PDA

View Full Version : Kerr is a busy man

ger121
26/09/2003, 3:45 PM
I see in an article on the FAI website that Kerr has been to 12 games since the Turkey game. He says "Some have been in the eircom League but most have been in England".Wonder who he was looking at in the Eircom League. Hopefully Crowe??

He was having a look at Connolly playing for West Ham. Possibly might start with him upfront with Keane. Also in the article Kerr was talking to Breen and he was saying that Breen could play against Reading this weekend.

On another note does anyone think that we should play an attacking formation against the swiss as we really need to win. Better to risk things at the back than restrict us upfront!!

Slash/ED
26/09/2003, 3:53 PM
I doubt he's be looking too much at Crowe, he knows all about him. Byrne or O'Flynn maybe? Hunts declared he wants to play for us and will be able to after christmas apparently, Kerrs a big fan, so maybe him too.

pete
26/09/2003, 4:14 PM
I presume you mean an attacking 4-4-2 lineup? Think Keer will start with that & can move Duff to freerole or up front as required.

I think Kerr mainly goes to eL games as thats his backround & he just likes going to games.

NigeSausagepump
27/09/2003, 11:03 AM
Apparently he was scoping out Graham Kavanagh in the Cardiff-Hammers game midweek and is rumoured to have been well impressed by him. He certainly can't but be an improvement on Carsley & Kinsella IMHO, but at 29 he's hardly one for the future.

tricky_colour
28/09/2003, 12:15 AM
Well if Kerr is looking in the Eirecom league he must be nuts in
my opinion.
If you are good enough to play international football you would be earning big bucks in the English Premier league, unless you are nuts.
If he is looking for players there it is a very bad sign in my opinion,
and it would call into question his suitability as the national team
manager.

I have just got back from the pub :rolleyes:

Am I making any sense?

SÓC
28/09/2003, 3:13 AM
Are you making any sense?

No.

We wouldnt have enough players to field a first eleven if we picked a team the way you want boy. Exactly how much did you have to drink tonight?

Players like George O'Callaghan, John O'Flynn and to a lesser extent Glen Crowe and Jason Byrne deserve their chance with the national team simply because they are as good as if not better than the other options we have, doesnt matter if they play for Inter Milian or Inter Cardiff, if you are good enough you should have the chance to prove yourself.

Bluebeard
29/09/2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
Apparently he was scoping out Graham Kavanagh in the Cardiff-Hammers game midweek and is rumoured to have been well impressed by him. He certainly can't but be an improvement on Carsley & Kinsella IMHO, but at 29 he's hardly one for the future.

Well in fairness, Carsley is hardly one for the present.

sadloserkid
29/09/2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Players like George O'Callaghan, John O'Flynn and to a lesser extent Glen Crowe and Jason Byrne

I really, really hope that's tongue in cheek... :rolleyes:

Xlex
29/09/2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Players like George O'Callaghan, John O'Flynn and to a lesser extent Glen Crowe and Jason Byrne deserve their chance with the national team simply because they are as good as if not better than the other options we have, doesnt matter if they play for Inter Milian or Inter Cardiff, if you are good enough you should have the chance to prove yourself.

it's that sort of boll!x which makes us a laughing stock!! I have a mate who ghosts onto this site and the amount of stick I get because of ****e like that is embarrassing...

liamon
29/09/2003, 3:43 PM
Exactly..
SOCCFC completely forgot to mention Kevin Doyle, Hoggy, Osam and my Aunt Mary.

I think the argument for their inclusion rests around concepts such as "Carsley gets a game". THis is more a reflection of the insanity of playing Carsley than a convincing argument to include any LoI player.

While I don't doubt that George and John O'Flynn are exceptional players, I don't think they are as good as Robbie Keane, Duff, etc. In a few years, O'Flynn might be up there, but not yet.

ger121
30/09/2003, 3:50 PM
Does anyone know when Kerr is going to anounce the squad for the Swiss game. Is it next Monday??

Slash/ED
30/09/2003, 3:51 PM
It's usually towards the end of the week I think.

ger121
01/10/2003, 12:00 AM
Brian Kerr is to announce the squad on Thursday afternoon.Should be interesting!!! Wonder will Millar make it into the squad had a good game tonight for Celtic.

John83
01/10/2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ger121
Brian Kerr is to announce the squad on Thursday afternoon.Should be interesting!!! Wonder will Millar make it into the squad had a good game tonight for Celtic.

Didn't see the game, but I caught the goal. I hope he makes the squad. I know I'd like to have the option of throwing him on if we were trailing in Switzerland.

He's scored a couple in the CL, a late equaliser (or winner?) against Arsenal, and a couple of others. He might just be on form, but hell, we could use a player like that.