PDA

View Full Version : Fixture chaos?

Dodge
05/09/2008, 12:36 PM
Pats fixtures are all over the place. Are other clubs in similar situations? Here's the current state of things...

Definite Dates - until the weather and Setanta get their hands on them
08 September 2008 A Bohemians L
11 September 2008 A Sporting Fingal FAI
16 September 2008 A Hertha BSC Berlin UEFA
23 September 2008 A Glentoran SSC
30 September 2008 H Hertha Berlin UEFA (99% anyway, could be Oct 2)
10 October 2008 H Cobh Ramblers L
17 October 2008 A Shamrock Rovers L
31 October 2008 H Cork City L
07 November 2008 H UCD L
14 November 2008 A Drogheda Utd L

Possible Moved
A Bray Wanderers L (orginally down for 19 Sep)
A Finn Harps L (originally down for 03 Oct)

To be fixed
H Galway Utd L (originally down for Sep 5)
H Derry City SSC (originally down for Sep 15)
H Derry City L (originally down for Sep 26)

Possible games
06 October 2008 Setanta Cup Semi
18 October 2008 Setanta Cup Final
26 October 2008 FAI Cup Semi final
23 November 2008 FAI Cup final

pete
05/09/2008, 12:42 PM
What happened your other Setanta Cup game? (i think was due for 15th Sept) How will ye play that before the end of the group stages or even the semi finals.

:confused:

Edit: I see you have that listed above as "to be fixed".

superfrank
05/09/2008, 12:43 PM
The Bray Rovers match from this week has been rescheduled for the 7th of October.

I can see us co-operating if Pats ask to move the match but I don't see where it'll fit in.

Also, Harps might not want to move the Pats game seen as they lost out on a lot of money when there home match against Drogs was moved.

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 12:43 PM
Pats fixtures are all over the place. Are other clubs in similar situations? Here's the current state of things...

Wow footall club have some football matches to play, get over it !:rolleyes:

pete
05/09/2008, 12:45 PM

True but some games have to be played before other games - FAI CUp quarter final before semi final & Setanat group game before semi final - plus the season has to end,

:rolleyes:

Dodge
05/09/2008, 12:55 PM
You're an absolute ****

Anyway nobody complained about playing them, I'm (not the club) saying that there's load sof games to be fixed and I was looking to see how other clubs wered fixed.

Frank, I'd say we could move it to the Saturday/Sunday without too much hassle

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 12:57 PM
True but some games have to be played before other games - FAI CUp quarter final before semi final & Setanat group game before semi final - plus the season has to end,

:rolleyes:

But you know before you enter them you may progress in the said competitions and you have games in close proximity to each other. If you can't deal with one game being called off then don't enter what joke total over reaction of a thread.

Sam_Heggy
05/09/2008, 12:58 PM
Also, Harps might not want to move the Pats game seen as they lost out on a lot of money when there home match against Drogs was moved.

Damn right, we have a friendly organised for the follwing saturday so fingers crossed there is no fixture change.

superfrank
05/09/2008, 1:03 PM
If you can't deal with one game being called off then don't enter what joke total over reaction of a thread.
You're missing the point of the thread. Did you read Dodge's reply?

Dodge
05/09/2008, 1:03 PM
But you know before you enter them you may progress in the said competitions and you have games in close proximity to each other. If you can't deal with one game being called off then don't enter what joke total over reaction of a thread.
Who's over reacting to anything? I jsut asked how other clubs are fixed to see could I see where games will be fit in. Where did anyone complain about the amount of games?

Oh and I repeat, you're an absolute ****

Sam_Heggy
05/09/2008, 1:06 PM
Our re-fixed game against Drogheda is next friday in Finn Park

Dodge
05/09/2008, 1:09 PM
Damn right, we have a friendly organised for the follwing saturday so fingers crossed there is no fixture change.

Again this could be moved to saturday evening? If our euro game is actualy on the Thursday, the Harps v pats game will be moved

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 1:20 PM
Who's over reacting to anything? I jsut asked how other clubs are fixed to see could I see where games will be fit in. Where did anyone complain about the amount of games?

Oh and I repeat, you're an absolute ****

Dodge you started a thread after having one game called of with 10 weeks of the season left and you named it Fixture Chaos :D if you are claiming that not to be an over-reacting then i hate to see one you would. No need for this thread you now have one game called off you may have to play an extra game one week, big deal how can life me so unfair that a football club be asked to play football games? :rolleyes:

charliesboots
05/09/2008, 1:21 PM
Dodge you started a thread after having one game called of with 10 weeks of the season left and you named it Fixture Chaos :D if you are claiming that not to be an over-reacting then i hate to see one you would. No need for this thread you now have one game called off you may have to play an extra game one week, big deal how can life me so unfair that a football club be asked to play football games? :rolleyes:

You're really missing the point here.

And we've had far more than one game postponed.

passinginterest
05/09/2008, 1:24 PM

Have a look at those fixtures and tell us all where the weeks are to fit in those extra games?

Especially if the advance in all the cup competitions :confused:

Battery Rover
05/09/2008, 1:27 PM
You can add on to that a possible replay against Sporting Fingal which apparetnly seems top be set for Friday 26th September

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 1:27 PM
Lads football players are paid to play Pats have approx 23 if not more full time players. Heaven forbid they may be ask to play a game of football !

Rovers Maniac
05/09/2008, 1:29 PM
You can add on to that a possible replay against Sporting Fingal which apparetnly seems top be set for Friday 26th September

There you go fixture chaos averted Dodge !

charliesboots
05/09/2008, 1:30 PM
Lads football players are paid to play Pats have approx 23 if not more full time players. Heaven forbid they may be ask to play a game of football !

Your either on the wind up or you're thick as f*ck, more than likely both.

Rovers1
05/09/2008, 1:30 PM
i have sympathy for Pats, especially thier fans, travel etc. but Pats are full time professionals, so it should be no problem,success breeds its own problems, sure itll give Derek O Brien a run out ;)

how big is Pats squad?

charliesboots
05/09/2008, 1:37 PM
i have sympathy for Pats, especially thier fans, travel etc. but Pats are full time professionals, so it should be no problem,success breeds its own problems, sure itll give Derek O Brien a run out ;)

how big is Pats squad?

As of this morning we had 12 outfield players available. Lots of knocks over recent weeks.

23 players in total though and tbh Johnny Mac doesn't seem to mind a build up of games. Problem is trying to fit them in.

Bray Head
05/09/2008, 2:02 PM
Which would you prefer ? To be in your position going for the League, FAI Cup, Setanta cup still in the UEFA cup or the likes of Shamrock Rovers and Sligo Rovers who have nothing to play for till the end of the season.
There are still 10 weeks of the season left so it looks like Pats will have two games a week.

Dodge
05/09/2008, 2:08 PM
Which would you prefer ? To be in your position going for the League, FAI Cup, Setanta cup still in the UEFA cup or the likes of Shamrock Rovers and Sligo Rovers who have nothing to play for till the end of the season

Absolutely ours. But AGAIN its not about that, the thread was started so I could try figure out when the games will be played.