PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Match Odds

davey
02/09/2008, 12:14 PM
Paddy Power are offering 4/6 an Ireland win and Georgia 9-2. This seems very stingy:eek: Anyone seen anything better ??

youngirish
02/09/2008, 12:19 PM
Paddy Power are offering 4/6 an Ireland win and Georgia 9-2. This seems very stingy:eek: Anyone seen anything better ??

Here are the odds:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/world-cup/georgia-v-ireland/win-market

davey
02/09/2008, 12:43 PM
Cheers ! Nothing very generous there. The fact that its on neutral ground seems to have made the bookies err on the side of caution. Don't see us as that big a favourite myself. Wonder what the odds would have been in Tblisi?

ifk101
02/09/2008, 12:49 PM
IMO we have a 60% chance of beating Georgia so odds of 4/6 are about right. If the match was to be played in Georgia I'd be expecting odds somewhere between evens and 6/5.

bennocelt
02/09/2008, 3:07 PM
IMO we have a 60% chance of beating Georgia so odds of 4/6 are about right. If the match was to be played in Georgia I'd be expecting odds somewhere between evens and 6/5.

Just curious, how did you come up with 60%?:)

finnpark
02/09/2008, 4:14 PM
Ireland will beat Georgia. Anyone with sense will realise this.

bennocelt
02/09/2008, 5:52 PM

See you over in the betting thread then later!!!:);)

eirebhoy
02/09/2008, 5:52 PM
Just curious, how did you come up with 60%?:)
How did Paddy Power come up with these percentages/odds? ;) The most successful gamblers will be just as good as, or better than, the bookies at predicting these percentages so as to exploit their odds. In the long run it's the only way to win.

bennocelt
02/09/2008, 6:14 PM
How did Paddy Power come up with these percentages/odds? ;) The most successful gamblers will be just as good as, or better than, the bookies at predicting these percentages so as to exploit their odds. In the long run it's the only way to win.

jesus man I know that:cool:
just i wouldnt give ireland a 60% percent of a chance, considering the last campaign

TheBoss
02/09/2008, 9:54 PM
I think it is fair, the pitch is an away game for both teams, the majority of the crowd will be Irish and in effect it is a home game for Ireland.

sparkey
04/09/2008, 1:50 PM

I hope the players realise this.....Then again footballers, sense, you dont often see those two words in a sentence together, do you?:p

finnpark
08/09/2008, 4:25 PM
I hope the players realise this.....Then again footballers, sense, you dont often see those two words in a sentence together, do you?:p

Easy ;)

England should beat Croatia and Rooney to score. What odds would I get on this, around 10/1 I think? :confused: