PDA

View Full Version : Rovers and C.R.I.B. Partnership

sligoman
04/09/2008, 11:12 AM
Rovers Press Release:

The C.R.I.B. Youth Project & Health Café in conjunction with Sligo Rovers and Sligo Sport & Recreation Partnership will be running a Saturday Night Soccer Group from September to November 2008.

A ten week programme, beginning September 13th until the 22nd of November, will be facilitated by a C.R.I.B. Project Worker Players with Coaches from Sligo Rovers. The group will run from 6:30-8:30pm in the well equipped Diocese owned premises of the C.R.I.B. The programme will finish with a 5 a side blitz, held at Sligo Rovers Show Grounds.

The group is open to all young people, both male and female, aged between 13 and 16 years of age who wish to participate. Places are limited so if interested please contact either Sinead or Karina at the C.R.I.B. Youth Project at 071-9146526, email crib@foroige.ie or simply call in.

Keith O’ Dwyer, Club Promotions Officer with Sligo Rovers stated that “this is a scheme that we were honoured to get involved with. C.R.I.B. do great work in the community and they're an organisation that we are delighted to be associated with. As a community owned club we are very aware of our social responsibility and as such this scheme has the backing of everyone at the club including Paul Cook and his players who will be coaching the participants. This scheme is also a continuation of the great working relationship that we have with Sligo Sports Partnership."

Community Sport Development Officer, Diane Middleton said “Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership is delighted to be working in partnership with the C.R.I.B. and Sligo Rovers Football Club to provide a football coaching programme for youth. This is a valuable opportunity to develop a strong club/community link, and use football to promote fitness, healthy living and social skills, as well as building self-esteem through teamwork”.

Foroige would like to encourage adults from the community who have an interest in sport and working with young people to volunteer and to get involved in this initiative. As a volunteer your role would be to facilitate, guide and mentor the young people with the support of staff. If this is of interest to you, whether you can give 1 / 2 hours a month or 2 hours on a weekly basis we are interested in hearing from you; please contact Sinead or Karina at the C.R.I.B. on 071-9146526.

All volunteers will go through an intake process and take part in induction, training and support.