PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Drogheda

The Donie Forde
20/09/2003, 4:16 PM
Anyone planning on going to this match next month please note that it has been changed from Saturday 18 October at 5pm to Friday 17 October at 8pm.

Donie

Counting Crow
21/09/2003, 9:27 AM
Just a few questions re this game.......

.... how far is it to Drogheda ( is it the same distance as from Drogheda to Cork )?

.... will the traffic be bad on the way up?

.... will we be able to stop for some grub on the way up?

.... what time should we leave at - 9am, 11am, 3am or a half an hour before kick off ( if we drive really fast we might make kick off )?

.... should we really believe that the game is changed to another date or should we pretend not to have heard and act surprised right up to the last minute?

;)

joe
21/09/2003, 10:36 AM
on a saturday/sunday drogheda is less than an hour past dublin, and i think the trip was made in less than 5 hours from cork any time i travelled, but on a friday evening who knows? Getting from the N7 to the M1 is probably going to be a nightmare, though i hear bertie opened the second west-link bridge today

niamh
21/09/2003, 2:34 PM
Getting from my place of ex-residence, it can take anything from an hour to 2-3 hours to get to Drogland, on a Friday afternoon with traffic. If it is raining, it adds volumes of traffic.
Avoid Dublin at all costs, take the link road to airport. You'll meet traffic no matter which way you go tho.