PDA

View Full Version : Heavy metal and classical music

paul_oshea
05/09/2008, 8:52 AM
Often said this to people that in terms of popularity they both have their own set base, but not often people will break their traditions bar one song in every 100 that catches on. Anyway reading on the metro today a study that was conducted which said that fans of both have a lot in common particularly in terms of talent and creative ideas etc, very interesting that an arguement i always used without back up is actually true, so assumptions are correct :D:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1052606/Take-note-Fans-heavy-metal-classical-music-lot-common-study-finds.html

jebus
05/09/2008, 8:55 AM
:D:D:D

Read the line directly under the picture of Corey Taylor. Creative: Maybe, At Ease With Themselves: Debatable, Introverted: You Wha?

boovidge
05/09/2008, 1:13 PM
ha "metalheads favourite Corey Taylor"

Pauro 76
05/09/2008, 2:04 PM
Is Corey Taylor the growly dude or the one with the normal voice. Or both?

Monkfish
05/09/2008, 3:48 PM
Classic(al?)
http://i7.tinypic.com/6bc5spe.jpg

thischarmingman
07/09/2008, 9:07 AM
Classic(al?)
http://i7.tinypic.com/6bc5spe.jpg
That's exactly what I was going to post.

Great album. (For the most part) :)

Monkfish
07/09/2008, 11:37 AM
Great album. (For the most part) :)

It certainly is, however theres maybe one or two songs where its sounds silly?
(Battery & Enter Sandman IMO)

thischarmingman
07/09/2008, 3:12 PM
It certainly is, however theres maybe one or two songs where its sounds silly?
(Battery & Enter Sandman IMO)

Songs like Battery, Sandman, Fuel just have too much and end up overpowering the orchestra. Where it works though (Ktulu, Bell Tolls, Nothing Else Matter and Until It Sleeps for example), I think it's really good.

*runs off to start Metallica topic*

Pauro 76
08/09/2008, 9:48 AM
Great album. Metal and classical shouldnt work but that's a brilliant example of how two completely different genres can mix. Unlike metal and rap, say.

Jofspring
08/09/2008, 11:24 AM
Is Corey Taylor the growly dude or the one with the normal voice. Or both?

Corey Taylor does the screaming and signing. personally i think one of the best singing voices out there.

Pauro 76
08/09/2008, 11:35 AM
Corey Taylor does the screaming and signing. personally i think one of the best singing voices out there.

The new Slipknot album in most parts is pretty damn good.

Jofspring
08/09/2008, 11:48 AM
The new Slipknot album in most parts is pretty damn good.

i agree, some excellent songs. from heavy hitting metal to soft melodic acoustic songs. some poorer songs on it too but as a whole i think its a very good album. Corey Taylors voice is perfect for both the screaming verses to the melodic chorus's.

Pauro 76
08/09/2008, 11:55 AM
i agree, some excellent songs. from heavy hitting metal to soft melodic acoustic songs. some poorer songs on it too but as a whole i think its a very good album. Corey Taylors voice is perfect for both the screaming verses to the melodic chorus's.

'Dead Memories', 'All Hope Is Gone' and 'Killing Name' are fantastic. One of the better albums I've heard this year.

Jofspring
08/09/2008, 1:02 PM
'Dead Memories', 'All Hope Is Gone' and 'Killing Name' are fantastic. One of the better albums I've heard this year.

'physcosocial' and 'snuff' are two more very good songs. as good an album as any of their previous ones.

Monkfish
10/09/2008, 2:45 AM
'physcosocial'

Album is worth buying for this alone, not mad about 'snuff' but so far im happy with my purchase.
Great for driving to work.