PDA

View Full Version : Scandal

razor
22/09/2003, 8:15 AM
Paul McKeon is taking the league down to a level it may never recover from.
He obviously has a rule book of his own and does as he pleases whether it be right or wrong.
This man is evil and must be stopped.
I hope to God Pat Kelly saw the sham of a game that I saw last Friday night and proceeds to do something about it.

The keeper intentionally handled the ball outside the box, you could see it yourself he was only waiting for the red but it never came, players had the jerseys nearly pulled off them and were dragged to the ground but this mattered not to McKeon.
The arrogance of this little tw@t.
With referees these days its all about themselves and them trying to make a name.
1st half - A Bohs player is fouled on the edge of the box, advantage is played, Bohs score.
2nd half - A City player is fouled on the edge of the box,
another City player has the ball and is bearing down on goal, whistle is blown, no advantage.

Its a scandal, i was sickened to my stomach.
How this man can be then sent to referee a European game is beyond belief.

NorthoftheLee
22/09/2003, 8:30 AM
one word.....JACKEENED

the man is a muppet beyond all known levels ....... I'm not gonna dwell on it as it only makes me fĂșckin mad.......he has to be fired..if anybody in any other job showed that much incompetence then they would be fired on the spot........

Cityace
22/09/2003, 9:12 AM
Its not just Mckeon thats bringing down the standard of ref'n in the E.L. but he is a huge factor in it and i agree he shouldbe sacked, or worse yet, be made fourth official for all City games.Wouldnt Dolanio really get up his arse then!!!

bert
22/09/2003, 12:37 PM
Another rule that wasn't applied at all last Friday was the booking for kicking the ball away. This happened three or four times yet not one Bohs player was booked for it. Do these guys even know the rules?

joe
22/09/2003, 11:13 PM
well, he must be doing something right 'cos he's off to ref Ventspils V Rosenburg during the week

:rolleyes:

Shed End John
23/09/2003, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
if anybody in any other job showed that much incompetence then they would be fired on the spot........

Ah, but what about the current Government? :D :D
Seriously, though, I would have sought rofessional help to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me only 4,000 others saw the exact same s**t that I did. One word..........PATHETIC!!!:mad: :mad:

pete
24/09/2003, 10:52 AM
I'm not even going to start the dub thing but McKeon is undoubtedly the worst el ref i've seen in many a year. He is consistently so bad it amazes me he can get any international ref gig.

If you bring someone to an eL game that wouldn't see too many only then will you realise just how bad el refs are. And before someone suggest i signp as a ref - it takes enough of my time to travel around to city games without reffing matches as well.

(*) Why did the keeper get a yellow card for handling the ball outside the box? It was not a case of sliding out with the ball as the keeper knew he was stopping the attcker get the ball.

(*) Most annoying thing about McKeon is the way he never lets freekicks to be taken quickely even when the ball is on the correct place.

:rolleyes:

Ref
26/09/2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by pete
but McKeon is undoubtedly the worst el ref i've seen in many a year. He is consistently so bad it amazes me he can get any international ref gig.

he would be considered one of the best in the country at the moment.

whether you agree or not is irrelevant. FAI referees assessors are at every game and Paul McKeon would also be watched by an assessor sent to Ireland by FIFA because he is one of our four FIFA Referees in this country.

he has been a FIFA Referee Since 1999 and whatever you want to say about the FAI if FIFA didn't think he was good enogh then they'd take him off the panel which does frequently happen.

FIFA haven't done that and he took charge of a UEFA Cup game only a few weeks ago.

And before someone suggest i signup as a ref - it takes enough of my time to travel around to city games without reffing matches as well.

you could do one game on a saturday morning pete.

for the good of the game.

in fact you could always just do the course and be able to watch cork city games in a much different light.

(*) Why did the keeper get a yellow card for handling the ball outside the box? It was not a case of sliding out with the ball as the keeper knew he was stopping the attcker get the ball.

to send him off the referee would have had to decided that the goal keeper denied the cork city player an obvious goal scoring opportunity - which he didn't.

emphasis on OBVIOUS.

i'd import images from the Laws of the Game which would easily explain my point but i don't think thats allowed.

trust me on this one, he got it right.

everything else above

rose-tinted glasses lads.

go watch a game that doesn't involve cork city and tell me what you think of referees then.

cityace's emails

cityace,

whilst i do appreciate that you are not happy with the referees performance, the FAI aren't going to listen to you. you're only wasting your time.

the FAI have assessors at every game who report back to them with their assessment of every referees performance.

these peope are vastly experienced referees, are impartial and are paid to do their job.

pete
26/09/2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ref
...these peope are vastly experienced referees, are impartial and are paid to do their job.

Would almost be better if McKeon was biased. I still stand by my opinion that McKeon worst in the league. Biggest difference i've noticed with foreign refs in Ireland for euro club games is that they allow the game to flow whereas eL refs seem to blow the whistle too much while at the same time not giving enough yellow & red cards.

;)

razor
26/09/2003, 12:34 PM
There was too many inconsistencies from McKeon.
He played advantage for Bohs and then not for us,
He failed to punish the shirt pulling, the blatant dragging of players to the ground and the kicking the ball away.
I'm sorry but Stevie Wonder would have seen more than he did last Friday night.

Originally posted by Ref
whilst i do appreciate that you are not happy with the referees performance, the FAI aren't going to listen to you. you're only wasting your time.

And of course also with that attitude by the FAI tis a wonder they are the laughing stock they are.

Its like having Judge Dredd in a pair of shorts.
"Who do you think you are , you mere mortal, to question the opinion of a referee ?"

Maybe we should write to FIFA. ;)

niamh
26/09/2003, 3:19 PM
Would almost be better if McKeon was biased. I still stand by my opinion that McKeon worst in the league. Biggest difference i've noticed with foreign refs in Ireland for euro club games is that they allow the game to flow whereas eL refs seem to blow the whistle too much while at the same time not giving enough yellow & red cards.

;)

I was talking to a Leinester league ref awhile back who said the advantage rule was only asking for trouble.