View Full Version : Team for Longford ?

yiddo
21/09/2003, 11:45 AM
Here is my team for Longford.

Devine
Hoggie,D.Murray,Bennett,Woods
Doyle,Greg,Colin T, Kearney
CP & George

Its time to bring Benno back in and get the partnership going again with Dan. Behan isnt doing it at the moment and CP deserves his chance up front. Kearney to start ahead of Casey is a no brainer after the other night. I have my doubts about Kearneys physical ability to play in this league but you can't doubt his ability on the ball. Casey was very poor against UCD and again the other night. Time for a spell on the bench or maybe a trip to Queenstown for Mr Casey ;)

RedX
21/09/2003, 12:07 PM
Colin P is a young guy and has a lot to learn.From what i have seen of him in the last couple of seasons he is definetly not ready to be starting games with City.He is a strong lad but his lack of pace does not hurt many defenses.He is a handy player for the last 10 or 15 mins of a game if City need more strenght up front just for now.If he does not show more improvement he will be lucky to get a new contract.You can doubt me all you like but there are a lot of Colin P's in Cork and i reckon City can do a lot better.It really is time for some fans on here to be more honest in there opinions of players that can help us win this league over the next 2 or 3 years...

niamh
21/09/2003, 2:29 PM
Behan has had several chances at starting for City and I don't think he adds anything up front.
If Dolan doesn't like Colin P or think he is gud enough then more players have to be found.
I've Colin P play well and he deserves longer run outs than he is getting. No one can change a match in five mins + injury time.

yiddo
21/09/2003, 5:25 PM
Red X wrote

"Colin P is a young guy with a lot to learn"

Agreed and he's not going to learn it sitting on the bench and getting 10 minutes now and again. He may or may not be the answer in the long term but for Tuesday night in Longford its him or Behan to start. Now Behan has had a few games and I'm not condeming him but hasn't taken his chance.
If CP doesn't make it with City let it be because he wasn't good enough to take his chance and not because he didn't get a fair chance.

thecorner
22/09/2003, 1:23 AM
Originally posted by RedX
Colin P is a young guy and has a lot to learn.From what i have seen of him in the last couple of seasons he is definetly not ready to be starting games with City.He is a strong lad but his lack of pace does not hurt many defenses.He is a handy player for the last 10 or 15 mins of a game if City need more strenght up front just for now.If he does not show more improvement he will be lucky to get a new contract.You can doubt me all you like but there are a lot of Colin P's in Cork and i reckon City can do a lot better.It really is time for some fans on here to be more honest in there opinions of players that can help us win this league over the next 2 or 3 years...

wasnt flyyny young when he got his chance at city

throw colin p in there

the old saying, if ur good enough,ur old enough

bert
22/09/2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by yiddo
Here is my team for Longford.

Devine
Hoggie,D.Murray,Bennett,Woods
Doyle,Greg,Colin T, Kearney
CP & George

;)

I'd leave Kevin Murray in defence and play Bennett centre midfield in place of Greg. Sure Greg is City to the bone but he's just not doing it lately and is lucky to be getting his place.

curts82
22/09/2003, 1:20 PM
Devine
Murray Murray D Derek
Woodsie Greg George Benneth Keanery
Flynnie(When hes back) Doyle CP

3-5-2 City played well the other night. Wit Greg and Benneth in Midfield leave George alone to do what he can do. Doyle has to be put up front.

NorthoftheLee
22/09/2003, 2:12 PM
Devine
Murray Murray D Derek
Woodsie Greg George Benneth Keanery
Flynnie(When hes back) Doyle CP

Eh?? Woodsie on the right?? Where's Colin T?? Can't see that happening myself to be honest...

I'd go along the lines of..

--------------Devine----------------
Hoggie--Murrray-Bennett---Billy
Greg--Colin T--George--Kearney
--------Doyle-------Colin P--------

Subs: Derek; K Murray; Behan; Casey; Carey

golly
22/09/2003, 4:34 PM
ill go for

devine
hoggie dan k murray woods
doyle bennet ct o brien kearney