PDA

View Full Version : Shels, Beer and BBQ.

Pages : [1] 2

Monkfish
08/09/2008, 3:35 PM
Hopefully the weather can hold up for this to go ahead. Should be fun (as always) ;)

Jofspring
09/09/2008, 11:33 AM
Is there going to be a similar offer to the July 4th BBQ (Match Program, beer and hot dog) or is everything seperate?

gael353
09/09/2008, 12:12 PM
Is there going to be a similar offer to the July 4th BBQ (Match Program, beer and hot dog) or is everything seperate?

Thats the one, and bottle of water for under 18s.

also the half time draw has a new prize for the next three home games. €5 ticket gives you a chance to win a TABLE at the Trappatoni gig. Thats one table to be given away after the next three games. Prize is worth thousands! i expect all fans to buy a ticket at each game!

Monkfish
10/09/2008, 5:19 AM

http://www.limerick37fc.ie/gpage14.html

and for odds as decent as the hot-dogs.

http://www.hacketts.ie/events/default.asp?eventfile=99gFeir1&EventGroup=2

manalishi
10/09/2008, 12:24 PM
Thats the one, and bottle of water for under 18s.

also the half time draw has a new prize for the next three home games. €5 ticket gives you a chance to win a TABLE at the Trappatoni gig. Thats one table to be given away after the next three games. Prize is worth thousands! i expect all fans to buy a ticket at each game!

Are these prizes actually available as i am still waiting for that car from the draw up in rathbane some years ago.Remember that do you?

joeSoap
10/09/2008, 2:08 PM
Are these prizes actually available as i am still waiting for that car from the draw up in rathbane some years ago.Remember that do you? Ah yes...the several Mitsubishi Colts that Daft Dave was raffling...

da bishop
10/09/2008, 2:45 PM
Are these prizes actually available as i am still waiting for that car from the draw up in rathbane some years ago.Remember that do you?

brilliant.

redron
10/09/2008, 9:41 PM
And don't forget to pick up your Shels jerseys in the Super Blues Store on your way up to the match! I'm serious! :eek:

Raheny Red
10/09/2008, 11:01 PM
So for a fiver we are entitled to a program, a beer and a bit of grub?

Monkfish
10/09/2008, 11:33 PM

You want a ticket or what?

Monkfish
10/09/2008, 11:36 PM

If Jackman Park has not blown away by Friday evening then ya, hopefully it will stay dry for a few hours.

gael353
11/09/2008, 11:02 AM

yes this PRIZE is actually available and will be announced on Live 95, on Friday the 3rd of Oct. The main thing is we have 400 lines by €5 to sell. I would ask everyone in attn on the night to buy a ticket or ten :D. Price is worth over two grand

gael353
11/09/2008, 11:03 AM

subject to availability, good behavour, and wearing all blue on the night ;)

manalishi
11/09/2008, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=gael353;1019214]yes this PRIZE is actually available and will be announced on Live 95, on Friday the 3rd of Oct.

Where did I hear that before.

joeSoap
11/09/2008, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=gael353;1019214]yes this PRIZE is actually available and will be announced on Live 95, on Friday the 3rd of Oct.

Ermm...Daft Dave, sorry, Danny Drew said it....several times....

gael353
11/09/2008, 5:46 PM
[QUOTE=gael353;1019214]

Not from me but please dont hesitate to hold me to this one. As for the car draw i think one car was given away but the guy that won it couldnt drive and he went off to mitsubishi and asked for the money instead lol.

joeSoap
12/09/2008, 8:57 AM
Just to clarify a couple of things for thje benefit of inmoscow:

I had nothing to do with the car draws in Hogan Park, I never even sold a ticket. I think Gael and JohnD and a few others will verify this.

It was Galway United I helped Derek get his transfer to, not Waterford.

:ball:

manalishi
12/09/2008, 9:35 AM
[QUOTE=manalishi;1019278]

Not from me but please dont hesitate to hold me to this one. As for the car draw i think one car was given away but the guy that won it couldnt drive and he went off to mitsubishi and asked for the money instead lol.

I`m not laughing, people were done out of money again and all brushed under the carpet as usual.

JohnD
12/09/2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah I can verify that. Joe had nothing to do with the Car draw.

Why can't you leave the past in the past Manalishi ? The Club is being run well now with nothing whatever to do with the Daft Dave regime.

We are going in the right direction and the future is looking bright. Why don't you get involved and help out at ground level to make it look even better ?

We are always looking for Volunteers.

All the best
JohnD

Jofspring
12/09/2008, 10:09 AM
Back to the match, i'm going for 2-2.

footymad
12/09/2008, 10:24 PM
Back to the match, i'm going for 2-2.
Limerick 37 1 shels 2
We were unlucky not to get a draw 3 cracking goals in fairness though and what about Tommy's one it was a cracker.

sadloserkid
12/09/2008, 10:28 PM
Limerick 37 1 shels 2
We were unlucky not to get a draw 3 cracking goals in fairness though and what about Tommy's one it was a cracker.

3 excellent goals. Bizarre because the game was fairly rubbish up until the last ten minutes, Tierney's shot against the post aside. Thought they strangled us in the second half tbh and probably just about deserved the win.

gael353
13/09/2008, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=gael353;1019600]

I`m not laughing, people were done out of money again and all brushed under the carpet as usual.

No body was done out of any money and if you would like to meet me on this i could show you how much was taken in that car draw and how much the one car cost. So retract that comment or meet me. you can pm me where etc cos im not, as the main seller of the tickets going to stand for that ****

lankyboy26
13/09/2008, 5:29 AM
3 excellent goals. Bizarre because the game was fairly rubbish up until the last ten minutes, Tierney's shot against the post aside. Thought they strangled us in the second half tbh and probably just about deserved the win.
was there many at the match last night?

Jofspring
13/09/2008, 9:20 AM
750 was the attendance according to 95fm.

Fairly poor match alright till the last ten mins. Shelbourne where the better team over the 90 minutes but Tommys goal was almost deserved of grabbing a point... in saying that though Keddy's free was a cracker too. Don't know if this is a bit over critical but i felt Davy Ryan could have made a better effort to save the first goal, from the angel i was at a decent stretch or dive for the ball would have saved it. The ref was absolutely awful (for both teams), could have played advantage 3 or 4 times but blew up the whitsle (one of them huges was almost clean through on the edge of the box with 2 limerick players to his left and the ref pulled it back for a limerick free) and some of the free outs for supposed fouls on the keeper where fairly dodgy (davy ryan got lucky that way a few times).

Hopefully now Limerick can get back to winning ways next week against Monaghan but it could be a tough match, they got a draw against Waterford last night.

sadloserkid
13/09/2008, 2:13 PM
Was behind the goal and wouldn't hold Davy Ryan culpable for either of their goals. He had one HUGE let off when he spilled the ball under minimal pressure and was given a free out alright. Thought Paddy Purcell looked more like his old self for the most part last night too which is a plus. Thought Brendan Daly did alright too though his distribution wasn't so hot.

jebus
13/09/2008, 3:04 PM
Was behind the goal and wouldn't hold Davy Ryan culpable for either of their goals. He had one HUGE let off when he spilled the ball under minimal pressure and was given a free out alright. Thought Paddy Purcell looked more like his old self for the most part last night too which is a plus. Thought Brendan Daly did alright too though his distribution wasn't so hot.

I'd go along with that. I would also add that the Shel's Brats behind the goal didn't really do much wrong from where I was standing (alongside them and SLK). Fair enough they shouldn't have moved down there, but after that they only got involved in the usual nonsense teenage football fans usually get involved in.

By the by SLK, do you want to tell the Cobh fans the good news or will I? :D

sadloserkid
13/09/2008, 3:19 PM
By the by SLK, do you want to tell the Cobh fans the good news or will I? :D

We probably should let them know alright shouldn't we? :)

Thought the Shels kids were all bluster and noise for the most part too. Up until they started hopping onto the pitch anyway. Though if Limerick did it anywhere they'd be wholly castigated. Didn't think the stewards did anything wrong either.

The Shels coach (or whatever he was) behind the goal was a nuisance though, sticking his nose where it had no business, getting involved with the cops and stewards and attempting to downplay the idiocy of the kids' posing and shapethrowing.

Also... I liked the hot dogs. :D

jebus
13/09/2008, 3:36 PM
We probably should let them know alright shouldn't we? :)

Thought the Shels kids were all bluster and noise for the most part too. Up until they started hopping onto the pitch anyway. Though if Limerick did it anywhere they'd be wholly castigated. Didn't think the stewards did anything wrong either.

The Shels coach (or whatever he was) behind the goal was a nuisance though, sticking his nose where it had no business, getting involved with the cops and stewards and attempting to downplay the idiocy of the kids' posing and shapethrowing.

Also... I liked the hot dogs. :D

I start a new thread about it and then find that you've gone and shot our collective load in the John Meade thread :mad: I want this partnership dissolved

blinkx
14/09/2008, 1:54 AM
No body was done out of any money and if you would like to meet me on this i could show you how much was taken in that car draw and how much the one car cost. So retract that comment or meet me. you can pm me where etc cos im not, as the main seller of the tickets going to stand for that ****

In fairness he doesn't have to "retract" anything he says unless asked by an Admin for breaking a forum rule. This is an apparently "Anonymous" internet forum for debate on related matters. If he says otherwise he says otherwise. He's obviously got reasons.

On the game, patchy at best,shels took over in the second half and I'd say Shels just about deserved the win on the balance. 3 decent goals too, standard is improving at a decent rate which is nice to see.

gael353
14/09/2008, 3:12 PM
In fairness he doesn't have to "retract" anything he says unless asked by an Admin for breaking a forum rule. This is an apparently "Anonymous" internet forum for debate on related matters. If he says otherwise he says otherwise. He's obviously got reasons.

A hatred of Limerick perhalps??? my point is he is making a statement which is a lie. Ive seen the books and as the main seller of the then car draw i know how much money was made. It was very small. Three or four good weeks at the start but after that (because it was the same people over and over again ie the home support) we might sell 4/5 tickets a week = €20/25. I had nothing directly to do with the car draw, but i sold the tickets beacuse the SC (which i co founded)was getting a cut out of the sales. So i sold tickets at the gate in rathbane for over a year. with all his little snide comments such as "where have we heard this before" people were done out of money" etc he/she is casting a bad vibe on the present draw which we are running for the next two home games. I have made him in offer to meet up so i can show him the facts i await his contact

da bishop
14/09/2008, 5:18 PM
have to agree shels just did enough to shade it,thought MK subs decisions were poor but cant fault team for effort.btw gael chill out will you.

gael353
14/09/2008, 10:44 PM
have to agree shels just did enough to shade it,thought MK subs decisions were poor but cant fault team for effort.btw gael chill out will you.

Quite calm my friend (listening to Brian Eno/Dvid Byrnes latest) trying to advance the club on for next season (good news soon comming too btw) just the negitive vibes surfaceing from 4 years ago, next they'll be on about the time when money was found in a hole in the markets field so thats why we cant go back there, thomond park is on the northside so to play there would be stupid just stupid etc etc

Monkfish
15/09/2008, 8:58 AM
Quite calm my friend (listening to Brian Eno/Dvid Byrnes latest) trying to advance the club on for next season (good news soon comming too btw) just the negitive vibes surfaceing from 4 years ago, next they'll be on about the time when money was found in a hole in the markets field so thats why we cant go back there, thomond park is on the northside so to play there would be stupid just stupid etc etc

Pat Grace, Fr Joe, wheres the money gone? im just another bitter knobhead who's gonna hide behind his computer!

Also a big hello to everyone on the Shelbourne forums who are linking posts on this thread back to their own sites, hope you all got home safely. :)

manalishi
15/09/2008, 4:07 PM
A hatred of Limerick perhalps??? my point is he is making a statement which is a lie. Ive seen the books and as the main seller of the then car draw i know how much money was made. It was very small. Three or four good weeks at the start but after that (because it was the same people over and over again ie the home support) we might sell 4/5 tickets a week = €20/25. I had nothing directly to do with the car draw, but i sold the tickets beacuse the SC (which i co founded)was getting a cut out of the sales. So i sold tickets at the gate in rathbane for over a year. with all his little snide comments such as "where have we heard this before" people were done out of money" etc he/she is casting a bad vibe on the present draw which we are running for the next two home games. I have made him in offer to meet up so i can show him the facts i await his contact

Stop playing the wounded soldier will ya.
Any one who makes a statement against limerick is a liar according to you.
You sold me a ticket for a draw for 5 cars that only one car was accounted for and this has been going on for a long time with limerick down thru the years.
Did you as a representative of the club not question this at the time,and it doesn`t matter how much was collected either.
No one is accusing you of fraud here but it was conveniently forgotten about
by everyone involved.
I don`t want to meet you as I see enough of you at the games anyway.

Monkfish
15/09/2008, 4:16 PM

Why did you come on here to winge so? why dont you take it up with the man himself? :confused:

jebus
15/09/2008, 4:20 PM
You sold me a ticket for a draw for 5 cars that only one car was accounted for and this has been going on for a long time with limerick down thru the years.
Did you as a representative of the club not question this at the time,and it doesn`t matter how much was collected either.
by everyone involved.

And what do you expect Gael to do about Danny making a balls of the car draw? In case you don't know the guy is the best volunteer we have, and has been for years, he has no say in the management or mismanagement of the club. If you have a beef with what went in the draw why not bring the matter up with Danny Drew himself at the time instead of whining online about it?

sadloserkid
15/09/2008, 4:38 PM
why not bring the matter up with Danny Drew himself at the time instead of whining online about it?

Recently spotted somewhere on the road between Kildare and Cork.

gael353
15/09/2008, 8:24 PM
by everyone involved.

yawn, dont worry lads ill finish here. Im not playing the wounded soldier its just you made ref to the present draw with your comments linking it to the car draw of some years ago (3 cars by the way not 5) You also said that ppl were "done out of money" they weren't, it was a legit draw that didnt make the money the owner thought it would so he altered (through the courts) the prize. The prize by thw way cost way more then the money taken in.

Every week ppl in all clubs give moneys to their clubs, by way of a shop, merchandice sales, raffle/lotto or whatever. Most of these are gambles but you take it that the proceeds of the raffle go into running that club which you contributed too. The car draw which you entered did not make money and so the whole total of it went to pay for the one car that wa given out. This year i bought tons of ducks, i didnt win one bloody prize, should i feel bitter and demand an examination fo the ducks that were pulled out of that water. Surely the guy in the boat was corrupt? Goodnight everybody

gael353
15/09/2008, 8:27 PM
And what do you expect Gael to do about Danny making a balls of the car draw? In case you don't know the guy is the best volunteer we have, and has been for years, he has no say in the management or mismanagement of the club.

pint in the still to that man for stroking my ego on Friday night :D But there are better, Anne in the market 5:30 get ups not for me thanks

manalishi
16/09/2008, 9:41 AM
Pat Grace, Fr Joe, wheres the money gone? im just another bitter knobhead who's gonna hide behind his computer!
Also a big hello to everyone on the Shelbourne forums who are linking posts on this thread back to their own sites, hope you all got home safely. :)

Don`t be putting yourself down like that,even though its probably true, as everyone else on here hides behind a username, thats why it is an anonymous forum:confused:

Monkfish
16/09/2008, 9:57 AM
as everyone else on here hides behind a username,

You are the only one knocking club a volenteer and hiding behind your username like a coward, the man asked to meet you and you refused.

sadloserkid
16/09/2008, 10:45 AM

Another club where I'll be welcome in future. :)

I was amused by both their failure to recognise that the lad who was 'assaulted' was mid pitch invasion for about the third time and the talk of a mature, responsible reaction from the Shels fans to this heinous act of barbarism and terror. Priceless. :D

manalishi
16/09/2008, 11:28 AM
You are the only one knocking club a volenteer and hiding behind your username like a coward, the man asked to meet you and you refused.

Is the message not getting thru here?
Is your real name monkfish so if we are all cowards.
I can`t meet him as I am up the country looking for the 4 missing cars.

Monkfish
16/09/2008, 11:33 AM
Another club where I'll be welcome in future. :)

I was amused by both their failure to recognise that the lad who was 'assaulted' was mid pitch invasion for about the third time and the talk of a mature, responsible reaction from the Shels fans to this heinous act of barbarism and terror. Priceless. :D

They complain and cry about some fella getting thrown out for 'only celebrating' yet they want Davey Ryan arrested for nearly causing a riot because he ummm........celebrated :D
Suppose when you have to leave a football ground holding a Garda's hand we should expect a little whinging.

Monkfish
16/09/2008, 11:34 AM
I can`t meet him as I am up the country looking for the 4 missing cars.

Have a look for your balls while your up there.

manalishi
16/09/2008, 12:06 PM
Have a look for your balls while your up there.

I might see you all at the monaghan match friday.
You`ll be the bunch of nerds huddled up in the corner of the stand wearing anoraks and shaking your rattles singing "circle the wagons their critisizing us again."
Are you gaels mouthpiece.

Roadend
16/09/2008, 12:13 PM
I might see you all at the monaghan match friday.
You`ll be the bunch of nerds huddled up in the corner of the stand wearing anoraks and shaking your rattles singing "circle the wagons their critisizing us again."
Are you gaels mouthpiece.

If you haven't the guts to confront them up at the match you should really get back into your box.:rolleyes:

blinkx
16/09/2008, 12:35 PM
If you haven't the guts to confront them up at the match you should really get back into your box.:rolleyes:

Guts? What are you on about? Confront who? the 5-6 semi balding beer belly kings...Who have supporting limerick down as one of there proudest life achievements. Circle the Bandwagons!!

joeSoap
16/09/2008, 12:40 PM
Surely time to lock this sh1te now?:confused: