PDA

View Full Version : Another first at the Cross on Saturday

The Donie Forde
25/09/2003, 3:01 PM
For the first time at a Premier Division game at the venue (AFAIK - Ref to confirm?) there will be a female assistant referee on duty. The honour falls to Rhona Daly....

Donie

Cityace
25/09/2003, 3:11 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
For the first time at a Premier Division game at the venue (AFAIK - Ref to confirm?) there will be a female assistant referee on duty. The honour falls to Rhona Daly....

Donie

Has there been one in the 1st div. already?

fella
25/09/2003, 3:20 PM
Lads,
Let's not forget that city will also be creating another LOI first crowdwise - being the largest away support ever at a LOI fixture.

Dodge
25/09/2003, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Has there been one in the 1st div. already?
There's been loads, some in the Premier...

read what Donie posted again

The Donie Forde
25/09/2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by fella
Lads,
Let's not forget that city will also be creating another LOI first crowdwise - being the largest away support ever at a LOI fixture.

Excellent! :D

Donie

Ozymandias
25/09/2003, 3:45 PM
keep it clean now lads.......she can't be any worse than the muppets that have been doing it....I can hear the chant already..something to do with "for the lads

patsh
25/09/2003, 3:52 PM
She'll be a vast improvement on the midget Foley anyway! :rolleyes:

NorthoftheLee
25/09/2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by Ozymandias
something to do with "for the lads

If she's a bit on the butch side, it can be "get your nads out for the lads"

The Donie Forde
25/09/2003, 4:10 PM
...will be, AFAIK, the first female official at a league match at Turners Cross . That was the point I was making.

I think Dodge read it correctly, tho some of the others appear to think it implied the first female to officaite at a Premier Division game...

Donie

niamh
25/09/2003, 9:21 PM
Hilda McDermott has reffed a First Division match and there have been ladies on the line in the Premier Division matches as well.

thecorner
25/09/2003, 11:26 PM
isnt it a bit dodgy having a female officiating in what will be a highly charged game.

she is bound to get an earful from georgie at some stage of the game

but who knows,he mite ask her out for a drink afterwards

ian
26/09/2003, 6:56 AM
A lads lets give the girl some time and then we can let her know how we fell about her.

Ref
26/09/2003, 9:47 AM
well theres been quite a few ladies refereeing over the years and we have three on the NL panel at the moment.

1 from Dublin, 1 from Limerick, 1 from Roscommon.

however there are currently only 10 female referees in the country out of 1200, which is a problem.

but i think Rhona is probably the first female assistant referee at a game in Turner's Cross.

just by the way, Hilda McDermott is a FIFA Women's Referee in addition to being an NL referee.

The Donie Forde
26/09/2003, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by Ref
well theres been quite a few ladies refereeing over the years and we have three on the NL panel at the moment.

1 from Dublin, 1 from Limerick, 1 from Roscommon.

however there are currently only 10 female referees in the country out of 1200, which is a problem.

but i think Rhona is probably the first female assistant referee at a game in Turner's Cross.

just by the way, Hilda McDermott is a FIFA Women's Referee in addition to being an NL referee.

Thanks, Ref!
We regularly do a feature on the officials in the CCFC match programme - though we're not issuing for this 'away' game ;) - and we mention FIFA appointments etc.

Some posters here might be better informed if they started buying the programme...:D

Just wondered if there had been a female officiating a league game at the Cross before as I couldn't recall one myself. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Donie

wws
26/09/2003, 9:55 AM
i think rhona only had her first prem game last week at UCD waterford i think on the line

obviously this has been goin on for a while in Dublin but the FAI felt, rightly in my opinion that such changes would be too much too soon for the backward thinking country outposts who still cling to old ideals (they welcomed dolan for gods sake!)

with the move of former dublin club Shamrock to Cork it is hoped that the southern cousins may finally be willing to accept new ideas

Ozymandias
26/09/2003, 11:06 AM
Must be tough being you WWS...u Know being perect and all knowing and all seeing....
we are so lucky to have seen some of your work on this notice board...thanks again oh great one

Lets hear it for the F**kwit

wws
26/09/2003, 11:42 AM
lol

Ozymandias
26/09/2003, 1:40 PM
lol..perfect even....

curts82
29/09/2003, 9:52 AM
See hoggie the other night the charmer. Applauding her for at off-side. She done really well

Troy.McClure
29/09/2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by wws
such changes would be too much too soon for the backward thinking country outposts who still cling to old ideals

Am I right in saying that you live in Laois? :o :eek:

Ozymandias
29/09/2003, 12:11 PM
lol

wws
29/09/2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Am I right in saying that you live in Laois? :o :eek:

not any more

my work there is done