PDA

View Full Version : McGeough Sacked?

Neil
25/09/2003, 6:11 PM
Rumours Jimmy has been sacked down at Waterford for not playing the chairmans son in the team.

Terrible news if it's true.
Can we snatch Mark Clifford in the confusion>

NorthoftheLee
26/09/2003, 8:12 AM
where did you hear that Neil???

There was nothing in the Mirror about it this morning and hey had a few articles on the League, including Mr Keely resigning from Derry after last nights game.....

Dodge
26/09/2003, 8:32 AM
check

http://btid.irishfootie.net

NorthoftheLee
26/09/2003, 11:28 AM
****, thats well bad form............

Neil
26/09/2003, 11:54 AM
No hes not been sacked.He released a statement this morning saying he wished to finish the job he came here to do and thats put the Blues back at the top of the LOI!!
Also the Independent Blues Supporters Club yesterday called for the WUFC chairman Ger O Brien to resign over the fiasco concerning his sons inclusion in the team and the treatment of Jim McGeough!!!

pete
26/09/2003, 1:01 PM
Would not be surprised if he eventually sacked.

I think Waterford are living on borrowed time & unless they get a win soon will candidates for the automatic drop let alone the playoff place.

joeSoap
26/09/2003, 2:49 PM
a bit OTT, don't you think???

Dodge
26/09/2003, 2:55 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised. Looking at the tables and how teams are playing I reckon only Pats, Shels Bohs and Cork are completely safe from relegation. Only 9 points between the rest

pete
26/09/2003, 3:06 PM
Watewrford have to get credit for the manner they've tried to play football this season but losing 3-0 to UCD & shipping 40 goals is relegation form.

On the otherhand this league is all about winning games as draws are little use.

niamh
26/09/2003, 3:14 PM
Yeah. Was surprised to hear that they had lost to UCD although I didn't think their defence was that bad. They concede several goals when they are losing matches. They don't just lose 1-0 is what I am trying to say...

A face
26/09/2003, 5:56 PM
Jebus .... people have really given up hope for the blues, thank god none of you support them. Having seen them play on Chorus, i think they were poor results but on the pitch they looked OK. A bit of knee jerking again folks.

niamh
26/09/2003, 8:51 PM
Don't get me wrong A face, I genuinely hope Waaaterford stay up. The league needs more Munster teams and it would be nice to see Noel King proved wrong yet again.

patsh
27/09/2003, 8:55 AM
McGeough was interviewed on the RTE Radio Friday sportsnight last night. He said that things were looking very dodgy, and it seemed he was about to be let go, but doesn't look like it now. There is huge support for him amongst the players and fans, and it was very much in evidence last night.

pete
29/09/2003, 8:58 AM
Seems like he also had an offer from Derry as i think he admitted he was 'approached'.