PDA

View Full Version : Why we haven't performed well over the last decade

joeSoap
10/09/2008, 11:20 AM
Well, its now proven that it wasn't Stan's fault, nor Kerrs, nor Big Micks....
The problem lies with mushrooms (http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/nothing-lost-in-translation-as-trappatoni-bans-mushrooms-1472833.html):D

gufcfan
10/09/2008, 12:08 PM
I heard them mention that on Off The Ball last night in the car on the way home.

Bloody hilarious. "Did he say mushrooms?" :D

OwlsFan
10/09/2008, 12:16 PM
I love the ending:

-------------------------------------------
"Ireland are due to play Italy and a friend reminded me that it will be on April 1. He urged me not to play any pranks on Italy," he said.

"It will be a strange game for me. Let's put it this way -- I want Italy to win all their games, but to draw their two matches against the Republic of Ireland. I think that would be a fair compromise."

If you believe he's actually thinking that way, then you're probably under the influence of a different kind of mushrooms.
----------------------------------------------------

Dun Laoire
10/09/2008, 12:21 PM
We'll have to start calling him Tripattoni ;)

paul_oshea
10/09/2008, 2:30 PM
lads ye are reading too much into the stuff, what he is saying is that he would like ireland and italy to qualify, and by both getting a draw we would both have won all other games and both qualify. simple as really. not being cute or anything just straight forward simple non complicated answer. Of course he is giong to tell Ireland to go out and win if they can but he would be extremely happy with 2 draws as well. sometimes i wonder on this site what people be thinking

noby
10/09/2008, 3:21 PM
Paul, besides Owlsfan quoting the end of the article, who exactly is reading too much in to it?

mypost
10/09/2008, 3:45 PM
That interview went on longer than some of Stan's press conferences.

Robbie has personality and talent, and together with Kevin Doyle they form a partnership worthy of a Champions League side.

Sadly, Brian Kerr didn't think so 3 years ago, when we needed to break the Swiss down. :(