PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray in US open tennis final.

tricky_colour
07/09/2008, 10:09 PM
He just beat Nadal in the semi - brilliant match, I will be watching the final
tomorrow, hopefull I can ge a decent stream online.

deecay
07/09/2008, 10:47 PM
Huge win,heard it was comfortable enough.I still hate the fella

pete
08/09/2008, 8:39 AM
Huge win,heard it was comfortable enough.I still hate the fella

Lot of hate going around today?

From the bit I saw last night looked like he deserved to win. Seems anyone who can slug it out with Nadal has a chance as he doesn't go for many winners & waits for opponent to make mistakes.

rambler14
08/09/2008, 9:25 AM
I watched Murray and I have to say he looked good, but after seeing the way Roger Federer beat Djokovic in the other semi, I think he hasn't a hope of winning.
Federer was unbelievable and looked like the Federer of old.
I like Andy Murray but he beat a tired Nadal and I don't think he can beat Federer.

Jofspring
08/09/2008, 3:54 PM
have to agree, i think he caught nadal at the right time. nadal has been preforming to his highest alot recentlly and it has taken its toll. straight sets win for federer in the final i think.

paul_oshea
08/09/2008, 4:17 PM
who cares? and who were those eejits in teh pub across from the stadium painted in green saying "come on andy".....who cares.

Stevo Da Gull
08/09/2008, 7:00 PM
Should be a good match against Federer. Fed is the favourite but Andy's got a good game to take Roger on, hence the 2-1 lead in the head-to-head. I'm just hoping for a great match, may the best player win :)

DmanDmythDledge
08/09/2008, 8:57 PM
Murray was brilliant last night. Nobody has ever dominated Nadal the way he did at times during the match. The second last point of the match really illustrated this.

Murray has been playing the better tennis during the hard court season of any player on tour, including this tournament. If he can match his performance of last night he will win. It all boils down to whether he can handle the pressure mentally of his first grand slam final. Also Federer really doesn't like playing against Murray as their head to head record shows.

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 9:31 PM
I watched Murray and I have to say he looked good, but after seeing the way Roger Federer beat Djokovic in the other semi, I think he hasn't a hope of winning.
Federer was unbelievable and looked like the Federer of old.
I like Andy Murray but he beat a tired Nadal and I don't think he can beat Federer.

I have just stuck £2 in Murray at 2.92 decimal odds, it is honours even at 2 sets all atm going with serve so I would say it is a coin flip, I watched Murray and he was pretty good Murray is on the up and Federer is on the slide as I see it. You could take the view that Murray made Nadal look tired, I hope so otherwise I am £2 down :eek:

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 9:41 PM
Ah well he lost the first set, still plenty of time left, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 9:55 PM
How things can change, he just broke Federer to love when previously he had seemed invincible, I expected Murray to get better as he got into the game.
My £2 is not dead yet :)

pete
08/09/2008, 10:28 PM
Murray was destroyed in the first set. He is hanging on in the second as Federer a bit distracted, looks like on way to tie break. If he goes 0-2 has little chance. Should have taken 3-0 at 5/2 :(

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm... 2 sets down, not looking good but 7-5 is better than 6-2, would be great if he could turn it around but it's a mountain to climb now.

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 10:52 PM
It looks all over now, Federer seems to play his shots with such ease like he is playing table tennis, so much natural ability and always in the right place at the right time.
Murray currently 400-1. Game over.

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 10:57 PM
5-2 back into 100-1 :)

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 11:07 PM
F*** it, Federer was a lot better than I expected.
I will have to stick to the poker tables ;)

pete
08/09/2008, 11:21 PM
Federer was so much better. The game to win the second set was as they would say in NY just awesome.

tricky_colour
08/09/2008, 11:35 PM
I expect Murray would have fared better if he had a day to rest. If Murray hadn't lost three consecutive break points in the second set the dynamic of the game might have changed, but all in all Federer was the better player and he looked invincible at times. Murray was pretty popular with the crowd though.
Me backing him was probably the kiss of death for him!

pete
09/09/2008, 9:37 AM
Saw clip of Murray press conference where he is asked how it feels as 21 year old to take home $1m. He responses "...is that worth 10 pounds?..."

gustavo
09/09/2008, 9:58 AM
who cares? and who were those eejits in teh pub across from the stadium painted in green saying "come on andy".....who cares.

Tennis fans?

endabob1
09/09/2008, 10:46 AM
I expect Murray would have fared better if he had a day to rest. If Murray hadn't lost three consecutive break points in the second set the dynamic of the game might have changed, but all in all Federer was the better player and he looked invincible at times. Murray was pretty popular with the crowd though.
Me backing him was probably the kiss of death for him!

That game ended his hopes imho, the 2nd Breakpoint had a Federer shot not called out when it was clearly long, Murray let it get to him and was still b!tching about it at the end of the tie-break