PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 0 Bohs 1

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 9:56 PM
Ah jeez what do you say to that? How unlucky was that? Heard the reporter say it was an error by Butler but i think that is really hard on the lad as he knew nothing about it. Again another goal ruled out, good atmosphere in the ground and a good crowd for the night that was in it, any other night and the crowd would have been a very big one, heard a figure of 2,000. But the lads should be proud of the way they play but you have to think of the decisions we are getting against us !

red bellied
05/09/2008, 10:02 PM
Brushs fault if anyones. Butler was moving up the field when the ball hit his heels. Reallly destroyed Bohs at times in the second half, great point blank save by their keeper.

Red&White Rover
05/09/2008, 10:05 PM
Goal was just a complete fluke. Nobody could be blamed.

We were fecked over by a dodgy decision again...:(

And Bohs fans are just a shower of w*nkers. They made an absolute joke of our stewards (No offence SM;)).

Rovers1
05/09/2008, 10:26 PM
We were unlucky again, as Cook said, were not gettin any luck at all these days. Cant see Bohs being caught, even if Pats beat them next week.

nice to see the junior cert students from Dublin discovered Bavaria and such, although really the stewards couldnt have done much with the young lads on the wall, couldnt really push them over.

GOD I HATE DUBS!

showgies
05/09/2008, 10:33 PM
Ahhhhhhh!! When will we get a wee bit of luck like Bohs?

Another whole-hearted performance from Rovers. Raff had another stormer and I like the look of Richie Ryan. He is so comfortable on the ball and his passing is cool, calm and simple.

Ahhhhh!.........this will turn out to be the most frustrating season ever, simply because I feel we are so close to becoming a team that may challange in the top end of the table, but only with the right additions and I know those additions will never materilise due to our financial situation....................Ahhhhhhhhh! again..............

sligofan4ever
05/09/2008, 10:36 PM
Ahhhhhhh!! When will we get a wee bit of luck like Bohs?

Another whole-hearted performance from Rovers. Raff had another stormer and I like the look of Richie Ryan. He is so comfortable on the ball and his passing is cool, calm and simple.

Ahhhhh!.........this will turn out to be the most frustrating season ever, simply because I feel we are so close to becoming a team that may challange in the top end of the table, but only with the right additions and I know those additions will never materilise due to our financial situation....................Ahhhhhhhhh! again..............

I'd say the same for McDaid, got his start and his pace really helped. We were very unlucky, anyone know why our goal was dissalowed ?

Did anyone else notice one of Bohs players limped away on the wrong leg, makes you wonder :rolleyes:. Atleast the hardest games (except for Derry) are out of the way, if we perform the way we did in recent matches against UCD and Cobh, we should get 6 points.

redtildead
05/09/2008, 10:44 PM
Did anyone else notice one of Bohs players limped away on the wrong leg, makes you wonder :rolleyes:.

WTF:confused:

In terms of legs, left is the opposite of right, not wrong I'm afraid.

sligo23
05/09/2008, 10:44 PM
I think tonight proves that we are by far the best footballing team in this league

sligofan4ever
05/09/2008, 10:48 PM
WTF:confused:

In terms of legs, left is the opposite of right, not wrong I'm afraid.

well it depends on where you seen it from, the leg he was getting treatment on was the his right leg (I think) and he limped away on the leg that seemed fine which makes you wonder about faining injury, its the same as Chris Turner at the last home game against Bohs, you'd swear he broke his leg, but when the ball came to him he was up like a shot without a bother on him.

Referee and linesmen were a disgrace, until late on Brian Murphy got away with holding onto the ball for too long.

sligoman
05/09/2008, 10:51 PM
How the feck are Bohs 13 points clear? This league must be really poor:o.
And Bohs fans are just a shower of w*nkers. They made an absolute joke of our stewards (No offence SM;)).Stewards don't have the power to physically move people;)...nothing else could be done, it's up to the guards to do that, they were too busy sitting in their squad car afraid of getting wet.

Red&White Rover
05/09/2008, 10:51 PM
How the feck are Bohs 13 points clear? This league must be really poor:o.Stewards don't have the power to physically move people;)...nothing else could be done, it's up to the guards to do that, they were too busy sitting in their squad car afraid of getting wet.

Get Kerrnaldo as steward. He'll sort it out.

redtildead
05/09/2008, 11:08 PM
How the feck are Bohs 13 points clear? This league must be really poor:o.Stewards don't have the power to physically move people;)...nothing else could be done, it's up to the guards to do that, they were too busy sitting in their squad car afraid of getting wet.

A wee accidental nudge to one of the lads on the wall would have sufficed

I couldnt believe that either, must have been 5 guards at the game and they were nowhere to be seen at the end. Not a lot happened, but there could have been serious trouble if a fan from either side got through the fence.

deecay
05/09/2008, 11:29 PM
Stewards don't have the power to physically move people;)...nothing else could be done, it's up to the guards to do that, they were too busy sitting in their squad car afraid of getting wet.
Stewards can do what they want,as we have seen in other grounds and by Neol Mc Cloat the hypocritial ****.First time I didnt clap/sing the players off in a long time because I was disgusted with what I saw

sligoman
05/09/2008, 11:30 PM
Stewards can do what they wantNo.
First time I didnt clap/sing the players off in a long time because I was disgusted with what I sawProblem with their performance?:confused:

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 11:37 PM
Stewards can do what they want,as we have seen in other grounds and by Neol Mc Cloat the hypocritial ****.First time I didnt clap/sing the players off in a long time because I was disgusted with what I saw

Jeez why not? They ran themselves to a stand still i am really proud of the effort they put in for the club. I think we are so close to having a very decent team if we can just build on it, but the bottom line is that Bohs we lucky tonight and there fans knew it.

deecay
05/09/2008, 11:39 PM
No.Problem with their performance?:confused:
Yes they can,you can never get anywhere with a complaint about a steward.Ive seen stewards put a hand on a fan,push a fan,put their hand around a fans neck.I had no problem with the team's preformance but I have a huge problem with what happened with the Bohs fans

sligoman
05/09/2008, 11:41 PM
I had no problem with the team's preformance but I have a huge problem with what happened with the Bohs fansSo you didn't clap the team off because you had a problem with Bohs fans?:rolleyes:

deecay
05/09/2008, 11:44 PM
So you didn't clap the team off because you had a problem with Bohs fans?:rolleyes:
I had a problem with the stewards,not really the young fella's cause they dont have a clue but ones of authority

sligoman
05/09/2008, 11:47 PM
I had a problem with the stewards,not really the young fella's cause they dont have a clue but ones of authorityLike I said already:
Stewards don't have the power to physically move people;)...nothing else could be done, it's up to the guards to do thatLeaving it there, no point in wrecking this because thread of it.

deecay
05/09/2008, 11:53 PM
Like I said already:Leaving it there, no point in wrecking this because thread of it.
Those ''laws'' are not enforced

CharlesThompson
06/09/2008, 1:27 AM
I'm lost. What happened (or didn't happen) (or should have happened but didn't) between the Bohs fans and the stewards?

Rovers Maniac
06/09/2008, 9:20 AM
Why was our goal disallowed? The ref seem to blow as Conor was putting it into the net, also it looked like Burns actually handeled the ball.

brianw82
06/09/2008, 10:12 AM
The ref was shocking at times. Pulling throws back, then letting players gain 10 yards at other times. Also, did anyone else notice the corners that were taken in which the ball wasn't even on or inside the semi-circle? Cash did it in the first half, and Byrne in the 2nd. One of the most basic laws of the game, and they can't even get this right.

Fantastic effort from the players as usual. Bohs got their one flukey chance, and you have to credit their player for taking it. Most players in this league would have blazed it over the bar. They've been winning games like this all season, and that's why they're top.

CharlesThompson
06/09/2008, 10:18 AM
By the sounds of things and the newspaper reports I've read this morning, it seems you were unlucky not to get anything out of the game. Some of the lads that travelled down mentioned that you played some really good football last night which also seems to be the case all season.

I think to be missing the players you were missing last night and still be disappointed with losing by 1-0 to the champions elect says a lot about your team and your manager. I hope you can hold onto Paul Cooke for next season and I hope your commercial department can up its game for next season so that a good footballing side such as yourselves can compete at the right end of the table.

Btw, what happened between the Bohs supporters and your stewards last night?

NavanBohs
06/09/2008, 10:38 AM
With a couple of minutes to go we unfurled a huge banner with We Are Invincible written across it. We all stood on the wall and jumped around with it, and the stewards tried to get us to get down but we didn't. Some little Sligo knackers on the other side of the barrier (half our stand was Bohs and half Sligo) got a tad annoyed and like hard men tried to break down the barrier. We sang and danced and ****ed them off more and more and that was about it. It was all good craic and at least we didn't have the same problem as last season when their players came out after the match to "do their warm-down" i.e goad at us after they won.

Inside Man
06/09/2008, 11:04 AM
Every week the players put in 110%. And every week we are done out of it by them bunch of Corrupt c****. Its so frustrating to know even before a game starts in the showgrounds now against a Dublin team that we will be playing against 12 men.
This is becoming a serious problem and needs to be assesed by the league as Refs are getting away with preformances like that week in week out.
FARSE

sligofan4ever
06/09/2008, 12:37 PM
Does the FAI ever watch clips from matches ? you'd think if they did they would sort out the problem with referees, and Brian Murphy tried to make the linesmen and referee look stupid, holding the ball for more than 6 seconds (eventually getting a yellow card) and taking a free kick about 8 yards closer than he was supposed to but in fairness to him he made some great saves but some shots lacked power.

Rovers1
06/09/2008, 1:40 PM
down but we didn't. Some little Sligo knackers on the other side of the barrier

the young lads doing that were really stooping down to the bohs fans level, hope both clubs dont get fined for that, what with Bohs fans standing on the wall and our little hard men kicking at the fence.

Only1Rovers
06/09/2008, 3:22 PM
Every week the players put in 110%. And every week we are done out of it by them bunch of Corrupt c****. Its so frustrating to know even before a game starts in the showgrounds now against a Dublin team that we will be playing against 12 men.
This is becoming a serious problem and needs to be assesed by the league as Refs are getting away with preformances like that week in week out.
FARSE

YES YES Its a conspiracy!!!! The referees are out to get Sligo Rovers... I think not... who'd be a ref?

sligo23
06/09/2008, 4:11 PM
i thought it was discraceful that we got the same linesman as the drogs game, the one that darted off down the tunnel at full time. someone was pulling the p!ss!!!

Rovers1
06/09/2008, 4:18 PM
The FAI dont give 2 ****s about us, or who refs our games, the linesman at the Jinks side last night, weve got him every game in the Showgrounds except one since the Cork game in Turners, the game that got Declan Hanney the 5 week ban, theres nothing we can do about it. The standard of refeering in this league is very very poor, but we have to live with it.

sonofstan
06/09/2008, 4:55 PM
Best team we've met since we last dropped points apart from Cork - you were unlucky not to get something from it and. as has been said, I hope Cook stays there and I hope you get the financial end together and can challenge for a Euro place next year; despite losing players, you've improved as a team since earlier in the season.

clubman
06/09/2008, 7:56 PM
It was a night you wouldn't put a dog out in but yet a sizable crowd showed up. It was a cracking game of that there's no doubt. That's the four top teams we've now played in recent weeks and on each occasion we've lost out by a single goal and some very dodgy refereeing decisions. But that apart I think it's the attitude of the players and how they apply themselves to the task at hand that really shines through in all this. If only we could find ourselves a goalscorer but I suppose if we did the idiot in the middle would disallow it anyway so what's the point. I was no different than any other supporter as I left the Showgrounds last night but the best feeling of all for me was the thought of the treacy avenue stand actually singing last night. It's the first time since this fine structure was build that the occupants has actually come to life...... long may it continue. Of course that man Paul Cook played his part big time. The man is a legend and should he hang around will certainly bring silverware to the Showgrounds.
Great performance, shame about the result but I think last night was about our club becoming of age and the first step forward was taken.
The future is bright and it's red and white!!

red arrow
06/09/2008, 8:29 PM
now i hope everybody sees why we should pull out all the stops to hold onto paul cook and these great bunch of players. we can win something maybe next year i have no doubt but more important we can win a lot of fans back to the showgrounds with the excellent football we are playing.everybody should be pulling togeather and doing their utmost to bring in new members or new 400 club members to generate finance. if we could get 200 new members by e635 that would be e127k (i think) i believe this is possible but needs a supreme effort. by selling a membership slot you are giving people a right to have a say in the club and it gives punters a feeling of pride. pride in the fact that they have a share in the club. in my estimation this is one way forward in the short term and not impossible. but the club needs help nad its the loyal followers who are the key to bringing these people on board. if tony mc gee comes up trumps and if we can bring in new members we could have a very bright future indeed. paul cook will stay if he is let work within a budget circa k15. this should be possible to put togeather in a town the size of sligo but as i have said it will take all people working in tandem. by the way clubman great to see that you too are talking about silverware. lets get all the doom and gloom out of the way and roll forward . we will never again see such dedication from players who want to play for their manager and sligo rovers f.c so lets grasp the oppurtunity to show them that we care to.

red bellied
06/09/2008, 11:02 PM
The roaring and the chanting made its whole way up to the last house in Maugheraboy last night, after they came off the pitch last night. Imagine if they won!

avvenalaf
07/09/2008, 10:56 PM
Gustavo, what's an infraction and can I have one? I'd hate to think that someone else was getting them and I was being ignored. Can I get three for the price of two like Eddie McCullough does with the half time raffle tickets for me?

Rovers1
07/09/2008, 11:22 PM
Gustavo, what's an infraction and can I have one?

i got one yesterday! you can have mine if you want

Red&White Rover
07/09/2008, 11:31 PM
I have 3. That's a hatrick!

deecay
07/09/2008, 11:42 PM
Ive a few:cool: They are pretty good craic