PDA

View Full Version : Tonite's Echo...

Gerry Desmond
07/09/2001, 3:53 PM
...says wee Jamesie is out against Pats! :(

Gerry

Peadar
07/09/2001, 4:07 PM
The way he was taken out of it by the Dundalk keeper last Sunday. I was in a great position to see the little knacker try to break Mully's ankle and Dope McKeon waved play on.

pete
07/09/2001, 4:48 PM
From where I was looked like Jamsie took a dive (either that or a peno or of course keepr off & free kick ouside box) but when say on news that evening DID look like Jamsie taken out of it.

For all my posts saying Tynan not GOD maybe play him upfront tonight?

Either way City badly need at least a point tonight & have to getta win very soon!!!

Daniel McD
07/09/2001, 5:46 PM
Well I had the perfect view and poor lil Jamesies tripped over the ball ...

A bit of a let off for us ..but Connolly didn't touch him, thats for sure

Citymark
07/09/2001, 7:09 PM
I was sitting on Derrynane Rd side, almost level with 18yrd line and it looked as if Jimmy was taken out. I don't think it was malicous but goalie sure wasn't letting him get past.

Peadar
07/09/2001, 7:23 PM
I was sitting on the pitch behind the goal and saw it clearly. He was taken out.
Hopefully I have a picture to prove it.

joe
08/09/2001, 10:17 AM
From what I saw, he stood on the ball and stumbled onwards before colliding with the outstretched leg of the keeper, which was then obviously nowhere near the ball!

Gerry Desmond
08/09/2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by joe
From what I saw, he stood on the ball and stumbled onwards before colliding with the outstretched leg of the keeper, which was then obviously nowhere near the ball!

You left a career as a barrister for the defence behind you, Joe! :D

Gerry