PDA

View Full Version : Gints Freimanis

Rocky77
02/09/2008, 9:05 PM
I'm really excited aboutthis guy, should bring a touch of class to proceedings.

He needs a song. Any thought?

pete
02/09/2008, 9:36 PM
Is he the same guy was on trial with us?

Couldn't afford to offer him a contract...

Longfordian
02/09/2008, 9:37 PM
Hadn't realised he'd signed to be honest 'til I read the other thread. Remember reading he had a brother in Longford on some of the Cork sites so it obviously is handy for him. Can't imagine we're paying him much.

adamcarr
02/09/2008, 10:03 PM
Mathews was really excited about tis fella and really wanted to sign him but there were no funds. I have a feeling he may be using ye as a shop window.

Rocky77
02/09/2008, 10:05 PM
Hadn't realised he'd signed to be honest 'til I read the other thread. Remember reading he had a brother in Longford on some of the Cork sites so it obviously is handy for him. Can't imagine we're paying him much.

I'd say Alan still intends to get him next year if the ship steadies so probably tipped Aaron off to his availability in the short-term. If he's set on staying here and playing for a Prem club he's probably willing to take the hit ofr three months for the sake of the bigger picture.

Longfordian
02/09/2008, 10:11 PM
Sounds like it could work to everyone's advantage so. We get the use of him for a few months, he gets games and Cork can have him for next year. If he's that good we wouldn't be able to keep him anyway plus Cork had him lined up first really. I now await his spectacular debut in Wexford!.

TheBoss
02/09/2008, 10:17 PM
He played against Bohs in the intertoto

RonnieB
03/09/2008, 7:08 AM
Jesus, this was an unexpected piece of news. Hopefully he can help turn things around for us... and hopefully a few players learn how to jump...

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 7:47 AM
If anyone manages to make a chant about this guy, they deserve a medal!

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 7:54 AM
OK first attempt at a chant. I think he's pronounced as in the song but correct me if im wrong.

(To the tune of We Are Family)

Gints Fremanis.
He's hating Athlone like me.

And that's it.

RonnieB
03/09/2008, 8:11 AM
Ohh Gints Fremanis is magic, he wears a magic hat...
And when he was saw the Longford he sorta fancied that,
He couldnt play for cork as Arkagas finances are ****e...
He plays for longford town as their ****ing dynamite...

I will get me coat.

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 9:07 AM
Ohh Gints Fremanis is magic, he wears a magic hat...
And when he was saw the Longford he sorta fancied that,
He couldnt play for cork as Arkagas finances are ****e...
He plays for longford town as their ****ing dynamite...

I will get me coat.

Like it, a tad wordy though! :D

Don't blame it on the good times.
Blame it on the Bucky.

hollocaine
03/09/2008, 10:03 AM
He has to get international clearance if he is to play against Wexford according to the article in the News. It's all a bit ridiculous though bringing him in considering the backroom staff (who have been with us all year) haven't been paid in weeks. No doubt this Latvian lad will get his money for his little 10-week nixer with us. Aaron has been treated poorly by the committee and fair play to him for bringing it up in the local media.

On the other hand it's fair to say Freimanis will probably knock some life into our midfield which has been dreadful all year. Rushe, Harte, Doyle and Hardy have all had more than enough game time at central midfield and have brought nothing to the cause.

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 10:10 AM
He has to get international clearance if he is to play against Wexford according to the article in the News. It's all a bit ridiculous though bringing him in considering the backroom staff (who have been with us all year) haven't been paid in weeks. No doubt this Latvian lad will get his money for his little 10-week nixer with us. Aaron has been treated poorly by the committee and fair play to him for bringing it up in the local media.

On the other hand it's fair to say Freimanis will probably knock some life into our midfield which has been dreadful all year. Rushe, Harte, Doyle and Hardy have all had more than enough game time at central midfield and have brought nothing to the cause.

What was the gist of Aaron's interview?

Rocky77
03/09/2008, 10:47 AM
Aaron has been treated poorly by the committee

I agree

Rocky77
03/09/2008, 11:03 AM
Here's our boy, No. 14 at about 1:36

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2398913.smil

Is there much of a Latvian community in the county at the moment? Could help add to the gate

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 11:32 AM
http://lat.worldfootball.net/spieler_profil/gints-freimanis/1/

It's a shop window move. But glad we're the shop window.

hollocaine
03/09/2008, 11:40 AM
According to the interview in the News, Aaron stated that things were going reasonably well until the end of June. Then players weren't getting paid every week (Davoren was allowed leave for nothing cos of this) and it appears the backroom team haven't been paid at all since then. Arguments on the training pitch with players he says were more likely to be about the non-payment of wages as opposed to tactics. Also he said there was a problem with the training base and that "the base we did have we weren't allowed to go back into it". I'm assuming this means the Mall.

He goes on to say that he put a lot of time into managing the team and had been working behind the scenes to arrange a friendly match in the future (which he has nearly finalised).

The overall message from the interviews in the News and the Leader is "the lack of respect" he received from the club and that he was working under the budget to what he was originally promised.

kevincronin2000
03/09/2008, 11:51 AM
I had the pleasure of driving this lad to the bus station to get the bus to longford, I think he told me he had a brother living in longford, top class guy and a very good player from what ski told me, while he was training with city.

sligoman
03/09/2008, 11:58 AM
Is he a Latvian international?

Rocky77
03/09/2008, 12:02 PM
Don't think so. He's easily our most bizarre signing ever already though :)

hollocaine
03/09/2008, 12:08 PM
Signing confirmed:

http://ltfc.ie/news/article/?id=3289e7d4-8811-44d9-bd31-283ae0b7f5bb

I'd have to go for Sinisa Savic as our most bizarre signing ever. He even had his own website!

sparkey
03/09/2008, 12:09 PM
Don't think so. He's easily our most bizarre signing ever already though :)

I think Sini Savic still holds that title. The little self publicist striker who had his own personal career highlights website:)

hollocaine
03/09/2008, 12:10 PM
Haha! Beat ya to it!

sparkey
03/09/2008, 12:10 PM
AH sh1te Hollocaine bet me to it as I was typing out my post.:rolleyes:

sparkey
03/09/2008, 12:11 PM
Haha! Beat ya to it!

And again!!!!

Longfordian
03/09/2008, 12:25 PM
I think Sini Savic still holds that title. The little self publicist striker who had his own personal career highlights website:)

Ah Sini, the man who wanted crowds photoshopped into photos taken at Under 21 games. I remember one fateful evening in Tolka when we were playing Shels and the bould Sini wasn't picked, he spent the game 'canoodling' with his bird in the stand, barely even looked at the match once. Town legend.

RonnieB
03/09/2008, 12:27 PM
Then players weren't getting paid every week

Same ****, different season :(

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 12:43 PM
Ah Sini, the man who wanted crowds photoshopped into photos taken at Under 21 games. I remember one fateful evening in Tolka when we were playing Shels and the bould Sini wasn't picked, he spent the game 'canoodling' with his bird in the stand, barely even looked at the match once. Town legend.

http://foot.ie/archive/index.php/t-20592.html

Another Lithuanian midfielder we were linked with.. Tomas Daumantas. Can anyone find Sini Savic's website, fancy a good laugh.

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/graduation/summer08/index_1216F73740014E5EBDC691F3C0F8780A.htm

This can't be him surely. 'Professional footballer and world citizen'. Sounds just like the man himself.

Longfordian
03/09/2008, 12:59 PM
That's the very buachaill. Business whizz eh? Some of the stories I heard about his time in Barnsley a few years ago certainly demonstrate initiative. Maybe a little ethically questionable however.

Pauro 76
03/09/2008, 1:08 PM
"At Leeds Met there are almost too many opportunities to take advantage of"

Anything to do with this ya reckon?

Longfordian
03/09/2008, 1:15 PM
He certainly took advantage of more opportunities off the pitch than on it by the sounds of things.

Massop 10
03/09/2008, 2:20 PM
Sini was some man for one man, many a good night in Blue when he was out with us ! In one word "LEGEND"

micls
03/09/2008, 2:55 PM
Our players thought he was absolutely quality in training anyway. Could be a great signing for ye

Longfordian
03/09/2008, 3:03 PM
Wouldn't be too hard to stand out in our current team so if he can generate a few exciting performances then happy days.

Martinho II
03/09/2008, 9:28 PM
after the season we have had absolutely delighted with the signing... we will soon see how good he is? any bohs fans care to comment on him from their adventures in latvia??:)

Martinho II
03/09/2008, 9:29 PM
OK first attempt at a chant. I think he's pronounced as in the song but correct me if im wrong.

(To the tune of We Are Family)

Gints Fremanis.
He's hating Athlone like me.

And that's it.

not bad but ronnies wins! the odd tweak and its on the terraces!!:cool:

RonnieB
18/09/2008, 12:12 PM
So then he did not play last week. Are the stories of him not being registered in time true then or is there some other reason?

Rocky77
19/09/2008, 1:43 PM
Basic error on the club's part.

He was signed, but outside the window meaning he couldn't play. That's under the League's regulations.

However, under EU Law, he cannot be denied the opportunity to work. Technically, the club could appeal and they would be likely to win but it would take 3-4 months so there wouldn't be any point.

adamcarr
19/09/2008, 2:20 PM
Basic error on the club's part.

He was signed, but outside the window meaning he couldn't play. That's under the League's regulations.

However, under EU Law, he cannot be denied the opportunity to work. Technically, the club could appeal and they would be likely to win but it would take 3-4 months so there wouldn't be any point.

Id say we'll probably sign him pre-season so now that our finacial situation is better. Mathews and the players were very impressed.

Rocky77
19/09/2008, 2:27 PM
He will definietly be a Cork City player next season. He may even be back training with ye before the end of this season.