Temple Utd v Midleton
Rockmount v Casement Celtic
Nenagh AFC v Lisselton Rovers

ball-hop
10/09/2008, 12:05 PM
According to the Examiner the other day, matches weekend of 27/28 Sept

Allstar
13/09/2008, 9:44 AM
Anybody know anything about waterford crystal??
I always thought that they were a junior team??

Shilts
19/09/2008, 9:43 AM
Anybody know anything about waterford crystal??
I always thought that they were a junior team??

There are always 'junior' sides in the draw. The Munster Junior Cup winners from last year (Leeside) and the winners of all the junior leagues (eg. Cork AUL - Grattan Utd) are always invited.

Waterford Crystal must have won in Waterford. These top junior sides are usually more than a match for all but a few of the 'senior' sides. Watch out for Clonmel Town as well.

The grading system between senior/junior needs to be looked at I think :confused:

Green_Hoop
25/09/2008, 2:36 PM
From my understanding the 4 semi-finalists of the Munster Junior cup qualify for the Munster Senior cup. Along with the Winners of certain county premier junior leagues. Pike Rovers(league winners) and Ballananty(Munster Junior cup finalists) are competing from Limerick.

razor
27/09/2008, 7:50 PM
Avondale 1-1 St Marys AET
Dale won on pens

supporter
28/09/2008, 9:35 PM
balla 4 leeds 1

rambler14
28/09/2008, 10:31 PM
Wanderers 1-3 Waterford Crystal (AET)

ball-hop
29/09/2008, 8:10 AM
Hall 3 Castleview 0. Kevin Mul, Dunna, Deccie

razor
29/09/2008, 8:26 AM
From todays Examiner
Munster Senior Cup 2nd round:
Ballynanty Rovers 4 Leeds 1;

Munster Senior Cup 1st round:
Temple Utd 1 Midleton 3;
Avondale Utd 1 St Mary’s 1 (Avondale won 5-3 on pens);
Ballinhassig 1 Carrigaline Utd 2;
Ballincollig 0 Lakewood Ath 0 (Ballincollig won 5-4 on pens);
Castleview 0 Douglas Hall 3;
Youghal Utd 2 Clonmel Town 4;
Cobh Wanderers 1 Waterford Crystal 3;

razor
29/09/2008, 8:32 AM
Revised 2nd Round Draw
A Waterford Crystal v Newcastle West
B Rockmount or Casement Celtic v Nenagh AFC or Lisselton Rvs
C Ballynanty Rvs 4-1 Leeds AFC
D Clonmel Town v Ballincollig
E Everton v Pike Rovers
F Douglas Hall v Leeside
G Mallow Utd v College Corinthians
H Avondale United v Carrigaline Utd
I Mayfield Utd v Blarney United or Glasheen
J Grattan United or Newmarket Celtic v Midleton

ball-hop
29/09/2008, 9:37 AM
Razor, any idea when?

abbeyvale
29/09/2008, 9:39 AM
Revised 2nd Round Draw
B Rockmount or Casement Celtic v Nenagh AFC or Lisselton Rvs
C Ballynanty Rvs 4-1 Leeds AFC
E Everton v Pike Rovers
F Douglas Hall v Leeside
J Grattan United or Newmarket Celtic v Midleton

This might sound a silly question, but can you identify the Junior (MJL) from the Senior (MSL)teams above please, I know most, just curious.

razor
29/09/2008, 10:13 AM
Razor, any idea when?Jazz Weekend I think.

This might sound a silly question, but can you identify the Junior (MJL) from the Senior (MSL)teams above please, I know most, just curious.Most of the teams not from Cork would be classed as Junior cos they don't play in the MSL but in local leagues.
However their standard is easily that of the MSL. Leeside, Grattan & Newmarket I think are junior too.
So in the MSL Premier you'd have Mount, Dale, Ballincollig, Blarney, Everton and Hall.
In the MSL First Division are Leeds, Mayfield & Carrigaline with Glasheen & Casement in the MSL 2nd division.

villager
29/09/2008, 11:18 AM
No real surprises in the cup over the weekend maybe Ballincollig being run so close was a surprise and Cobh beaten at home by the Waterford side i would say the Dale v Marys game was the tie of the round marys again proving they could be there abouts come the season end.

limfan
29/09/2008, 11:51 AM
Neanagh 2-3 Lisselton Rovers

Towelie
02/10/2008, 2:51 PM
Tough draw for Douglas Hall in the Intermediate cup and an even tougher draw in the munster senior cup!!
Im sure everyone at the Hall is looking forward to a crack off Leeside:D

pass&move
02/10/2008, 4:54 PM
Looking forward to our game against Newmarket Celtic Saturday at O'Neill Park, anyone got any info on them?:confused::cool:

manalishi
03/10/2008, 8:44 AM
Looking forward to our game against Newmarket Celtic Saturday at O'Neill Park, anyone got any info on them?:confused::cool:

A very good footballing side on their day.Have had up and down start to the season.They will be well up for it.Oh ya and bring yer shin pads ;)

ball-hop
03/10/2008, 9:02 AM
Tough draw for Douglas Hall in the Intermediate cup and an even tougher draw in the munster senior cup!!
Im sure everyone at the Hall is looking forward to a crack off Leeside:D
We'll happily go into the MSC match as underdogs as in the Intermediate Cup!!

razor
06/10/2008, 11:38 AM
Grattan Utd 0-1 Newmarket Celtic over the weekend.
Newmarket will now host Midleton

abbeyvale
09/10/2008, 5:57 PM
B Rockmount or Casement Celtic v Lisselton Rvs
E Everton v Pike Rovers
F Douglas Hall v Leeside
J Newmarket Celtic v Midleton

Teams through to 3rd Rd
C. Ballynanty Rovers

Green_Hoop
19/10/2008, 5:22 PM
Everton 0-2 Pike

Pa Moloney and John Boyle on the mark for Pike in the first half against a Gale force wind. Pike seemed to easy up in the second half, Everton very poor to be honest.

Towelie
24/10/2008, 11:07 AM
Well done to Pike and the rest of the junior teams hopefully Leeside can join ye in the next round(Or at least hopefully we dont get spanked!!).Ballynanty at home for the winner is as tough as any team from the senior league.

azceltic
25/10/2008, 4:01 PM
newmarket celtic 2 - Midleton 1

ball-hop
27/10/2008, 7:12 PM
Hall 2 Leeside 0.
Horrendous conditions last Saturday, decent game, 'Hall deserved to progress

razor
27/10/2008, 7:48 PM
3rd Round Draw

Douglas Hall v Ballynanty Rovers
Avondale United or Carrigaline Utd v Rockmount or Casement Celtic or Lisselton Rovers
Newmarket Celtic v Clonmel Town
Mayfield Utd or Blarney United v Waterford Crystal or Newcastle West
Pike Rovers v Mallow Utd

3rd Round games to be played on or before 29th / 30th November 2008

Note: The five teams remaining after the 3rd round will join Cobh Ramblers, Cork City and Waterford Utd in the quarter final draw

ball-hop
17/11/2008, 11:22 AM
Played yesterday - Douglas Hall 1 Ballynanty Rovers 0. Mark Murphy scored the only goal.

Footballer
18/11/2008, 1:21 PM
Just heard today that Avondale have been thrown out of the MSC.

The illegal/not illegal player who played vs Douglas Hall in the intermediate cup was now in fact illegal for a MSC match also. Munster Senior league have officially thrown out Avondale.
This seems to be a bit of a funny one. Our local league found the same player was illegal for a MSC while the FAI did not for an intermediate cup match. (Different rules for different cups……)
Anyhow, this was just something which was said to me and was confirmed by an Avondale player.

Probably best for all that the Dale haven't got any further as this topic would be debated for the season.

Billynomates
19/11/2008, 6:56 AM
Just heard today that Avondale have been thrown out of the MSC.

The illegal/not illegal player who played vs Douglas Hall in the intermediate cup was now in fact illegal for a MSC match also. Munster Senior league have officially thrown out Avondale.
This seems to be a bit of a funny one. Our local league found the same player was illegal for a MSC while the FAI did not for an intermediate cup match. (Different rules for different cups……)
Anyhow, this was just something which was said to me and was confirmed by an Avondale player.

Probably best for all that the Dale haven't got any further as this topic would be debated for the season.

Maybe the player in question was not signed in time fo the munster senior cup game against marys the week before the intermediate cup game. Is there any rule in the fai rule book that only 23 players can be signed? What about the Ulster and Leinster leagues? Do they have the 23 player rule? Should the same rule apply to all senior leagues not just munster?

footiefan77
19/11/2008, 8:53 AM
HE was registered 14 days before the intermediate cup game but not the MSC match the week before. Simple as that. Thought ye could have worked that one out for yourselves!!! The 23 man squad is something the MSL have come up with off their own backs and was not put through the FAI so they dont want to know about it!! Hope this clears things up and puts the matter to bed!

razor
19/11/2008, 2:08 PM
Another absolute classic from the MFA, the player was ineligible for Avondales cup match with St Marys, so instead of now arranging St Marys to play Carrigaline in the next round they just move Carrigaline straight on through. :confused:
If it wasn't the MFA i nearly wouldn't have believed it. :rolleyes:

Billynomates
19/11/2008, 3:00 PM
Another absolute classic from the MFA, the player was ineligible for Avondales cup match with St Marys, so instead of now arranging St Marys to play Carrigaline in the next round they just move Carrigaline straight on through. :confused:
If it wasn't the MFA i nearly wouldn't have believed it. :rolleyes:

That is really unfair. So basically it is St.Marys and avondale who get punished for avondales mistake. That is really fooking stupid if you ask me. Im sure carrigaline would have no problem playing marys. That is typical of the brain level of the people who run football in cork.:mad:

Clifford
20/11/2008, 12:19 PM
just wondering does anyone know what happened between rockmount and lissleton in the cup as carrig are playing the winners thanks to dale being thrown out:p
would have liked to have played avondale or mary's do to be honest!!!

They never showed up last Sunday, claimed they were never told. :rolleyes:

Not refixed as of yet.

Booooooooo Avondale, naughty naughty naughty.

razor
20/11/2008, 1:35 PM
They never showed up last Sunday, claimed they were never told. :rolleyes:Lisselton?

Did ye not get a walkover?

Billynomates
20/11/2008, 3:06 PM
They never showed up last Sunday, claimed they were never told. :rolleyes:

Not refixed as of yet.

Booooooooo Avondale, naughty naughty naughty.

Well done MFA. Making a great show of yerselfs again.

Clifford
21/11/2008, 9:39 PM
Lisselton?

Did ye not get a walkover?

Naw apparently they weren't told, genuinely! Not sure when it'll be played now.

Worldcup
23/11/2008, 4:21 PM
3rd Round Draw

Douglas Hall v Ballynanty Rovers
Avondale United or Carrigaline Utd v Rockmount or Casement Celtic or Lisselton Rovers
Newmarket Celtic v Clonmel Town
Mayfield Utd or Blarney United v Waterford Crystal or Newcastle West
Pike Rovers v Mallow Utd

3rd Round games to be played on or before 29th / 30th November 2008

Note: The five teams remaining after the 3rd round will join Cobh Ramblers, Cork City and Waterford Utd in the quarter final draw

Does anyone know if these matches will be played next week

Billynomates
24/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Douglas Hall already beat Ballynanty 1-0

No Munster senior cup games fixed for next week

studsup
24/11/2008, 8:30 PM
The Clare League have the Newmarket Celtic v Clonmel Town game down for this Sunday anyway but for some reason also have Celtic down for a Provisional League fixture too

Clifford
20/12/2008, 6:36 PM
Mount beat Carrigaline 2-0 today, Brian McCarthy and Beech. Slatts back for 60mins of it. Good days work all round

citybone
17/01/2009, 1:47 PM
Quarter-Finals:

Rockmount v Mayfield Utd

Cork City v Pike Rovers

Waterford United v Douglas Hall

Cobh Ramblers v Clonmel Town

Games to be played on or before 28th February 2009

Semi-Finals:

Cobh Ramblers or Clonmel Town v Waterford United or Douglas Hall

Rockmount or Mayfield Utd v Cork City or Pike Rovers

Games to be played on or before 28th/29th March 2009

citybone
23/02/2009, 7:56 PM
Cork City's Munster Senior Cup Quarter Final against Pike Rovers has been set for Bishopstown next Sunday, March 1st. The game will kick off at 3 pm.
http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=811

Ramblers have withdrawn!

Tis-smeee
28/02/2009, 8:57 PM
Waterford United 2 - 0 Douglas Hall

blinkx
01/03/2009, 4:52 PM
Cork City 1 - Pike Rovers 2

razor
02/03/2009, 11:34 AM
Revised Semi-Final Draw:

Clonmel Town v Waterford United

Rockmount or Mayfield Utd v Pike Rovers

Games to be played on or before 28th/29th March 2009

left back
03/03/2009, 2:42 PM
cork had majority of possesion but based on chances we could have easily won by more might not have been a very strong cork team but it is a great result for us as were only a junior club.would fancy us to make the final

oscar
03/03/2009, 7:17 PM
had a feeling Pike would win shame the same can't be said about Holly:p

Clifford
07/03/2009, 9:50 AM
cork had majority of possesion but based on chances we could have easily won by more might not have been a very strong cork team but it is a great result for us as were only a junior club.would fancy us to make the final

Good win for the Pike, should be a stroll in the semi for them, neither Rockmount or Mayfield are any good at all. I'd rest the first team in anticipation of Clonmel in the final if I were yee....

oscar
07/03/2009, 11:26 AM
they have 2 first teams the swines:mad: