we know we are we sure we are
WERE CITY TILL WE DIE

Peadar
07/09/2001, 9:22 PM
Originally posted by yan
what was starting 11?

Your guess is as good as mine.
I'm in Germany.
Coughlan and Cahill were playing as Cahill got a hatrick and Aertel credited Coughlan with the Pats goal.

rebel yell
07/09/2001, 9:51 PM
I hope the league don't look too closely. City must have had 11
unregistered players. Red Card Gunther NOW!!!RED NOW

Gerry Desmond
08/09/2001, 9:50 AM
Originally posted by rebel yell
I hope the league don't look too closely. City must have had 11
unregistered players. Red Card Gunther NOW!!!RED NOW

Is that not just a smidgin harsh? The team wins 3:1 and you want to red card the manager?

Hope you're not a programme buyer, rebel yell...

Gerry

rebel yell
08/09/2001, 2:49 PM
Gerry, one swallow doesn't make a summer I'm afraid. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but as far as I'm concerned the club
is sick at heart. 3-1 V St Pats is a short-term boost where I'm concerned about the long term future. I've followed the club from the beginning and have never been so depressed about the direction we're heading in. Back then Rovers were THE club and
look at the sorry shambles they've been thru. Granted they're top now but they've suffered the short-termism we seem to be cursed
with. The board have had their time and we're a shambles. We should be in Europe every year not being near the foot of the
table with players whom even the manager has to question their commitment. Let's sweep the old guard away. We could get
Gerry 'The Bull' Mccabe in and get a bit of professionalism to the club. Instead we lurch from one disaster to another. We are a
laughing stock in my opinion. Look at the Leicester deal for example. They are victims of the Cork Hoodoo. If we had forged
links with Celtic they'd probably be lower than St Mirren in the SPL!Murphy you're red carded.

Gerry Desmond
08/09/2001, 2:55 PM
Originally posted by rebel yell
Gerry, one swallow doesn't make a summer I'm afraid. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but as far as I'm concerned the club
is sick at heart. 3-1 V St Pats is a short-term boost where I'm concerned about the long term future. I've followed the club from the beginning and have never been so depressed about the direction we're heading in. Back then Rovers were THE club and
look at the sorry shambles they've been thru. Granted they're top now but they've suffered the short-termism we seem to be cursed
with. The board have had their time and we're a shambles. We should be in Europe every year not being near the foot of the
table with players whom even the manager has to question their commitment. Let's sweep the old guard away. We could get
Gerry 'The Bull' Mccabe in and get a bit of professionalism to the club. Instead we lurch from one disaster to another. We are a
laughing stock in my opinion. Look at the Leicester deal for example. They are victims of the Cork Hoodoo. If we had forged
links with Celtic they'd probably be lower than St Mirren in the SPL!Murphy you're red carded.

I share some of your worries, Rebel Yell, no doubt about it. But maybe it was a turning point for Liam Murphy and a couple of the players last night. Let's wait and see. The Shelbourne game will tell a lot. I think the attendance will be the most significant aspect as a pointer for the season ahead for the club. I think on the pitch we'll pull things together, but at the turnstiles I'm not too sure.

Gerry

A face
09/09/2001, 11:29 AM
I agree with your points as well, but most of the gripes are with the board, and not Murphy, maybe it is the board you should be red carding, to be fair ...City have not been playing the best so far this year, but we all know they are able to do alot better, have watched the game on Chorus during the week, just proved it, 1:0 and the game was crap, passing was poor and the will to win just wasn't there, but that doesn't mean the cant, having looked at the players on both teams, the result didn't do it any justice, City have had a bad start but hopefully that will change, but that doesn't mean when we are doing bad, we bring the knives out for the manager, personally i think a change of manager right now is not good four managers in the space of 15 months isn't good for any club no matter how you paint the picture.
For the immediate future, i'll turn up Sunday and support the team and hope for a good result, and that is a good tactic for any fan at the moment.

niamh
09/09/2001, 4:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rebel yell
[B]Gerry, one swallow doesn't make a summer I'm afraid. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but as far as I'm concerned the club
is sick at heart.

Have to agree with you. I think the club has problems at every level and isn't looking very good at all. These past few weeks have only proved it. The fact it goes un noticed to the media at large only enables the rot to continue...