PDA

View Full Version : v Wexford Youths OFF

Youths4Ever
05/09/2008, 10:38 AM
Hi guys just to let you know game due to take place tonight is off.

Pauro 76
05/09/2008, 10:55 AM
Good or a bad thing. We'll be closer to the bottom but a bit more time for Vinny to regroup and kick on from there...

Rocky77
05/09/2008, 11:26 AM
Just as well seeing as we don't have clearnace yet for Clint McManus - the greatest player in Latvian football history*

*awarded by a panel of judges that was soley compreised of Rocky77

Salmon Coloured
05/09/2008, 4:55 PM
Any word on when its rescheduled for?

Youths4Ever
05/09/2008, 6:21 PM
Any word on when its rescheduled for?

nothing yet for sure heard rumors of monday or tuesday

Youths4Ever
05/09/2008, 9:02 PM
game rescheduled for Tuesday 9th September at 8pm

Macy
08/09/2008, 1:12 PM
game rescheduled for Tuesday 9th September at 8pm
Did no one look at the forecast for tonight and tomorrow :eek:

Youths4Ever
09/09/2008, 8:02 AM
Did no one look at the forecast for tonight and tomorrow :eek:

don't think then did by the weather here this morning

RonnieB
09/09/2008, 9:01 PM
Two nil, three points thank ****.

Longfordian
09/09/2008, 9:02 PM
2-0 win, happy days. Three valuable points. I wonder was there any Longford people there?. Three more on Saturday would do nicely.

deecay
09/09/2008, 9:10 PM
What a win

Salmon Coloured
09/09/2008, 9:17 PM
Delighted with that. Almost went to the game but didnt leave work till late.

adamcarr
09/09/2008, 9:30 PM
How did Gints get on?

oldyouth
09/09/2008, 9:32 PM
We started very brightly and then................I don't want to talk about it, truely shocking

Longfordian
09/09/2008, 9:36 PM
How did Gints get on?

Didn't play, we're going to unleash him on Athlone..I think his clearance has yet to come through, I don't know though.

Rocky77
09/09/2008, 11:21 PM
I wonder was there any Longford people there?

I was one of about 6 Town fans present

Longfordian
09/09/2008, 11:41 PM
Fair do's. Judging by the report we rode our luck somewhat before scoring?. We'll take them any way they come. I haven't seen a win in the flesh in many weeks now!.

Rocky77
09/09/2008, 11:49 PM
Well it was easy enough for me being based in Dublin.

They should have been out of sight at half time. Gough got destroyed in the first half, Chucky wasn't hectic either. Good to see Bermingham back, he dealt well with Fat Arse Murphy. Stephen Brennan looked a little unorthodox but got the job done. Better strikers would have taken advantage tonight. McKenna's finish was class, bout 35 yards out I reckon.

Much better in the second half. Absorbed they're attacks well and cuased problems on the break. McKenna could have had a hat-trick and Doyle came close.

Overall, they probably deserved to win but I'm going to go ahead and ignore that :)

Longfordian
10/09/2008, 12:13 AM
Overall, they probably deserved to win but I'm going to go ahead and ignore that :)

Tsk, we've been suffering long enough to be unconcerned with what they deserved. Bermingham's a good prospect, we tend to look more solid when he plays. Nice to see McKenna rediscovering his shooting boots too after he misplaced them following the Shels game. Just hope Mr. Hyde doesn't resurface on Saturday.

Salmon Coloured
10/09/2008, 7:56 AM
Anyone know exactly how many goals McKenna has scored this season? Or does anyone have a link to all the Eircom leagues goalscorers stats this season so far? Also does anyone have a link to all the Eircom league goals scored this century? Also does anyone have a link to all the goals scored this century in World football?
Just this season will do folks thanks.

Youths4Ever
10/09/2008, 8:27 AM
Well it was easy enough for me being based in Dublin.

They should have been out of sight at half time. Gough got destroyed in the first half, Chucky wasn't hectic either. Good to see Bermingham back, he dealt well with Fat Arse Murphy. Stephen Brennan looked a little unorthodox but got the job done. Better strikers would have taken advantage tonight. McKenna's finish was class, bout 35 yards out I reckon.

Much better in the second half. Absorbed they're attacks well and cuased problems on the break. McKenna could have had a hat-trick and Doyle came close.

accurate account we need better strikers or at least to get Murphy off the pitch until he gets fit. one of the better strikers in our squad plays on the wing all the time noone really know why :confused:
we played well for first 40 mins or so in that time Longford where very poor but the goal settled Longford and seemed to take the fight out of our game.

Macy
10/09/2008, 8:31 AM
www.soccerbot.com for LoI goals this century, might have to go in to individual results to find out all the goalscorers.

Rocky77
10/09/2008, 2:03 PM
Actually, I was disappointed that everyone kept their shoes on for the entire game :(

Sniffer
10/09/2008, 6:58 PM
Anybody know who the ref was for this game; also first name of K. Butler who came on for Murphy in the second half? No further questions.

Battery Rover
10/09/2008, 7:11 PM
Referee according to the FAI release I got was K. Callanan

oldyouth
10/09/2008, 7:22 PM
We've suffered from that gobdaw before, ever since we sang 'Jolly Green Giant' to him previously. Big mistake as he obviously bears a grudge. The loon blows the whistle every time the ball gets too far ahead of where he is trying to get. He wasn't the reason we got beaten but last night but we've had him too often now, surely someone else's turn

Sniffer
10/09/2008, 7:41 PM
Anyone know exactly how many goals McKenna has scored this season? Or does anyone have a link to all the Eircom leagues goalscorers stats this season so far? Also does anyone have a link to all the Eircom league goals scored this century? Also does anyone have a link to all the goals scored this century in World football?
Just this season will do folks thanks.
http://www.walkthechalk.com/first.php?m=first

RonnieB
10/09/2008, 8:37 PM
Actually, I was disappointed that everyone kept their shoes on for the entire game :(

At future Longford matches a motion is being presented on removing ones trousers after a goal...

Longfordian
10/09/2008, 9:43 PM
At future Longford matches a motion is being presented on removing ones trousers after a goal...

A Longford goal obviously. Wouldn't want pneumonia setting in.

hollocaine
10/09/2008, 10:12 PM
Anyone know exactly how many goals McKenna has scored this season?

McKenna has now scored 8 goals in the league this season. For some reason, all the websites have him down for 7. Our goalscorers in the league:

McKenna 8
Murphy 3
Davoren 3
Lynch 2
Doyle,Rushe,Hardy,Douglas,Oladele,Brennan,Gough,Mu rray,B Kelly and Kelch each scored 1.

McKenna got our only goal in the cup also.

Youths4Ever
11/09/2008, 9:11 AM

On Tuesday night we had no reason to hopefully when to go to Longford we will able to obilige :D as we seem to play so much better away from home