PDA

View Full Version : M.N.S. - 8 September 2008

Blueandproud
07/09/2008, 8:19 PM
Will there be an M.N.S. tomorrow night, considering
there were only two Premeir Division games on ?

sligofan4ever
07/09/2008, 8:27 PM
Will there be an M.N.S. tomorrow night, considering
there were only two Premeir Division games on ?

extended highlights :p ?

Mr Maroon
07/09/2008, 8:35 PM
It is still scheduled. Don't know if it will go ahead though or if it'll be a full show. http://www.rteguide.ie/listings.html?date=1&channel=132

Rovers1
07/09/2008, 8:58 PM
international discussions?/half hour show?

Sam_Heggy
07/09/2008, 9:17 PM
Well worth tuning in for Tyrells goal in the Harps - UCD game, plus some fine goalkeeping by Gregg, 3 top notch saves in the second half.

irishultra
07/09/2008, 9:22 PM
I'll be at the Bohs match.

I really hope its a good spectacle because while I 'support' Bohs I just want to see some nice football and great goals.

Rovers1
07/09/2008, 9:25 PM
does anyone know any spots in London where MNS is shown every week?, im headin over there tomorrow and want to see how they work this.

irishultra
07/09/2008, 9:28 PM
1.LOI highlights
2. Has there been an Mns since Pat's were drawn with Hertha Berlin?
3.Ireland vs Georgia highlights
4.Discussion + thoughts on Montenegro game
5.Kalonas goal for Lithuani....'great for LOI' etc.
5.updates from Bohs vs Pat's.

A face
07/09/2008, 9:44 PM
1.LOI highlights
2. Has there been an Mns since Pat's were drawn with Hertha Berlin?
3.Ireland vs Georgia highlights
4.Discussion + thoughts on Montenegro game
5.Kalonas goal for Lithuani....'great for LOI' etc.
5.updates from Bohs vs Pat's.

General state of LOI at the moment.

RĂ©iteoir
07/09/2008, 9:45 PM
You forgot - DRASTIC FINANCIAL CHAOS

A face
07/09/2008, 9:50 PM
Administration of the league and what need to happen for it to improve

deecay
07/09/2008, 10:01 PM
They didnt get a camera to Monaghan did they?

gael353
07/09/2008, 10:27 PM
They didnt get a camera to Monaghan did they?

jesus christ i hope not attendance millions no doubt

DRDoc
07/09/2008, 11:07 PM
You forgot - DRASTIC FINANCIAL CHAOS

Not forgetting PATS FIXTURE CHAOS

happydays97
07/09/2008, 11:18 PM
Well worth tuning in for Tyrells goal in the Harps - UCD game, plus some fine goalkeeping by Gregg, 3 top notch saves in the second half.

I agree Sam. Well worth seeing

RĂ©iteoir
07/09/2008, 11:38 PM
Not forgetting PATS FIXTURE CHAOS

and finishing off with the main issue of the week

SLIGHTLY COLD MON DOGS

:eek:

kevincronin2000
08/09/2008, 10:08 AM
thank god for sky plus

thischarmingman
08/09/2008, 7:07 PM
On now.

"Sligo literally threw the kitchen sink at Bohs in the last ten minutes..."

DmanDmythDledge
08/09/2008, 7:33 PM
Have they shown Harps vs UCD yet?

bellavistaman
08/09/2008, 7:44 PM
60/60 was one of the better ines i have to say few tongue in chhek questions to rice, fair play.

thischarmingman
08/09/2008, 7:44 PM
Have they shown Harps vs UCD yet?

on now

sligoman
08/09/2008, 7:45 PM
Really ****ed off seeing the highlights of our match, two clear penalties turned down:mad:
"Sligo literally threw the kitchen sink at Bohs in the last ten minutes..."That was bad alright, as was getting players names wrong in the report. Still, better than Gavin Jennings

Other lowlights are Con Murphy attempting to do Italian accent anytime Trapattoni is interviewed and talking about Gah on a football show.

bellavistaman
08/09/2008, 7:54 PM
Brennan GOTM, what a joke.. Bout 3 ahead of that, lovely free kick but the lad from bray, and lally for us were better goals.

sligofan4ever
08/09/2008, 7:58 PM
Chris Butler was on the wrong end of the good the bad and the ugly. no way brennan deserved GOTM, IMO opinion should've went to that Cobh player.

Sam_Heggy
08/09/2008, 8:04 PM
Super long extended highlights of the Ireland match, which weve all seen.

On the plus side, it gave me a chance to step out and have a fag :cool:

Tyrells goal looked even better on the tv, great strike.
I still think Chris Breen was so afraid to miss that he took it right to the goal line before shooting.

Martinho II
08/09/2008, 9:19 PM
tyrell was also very unlucky with the lob over the goalie.. wonder will he have a hope of getting back into the shamrock rovers team once his loan deal is up? is that the lad that shamrock rovers got from bray? hes a serious act...

Straightstory
09/09/2008, 8:09 AM
Rice easily the best '60' thing ever. Just because he came across as a likeable, good humoured chap.
Serious omission not to show (or even mention) the Bohs' lad's World Cup goal.

pete
09/09/2008, 9:32 AM
A lot of padding in the show even showing Tony O'Donoghue getting hassle from Ireland fans in different cities. Would love to know what he said to them after the transmission was over. :D

Felt like Harps v UCD went on for ever :p

Sam_Heggy
09/09/2008, 10:59 AM
tyrell was also very unlucky with the lob over the goalie.. wonder will he have a hope of getting back into the shamrock rovers team once his loan deal is up? is that the lad that shamrock rovers got from bray? hes a serious act...

To be honest, Tyrell has been brutal since coming to Harps, he only started on Friday night because Mar Brolly was suspended. Had a great game though and hopefully that continues on Friday against Drogheda.

biscuit
09/09/2008, 11:45 AM
A lot of padding in the show even showing Tony O'Donoghue getting hassle from Ireland fans in different cities. Would love to know what he said to them after the transmission was over. :D

Felt like Harps v UCD went on for ever :p

I was standing in the crowd that soaked him in beer in stuttgart in 06, and his retort was something along the lines of "ye shoer of C****" or something like that!:D all in good fun though!

superfrank
09/09/2008, 12:13 PM
That's the chap. Unfortunately, he's not as good as that one game might suggest. He did brilliant for us when he was on loan from Shels then he just went bad once he signed permanently. He wasn't playing so he went to Rovers. Scored on his debut but then he fell out of the side and left again.

He's a very frustrating player. He has the talent but his form is terrible.

...and talking about Gah on a football show.
I wouldn't get too upset about that. They talk about football a bit on the GAA shows too. Just Sunday, they were comparing Brian Cody to Alex Ferguson.

Also, the footage of the Irish lads harassing TOD made them look like ********s.

celticV3
09/09/2008, 3:37 PM
Can i ask anyone who watched the show tongight and the last 3 or so weeks? Every week now we seem to be allocated a slot to show how more than one important decision has gone against us. Those who remember are yee in agreement that we have played well only to be robbed against bigger sides?

Mr A
09/09/2008, 3:55 PM
To be perfectly honest- yeah, Sligo do seem to have been particularly badly treated by officials recently.

superfrank
09/09/2008, 4:19 PM
The officiating in this league is poor. Get used to it.

I'm sick to death of the Sligo and Cobh fans (mostly) bitching everytime a decision goes against them. It happens to all teams over the years, not just yourselves. Other fans seem to take it on the chin, why can't you lot do it as well?

On the Bohs match, there was the "peno" in the first half that wasn't. The ball was struck at the Bohs defender from about two feet away. He had no time to move his hand. If yez had got the peno in the second half, which it was, yez wouldn't have had a goal ruled out. The goal was ruled out, I'm guessing, for the player who swung his foot in front of Murphy's face.

The Pats game, I don't remember any bad reffing decisions. The goal was legit. Against Drogs, I can't really remember the goal but I remember thinking the ref had a good enough reason for disallowing it. I don't remember Drogs' peno.

Inside Man
09/09/2008, 4:44 PM
The officiating in this league is poor. Get used to it.

I'm sick to death of the Sligo and Cobh fans (mostly) bitching everytime a decision goes against them. It happens to all teams over the years, not just yourselves. Other fans seem to take it on the chin, why can't you lot do it as well?

On the Bohs match, there was the "peno" in the first half that wasn't. The ball was struck at the Bohs defender from about two feet away. He had no time to move his hand. If yez had got the peno in the second half, which it was, yez wouldn't have had a goal ruled out. The goal was ruled out, I'm guessing, for the player who swung his foot in front of Murphy's face.

The Pats game, I don't remember any bad reffing decisions. The goal was legit. Against Drogs, I can't really remember the goal but I remember thinking the ref had a good enough reason for disallowing it. I don't remember Drogs' peno.

Lets see. Can i bring your memory back to your match against Drogs at Home. And our away match against Cork a few weeks back. I don't even have to mention what went on in both them games I'm sure everyone reading these threads know what incidents I'm talking about. Also not ranting but imo worst decision of the year and just shows how Bohs have gotton the rub of the green was earlier in year, we scored a legit goal, Ruled out! Our players were celebrating and Bohs players went up and scored. 2 goal swing which won them the game.
I'm not complaining now. Just proving my point that indeed we have been delt a harsh blow from officials this year for some strange reason and well, ye have nothing to complain about really, Hence why ye are not complaining.
Also just to mention we were knocked out of the Cup by a very contentious decision earlier in the year and that can somewhat be said to have attributed to our Financial woes as we would have obviously budgeted a couple of wins in the Cup. So you can see why all Sligo fans at this minute are bulling about the officials.

superfrank
09/09/2008, 5:08 PM
Lets see. Can i bring your memory back to your match against Drogs at Home.
I know all too well about that decision. Search my posts from that time, I'm certain I said that it was a terrible decision then.

I'm not complaining now. Just proving my point that indeed we have been delt a harsh blow from officials this year for some strange reason and well, ye have nothing to complain about really, Hence why ye are not complaining.
We have had dodgy decisions go against us but I'm not going to bring them up. I've moved past them. Once the ref makes a decision, there's nothing that can be done to change it. The ref's decision is final. Bitching and moaning about them just makes yez look like a bunch of spoilt kids.

pete
09/09/2008, 5:38 PM
I was standing in the crowd that soaked him in beer in stuttgart in 06, and his retort was something along the lines of "ye shoer of C****" or something like that!:D all in good fun though!

What chances Darragh Maloney or the likes of George Hamilton would take it in good spirits?

deecay
09/09/2008, 6:35 PM
No point in complaining about the ref's anymore,they favour the big teams.

I wouldn't get too upset about that. They talk about football a bit on the GAA shows too. Just Sunday, they were comparing Brian Cody to Alex Ferguson.
They are inbred though

sligoman
09/09/2008, 10:07 PM
Once the ref makes a decision, there's nothing that can be done to change it. The ref's decision is final. Bitching and moaning about them just makes yez look like a bunch of spoilt kids.And not saying anything about it implies we should just accept the ref's decision and allow them to continually make the wrong decisions.

superfrank
09/09/2008, 10:50 PM
And not saying anything about it implies we should just accept the ref's decision and allow them to continually make the wrong decisions.
Like I said, the ref's decision is final. Once the decision's been made, there's no chance he's going to over-rule it. Complaining afterwards is pointless. It won't change what happened.

sligoman
09/09/2008, 11:21 PM
Like I said, the ref's decision is final.One question for you, do you think those two refs would have been suspended earlier in the season if there wasn't such a fuss made of it on MNS? Nothing can change that particular decision he's made but we can help influence consequences for the refs if they make mistakes.

superfrank
10/09/2008, 12:13 PM
One question for you, do you think those two refs would have been suspended earlier in the season if there wasn't such a fuss made of it on MNS?
Maybe it did but there hasn't been any ref suspensions since and in that time there's been the Cobh Bray game that's caused a lot of whinging and practically every Sligo game.

AFAIK, the ref's performances are checked on by the el rep who sits in the stands at matches and, afaik, any suspensions would be handed down on the rep's report, not by the fuss on here or on MNS.

CharlesThompson
10/09/2008, 3:27 PM
Like I said, the ref's decision is final. Once the decision's been made, there's no chance he's going to over-rule it. Complaining afterwards is pointless. It won't change what happened.

Don't be so glib. When we 'won' a peno against you at the start of the season Bray fans were going mad ffs.

@ Sligoman - If the laws of averages are to indeed be ironed out, you will get some pretty good decisions next season. While we had Farrrelly (in particular) and Connor in charge, we had some ridiculous decisions go against us, from the 'goal' we scored in Bray, to the 'Peno' conceded to Drogheda at United Park, to the 'goal' conceded to Drogheda at Dalyer (the one that was 2 feet from the goal line at it's nearest point), numerous other decisions. I'm a football fan - I don't forget.

This season however, we've gotten a lot of decisions we traditionally haven't gotten. Some 50/50's that have gone our way and the decisions you know you should get, but in this league you should never expect - we've gotten some of those. I figure that this is the law of averages working out in our favour.

Hopefully next year, you'll find the same!:D

dfx-
10/09/2008, 3:50 PM
Also just to mention we were knocked out of the Cup by a very contentious decision earlier in the year and that can somewhat be said to have attributed to our Financial woes as we would have obviously budgeted a couple of wins in the Cup. So you can see why all Sligo fans at this minute are bulling about the officials.

Budgeting for wins in the cup? :eek:

No wonder you were in trouble.