PDA

View Full Version : Disgrace.........

Enda M
24/09/2003, 4:26 PM
how many chances does a team need.a lot has been said about us going on a 9 game unbeaten run.who did we play only tolka rovers limerick waterford twice drogheda ucd and shamrock rovers(who everyone is beating after their euro hangover)- all teams we should be beating.the pats cup final aside we were lucky to get a point againstb pats at home concidering they hit the post.when the first real tests come along bohs,shels,cork come along we falter.we had 85`% of possesiojn created so much but cudnt find the net agaist cork last nite.
before last nite game if you asked me was i goin to o2 id say yes now im not so sure.

Longfordian
25/09/2003, 6:55 PM
You say they're all teams we should be beating but bear in mind they all, UCD excepted, are working off bigger budgets than us. Some of our fans expect us to be winning the league or something..fact of the matter is we're a top half of the table team not title contenders unlike the teams above us, its not coincidental that these are the teams to have beaten us this season, they work off far bigger budgets than us and have much bigger squads, for the money Matthews is working off he's doin a great job. There's too many whingers in our crowd. Sixth in the league would be fine by me..thenthere's a certain cup match comin up too...You should get behind them and not start knockin them cos they haven't beaten Bohs, Shels, Cork and Pats..For the most part we've been very competitive and but for dodgy refereeing would certainly have had some good results against them..A bad result shouldn't affect whether you'll go the match or not.

Enda M
25/09/2003, 7:51 PM
i just feel we are letting ourselves down.im not saying we are going to win the league but we have good squad and i feel we should be striving for at least a top 4 or 5.
if you got points for how results should have gone we would top of the league and i agree the refs have been terrible but then again that is something weve come to expect.

Longfordian
26/09/2003, 11:41 AM
Well we are striving for a top four or five position, it just doesn't always work out the way you hope and you cant say its a disgrace if we end up sixth instead of fourth or fifth. Remember every other team fancies their chances of finishing in the top five too. Look at Derry, the tradition and support theyve always had and theyre second from bottom, searching form their third manager of the season. Anyway hopefully with a bit more luck we can have a good finish this season..