the fact that the away support will out number the home support by about 20-1:D could that be a record?

niamh
26/09/2003, 4:58 PM
Is fine to laugh about but does it mean Rovers get the home gate? I hope Brian will be counting the punters as they go in the door!! I take it they are bringing their own event co-ordinator as well. Does that mean City fans can invade the pitch and get Rovers fined??? :D

Cityace
26/09/2003, 7:05 PM
Who are they paying for the use of the ground?

Ruairi
26/09/2003, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Does that mean City fans can invade the pitch and get Rovers fined??? :D

LOL, maybe we can use a flare too! :D

Cityace, they're hiring the ground off the MFA

SÓC
26/09/2003, 11:29 PM
They are actually dealing with City rather than the MFA because City will be running the game as a Cork City home game, on the Rovers board there is talk that we'll get half the gate.

It would be too hard for Rovers to hire off the MFA and bring down all their own security etc.

niamh
27/09/2003, 12:23 PM
I thought it was them officially at home? They are doing their own programme right and having their own people at the gate. So is there Cork security? Confusion reigns.

It would make sense instead of paying security to travel from Dublin. They paying enough in constant homeless expenses.

Ruairi
27/09/2003, 2:01 PM
According to Lennox in the Echo the gate will be split 50/50, with City providing security and covering Rovers' travel and meal costs (why?), and Rovers supplying their own programme (ain't that nice of 'em)... and that's all rovers have to do...

The Donie Forde
27/09/2003, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
According to Lennox in the Echo the gate will be split 50/50, with City providing security and covering Rovers' travel and meal costs (why?), and Rovers supplying their own programme (ain't that nice of 'em)... and that's all rovers have to do...

Well, getting 50% of an 'away' gate ain't to be sniffed at :D

Donie

pete
29/09/2003, 9:02 AM
Rovers did sell their own programme.
Ticket prices were the same as at city home games.
"Security" was provided by Rovers - seemed to be too few of them to deal with any situations anyway 7 they not want to tackle the 'locals'.

Cityace
29/09/2003, 9:17 AM
All the city stewards were down by the shed. didnt see any of the scum's security.

pete
29/09/2003, 9:30 AM
Originally posted by Cityace
All the city stewards were down by the shed. didnt see any of the scum's security.

Maybe i just assumed they dubliners cos of the orange jackets. Apologies to all.