PDA

View Full Version : U21 game in Switzerland

Eric
25/09/2003, 1:39 PM
Looks like a lot of that are travelling might not have tickets for the senior game so I presume that everyone is gonna take in the U21 game on the Friday night?????

lopez
25/09/2003, 6:40 PM
In my experience, the U21 game is for people interested in the future of Irish football, not for the 'event junkies', courtesy of Eircom and the travel agents, most of whom will be flying in on Saturday morning.:rolleyes:

I'll be there. Can't see probs getting tickets. Never have done before.

Neil
25/09/2003, 6:52 PM
It's on in Neuchatel, correct?
What time KO?
Has anyone looked into getting a train from Basel? Easy?

Volltreffer
25/09/2003, 7:41 PM
A return ticket Basel-Neuchâtel-Basel (via Biel/Bienne) costs CHF 67.00. If you can use Click&Rail for one way, it will be CHF 18.00 +CHF 34.00 = CHF 52.00.

Click&Rail (read the Help/FAQ carefully):
https://www.sbb.ch/myticket/index.jsp?ID=myTicketCR1.jsp&language=en

Timetables and prices of regular tickets:
http://www.sbb.ch/pv/index_e.htm

lopez
26/09/2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Neil
It's on in Neuchatel, correct?
What time KO?
Has anyone looked into getting a train from Basel? Easy?

Neuchatel, 1800 kick off.

Emailed the head honcho at the RISSC in London asking for tickets. Told me, that as far as he's aware it won't be all ticket and that he's going there on speck. Volltreffer, do you think the Swiss will make this game a sell out? Because even if the game was held in Basel, there is no way that thousands of Irish fans would go to the game. Sadly, too many don't care or don't care to get out of the pub for two hours.:mad:

Volltreffer
26/09/2003, 4:28 PM
Switzerland-Albania had 3500 spectators, Switzerland-Russia 8900. The Maladière in Neuchâtel has a capacity of 22000.

Switzerland has already qualified, so many people won't find this match attractive. Moreover the ice hockey season has started here too, and they're playing on Friday.

This is your chance to make it a "home" game.

Junior
26/09/2003, 4:33 PM
Hi there, Voltreffer, don't suppose you are still in posession of those two spares are you? ;)

remember me won't you!!!

Volltreffer
26/09/2003, 4:49 PM
@Junior

They are safely hidden. :D

In case I sell them: they are in the very centre of the Swiss sector (D4). But I suppose you wouldn't be too particular about that.

The other question is: should I sell them to an Irish or to a Swiss (Basel) fan? I'm waiting for your pro-Irish arguments. ;)

Junior
26/09/2003, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by Volltreffer
@Junior

They are safely hidden. :D

In case I sell them: they are in the very centre of the Swiss sector (D4). But I suppose you wouldn't be too particular about that.

The other question is: should I sell them to an Irish or to a Swiss (Basel) fan? I'm waiting for your pro-Irish arguments. ;)

The section doesn't matter as you rightly say. And obviously it would be the right thing to sell them to an Irish fan in order to further strengthen the great Irish-Swiss relations that go back many years!!!!

But not just any Irish fan, i think its important that you go for a Manchester based one, who is happy to add to the all round atmosphere of the occasion by enlightening you with his well renouned charm and wit (and offer you a few beers, if this helps sway the decision at all!!!:p ).

Volltreffer
26/09/2003, 10:55 PM
I've never liked beer (:eek: , I know), but the rest sounds attractive. :p

Junior
27/09/2003, 8:13 AM
okay then, well bear me in mind unless you get any better offers!!:)

(5 tickets together have just gone on ebay for 1,500 CHF!!!!) god I hate touts:mad:

hexe2
09/10/2003, 9:25 AM
anybody know how much a ticket for the U21 game costs? There's quite a number of us Irish working in Neuchatel and having failed to secure tickets for Saturday's clash in Basel, we've decided to show our support for the younger lads!:D

Volltreffer
09/10/2003, 1:56 PM
From www.xamax.ch:

Adultes, place assise : 20.-- francs
(adults, sitting)
Adultes, place debout : 10.-- francs
(adults, standing)
Etudiants, AVS, place assise : 10.-- francs
(students, sitting)
Etudiants, AVS, place debout : 8.-- francs
(students, standing)
Jeunes jusqu'à 16 ans : gratuit