PDA

View Full Version : Pats 1 Ollie C 3 (Report)

pete
07/09/2001, 10:40 PM
City:
Devine
Carey, O'Rourke, Coughlan, Daly (Napier in 1st half after injury i think) Horgan
O'Grady, Kelvin, Ollie
Skippy, O'Flynn (Colin O'Brien Junior)

Ball broke/knocked on outside the box, Ollie volleys over stranded keeper GOAL 1-0. Very windy, lot of hoofin by both sides, Some pats fella skims the cross bar, Grate save by Devine after deflected shot, Ollie or O'Flynn tackle in first half usual melee, pats players tyr to "get" O'Flynn for final minutes of half. h/t
Colin O'Brien Junior on for O'flynn. Pats press, few dodgy moments, wild pleas for penos, City break & Ollie passes low shot into corner of then net GOAL 2-0. Pats scores a couple of minutes later after ball nodded out from box & came back via deflection, Devine wrong footed GOAL 2-1. City kill off game in last few mins when O'Brien wins ball off defender in the corner as he letting out for goal kick, passes to skippy who lays on for ollie, same finish as 2nd goal, GOALLLLLLLLLL 3-1, game over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night ruined by Inchicore Scum stealing my bike afterwards! :( :(

Gerry Desmond
08/09/2001, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by rebel

Night ruined by Inchicore Scum stealing my bike afterwards! :( :(

Look on the bright side: at least it wasn't your virginity...

Gerry

But they ARE a shower, no dowra bowra

RedReb
08/09/2001, 5:46 PM
many city lads. much of a crowd last night

James
09/09/2001, 9:09 PM
bout 30 of us I'd say, ablely assisted by 3 Longford town fans we borrowed for the night;)

overall crowd maybe 2,000 ish

pete
10/09/2001, 8:55 AM
Eventhough it didn't seem like it on the night 2000 wasn't a bad crowd at all considering the "other match" on across the city.

Saying that was feck all atmosphere at the game.

Macy
10/09/2001, 12:00 PM
Rebel - you really should've known better than bringing your bike - it was probably gone before you even got into the ground. How funny those little junkie scumbags are - esp. when they can't even stand up cos of cheap cider.

One of the Longford Three.

pete
10/09/2001, 2:28 PM
Macy,
Was "taken" during my post-match pint. The local guards have ensured me they know the suspects & will "follow up" on the theft. I think i'll pay a visit to Kevin St garda station in a couple of weeks & spot my bike or one that looks like mine ;)

BTW did you sign the petition that guy who claimed "me da is John Gilligan....." was carrying around. :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side: at least it wasn't your virginity...

Maybe next year eh Gerry? Why do I suddenly have the Deliverence tune in my head :eek: