PDA

View Full Version : Rovers fans on Saturday

Colm
25/09/2003, 8:02 PM
You would think that with the game being on a saturday Rovers would bring down at least 500 fans.
However, this may not be the case. Some posts over on the Ultras board suggest that there will be less than 150 of them travelling. The Hoops SC can't even get the numbers to fill a bus at the moment.
They have only a few trips out of the Pale every season and yet, despite it being a Saturday game, they can't bring a decent away support. I can't understand how they can constantly critisise our away support when it is, in fact, far better than theirs.

I suppose the less of them that travel, the less trouble they'll cause anyway.

thecorner
25/09/2003, 8:45 PM
cant seem to access ultras website:(

niamh
25/09/2003, 9:11 PM
Hmmm....their support never quite lives up to its claims. It is probably best that fewer travel anyway.

BohsLhad
26/09/2003, 1:21 AM
Originally posted by Colm
I suppose the less of them that travel, the less trouble they'll cause anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was trouble,it only takes a few scum bags.:mad:

A face
26/09/2003, 3:10 AM
In fairness .... I think Rovers realise the seriousness of the situation and wont be involved in any trouble. I'd hate to see any trouble anyway. There are only 14 games left this season and they are packed into 2 months. No club has time for any extra "trouble" on their plate so i hope everyone sees sense and nothing happens.

thecorner
26/09/2003, 3:55 AM
Originally posted by A face
In fairness .... I think Rovers realise the seriousness of the situation and wont be involved in any trouble.

sorry to disagree but these people that start the trouble are animals and couldnt give 2 sh!ts about the situation

Ultan
26/09/2003, 7:25 AM
Is that all you people are concerned with - how many away fans are going to make the journey to The Cross? Don't you have a football team to be worried about?

Bionic Brennie
26/09/2003, 8:36 AM
Ultan, what are you doing reading footy sites at half eight in the morning? Don't you have a job to go to?

liamon
26/09/2003, 8:52 AM
Originally posted by Colm
...., they can't bring a decent away support. ...
Just to be accurate:
Isn't it a home game for them?
Oh that's right, they don't have a home.

"Homeless, Homeless, Homeless, homeless hoops
Homeless, Homeless, Homeless, homeless hoops..."

I think Rovers realise the seriousness of the situation

I don't think those animals give a damn. They persistently cause problems and won't stop because of this.:(

opplock
26/09/2003, 12:57 PM
The Scum visit will bring a new slant to the chant "You're supposed to be at home!"

Ultan
30/09/2003, 7:14 AM
Originally posted by Bionic Brennie
Ultan, what are you doing reading footy sites at half eight in the morning? Don't you have a job to go to? Not that it matters a toss but I usually start work sometime between 7:30 and 8.

Actually, I take that back. I usually show up for work at that time, I start a bit later...:D

Troy.McClure
30/09/2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Bionic Brennie
Ultan, what are you doing reading footy sites at half eight in the morning? Don't you have a job to go to?

Take a look at thecorners time when he posted his! Do ya ever get to bed like? :eek:

Hoopie
30/09/2003, 12:53 PM
Ya Stupid ******S

The REAL Rovers fans do care bout the trouble that is hurting our club. I'm proud to be a Rovers fan but its d stupid *******s that ruin it for us(and it is only a small number of idiots). i dont want to see this GREAT club go out of business

i wish i could have gone down to cork...but i wasnt able to make it and congrads to all the rovers fans who did travel down.

And your fans arent so perfect.....
1.ye only bring up a few hundred to dublin when ye play us

2.i saw a picture of your fans wit a banner saying "reynolds, rot in hell",whats the point...we dont have a banner saying"billy woods, rot in hell"

3.DONT PAINT ALL ROVERS FANS WITH THE ONE BRUSH.
__________________________________________________ __

Shamrock Rovers Football Club

15 FAI Leagues
24 FAI Cups

The Most Successfull Team in Irish football

curts82
30/09/2003, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by Hoopie

2.i saw a picture of your fans wit a banner saying "reynolds, rot in hell",whats the point...we dont have a banner saying"billy woods, rot in hell"

__________________________________________________ __

Shamrock Rovers Football Club

15 FAI Leagues
24 FAI Cups

Your right bout point 3, there were old people who rem the good old days(when ye won the 15 &24) there at the cross supporting ye and I saw the shame on there faces when ye tryed to get onto the pitch at George. They moved up to 'safety'. Ya Reynolds Rot in Hell, We hate Reynolds like ye hate BOHS. And ye have a sign of that nature for bohs. We don't like em eitehr but do you see us wit a sign so whats the point:p

thecorner
30/09/2003, 2:41 PM
[B

2.i saw a picture of your fans wit a banner saying "reynolds, rot in hell",[/B]

1. still more than yer 100 than come down

2. ye can have a loan of that banner next season

:D :D :D :D :D

thecorner
30/09/2003, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Take a look at thecorners time when he posted his! Do ya ever get to bed like? :eek:

work evenings leaves me free for the net from 2am onwards:D :D

pete
30/09/2003, 2:43 PM

Since 1986

League Titles - 1
FAI Cups - 0
League Cups - 0

NorthoftheLee
30/09/2003, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by some hoopie feen a bob
And your fans arent so perfect.....

1. here we go again...
City away games...2 at 600 mile round trip, 4 at 400 , 10 at 340 and 2 at 100+ .

Dublin Teams away trips..4 at 340 , 2 at 200 , 4 at around 100 and 8 at 10ish.

count up the miles ya dope ya....City along wit Derry and Waterford have serious mileage to do every season. For us to be getting a couple of Hundred up in Dublin every other week is far more impressive than ye getting 100 down twice a season..

2. "He gave his word, he took the cash, cause Alan Reynolds is scum"
He agreed to sign on with City but took the rovers cash a few hours later..When he was touted as going back to waterford for family reasons no one had a problem with that..the judas actions of the man is the reason for the ill feeling towards him.

3. i thought ye jackeens were used to sharing...(needles and all that ;) )*

*This is a joke, a joke I tells ya

curts82
30/09/2003, 3:04 PM
You go NOTL on point one. There so great at coming to Cork for there 2 games(well soon it will be their 3rd:D ) and we have to travel to Pats $hel$ Bohs Pats and UCD. We used to travel to Rovers but their mite be a stop to that soon.:D

WeAreRovers
30/09/2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by pete
Since 1986

League Titles - 1
FAI Cups - 0
League Cups - 0

Actually since 1986 - League Titles - 2
FAI Cups - 1
League Cups - 0

KOH

pete
30/09/2003, 5:34 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
Actually since 1986 - League Titles - 2

Ok make that 87 so ;)

WeAreRovers
30/09/2003, 5:43 PM
I would have thought that a year here or there would make a big difference to a fan of a 19-year-old club. :)

KOH

Dr.Nightdub
30/09/2003, 7:51 PM
I could never understand this moaning about having to travel. Surely, if your team's playing away, you go, end of story.

A face
30/09/2003, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
I could never understand this moaning about having to travel. Surely, if your team's playing away, you go, end of story.

Now that it suits ... you take that stance. Nightdub .... you are the ticket man. You love to have it your way ...... sure god love us :rolleyes:

thecorner
30/09/2003, 8:49 PM

quite agree here with nightdub

after all great to see a feirce travelling contigent of city supporters to turners cross last saturday
:D :D :D :D

our travelling support was probably more than pats average home support

Dr.Nightdub
30/09/2003, 9:29 PM
A Face, you're missing the point entirely. The only decision to be made is whether or not to stay overnight and go out on the town in Cork / Longford / Waterford / wherever.

I bet if you asked most fans of Dublin teams, they'd agree in wishing they had more opportunities for an overnight and going on the rip after the game. We wish we had more, you lot complain that you've too many.

Gary
30/09/2003, 9:33 PM

This may be an alien concept to you Dr, as u are, after all a Dub, but many of us have something called a job. A job is something u do to earn a living, and to avoid taking a pittance from the govt every week. We cannot take a day off, or indeed, a half day whenever we want.

there is a BIG difference between getting the bus to dalyer/belfied/tolka, that having to have a bus organized, get the half day etc.

Then i spose Pats,fans invented away trips and public transport.
:rolleyes:

Dr.Nightdub
30/09/2003, 9:37 PM
Gary, I do have a job. I also have an annual leave allowance, a fixture list and a clear set of priorities. :D

ccfc till i die
01/10/2003, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Ummm, talk is cheap. Dubliners may claim to love their away trips and the overnighters, but why do only a couple of hundred actually go anywhere then?

A couple of hundred is being generous, more like 80