PDA

View Full Version : No "Info" on O'Flynn

pete
08/06/2001, 6:19 PM
This is all I got in attempt to dig up some info on our new signing..... :o

"I doubt you'll get much info mate, he must only be about 17 or 18 and I don't think he played for the reserves that much - certainly never got near the first team. I seem to remember seeing something about him scoring a few goals for the youth team. Where has he gone by the way? I will say, one thing we never do is release players that come back to haunt us. We had one highly rated youth player a few years ago who left age 18 for Gillingham for first team football (Lennie Piper) - he now plays for Farnborough Town I think, while last year's star in the making who got away was Russ Williamson, and he's just been released by Southend. If we let them go for nothing, the chances are they're bobbins. So I wouldn't hold your breath!"

Peadar
23/02/2003, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by pete
This is all I got in attempt to dig up some info on our new signing..... :o

"I doubt you'll get much info mate, he must only be about 17 or 18 and I don't think he played for the reserves that much - certainly never got near the first team.

Where has he gone by the way? I will say, one thing we never do is release players that come back to haunt us.

If we let them go for nothing, the chances are they're bobbins. So I wouldn't hold your breath!"

Pete did you ever get back to this dude and tell him what a star John O'Flynn became for us?
No chance O'Flynn can come back to haunt the posh while he's playing for City since Peterborough are on the slippery slope and haven't a hope in hell of ever making Europe.

pete
25/02/2003, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Pete did you ever get back to this dude and tell him what a star John O'Flynn became for us?
No chance O'Flynn can come back to haunt the posh while he's playing for City since Peterborough are on the slippery slope and haven't a hope in hell of ever making Europe.

Jeez can't even remember where i got that info. If i'd to guess probably just got reply on rivals.net message board or something...