PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Crowd last night

Neil
20/09/2003, 3:32 PM
Pathetic travelling crowd once again from one of the Dub teams. there couldn't have been more than 80-100. For a club that have an occasional trip outside of the Pale it's a joke.

City officially now have the biggest home and away support.

see ye in Longford Tuesday...

Pat MacGroyne
20/09/2003, 3:37 PM
Id love to go to Longford but apparently you cant skip your uncles wedding for football even though he wants to go too!!!!

Colm
21/09/2003, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Pathetic travelling crowd once again from one of the Dub teams. there couldn't have been more than 80-100. For a club that have an occasional trip outside of the Pale it's a joke.

And the thing is they will still have the nerve to go on and on about our away support and how bad it is etc etc etc!:rolleyes:

niamh
21/09/2003, 6:35 PM
They weren't even very loud. Couldn't hear them at all.

NorthoftheLee
22/09/2003, 8:24 AM
Small crowd and they were very quiet indeed...came to life for a while when they went 2-0 up......but only for a while.....

that said, the shed was terrible last night.......what was the story like?.....seemed that the place was full of St Annes Heads or something. Very frustrating trying to get the noise level up....!!Was it just the weather like??

Dodge
22/09/2003, 8:47 AM
Originally posted by Colm
And the thing is they will still have the nerve to go on and on about our away support and how bad it is etc etc etc!:rolleyes:
In fairness none of the Dub clubs ever go on about crowds, in fact only one club in the league goes on (and on and on and on) about crowds.

There's still no way you're the biggest away support though

Neil
22/09/2003, 9:25 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
In fairness none of the Dub clubs ever go on about crowds, in fact only one club in the league goes on (and on and on and on) about crowds.

:rolleyes:

Baffling.

Like talking to the wall.

Dodge
22/09/2003, 9:47 AM
:rolleyes:

Baffling.

Like talking to the wall.
Elaborate please

bert
22/09/2003, 12:33 PM
I know I'm sick of seeing Dubs coming on here and other forums slagging off City's away support. Having been to quite a few of City's away games this season, City's away support compares quite favourably with any other teams. One fact that is highlighted however is the pathetic support the Dublin clubs have when there isn't a Dublin derby on.

curts82
22/09/2003, 1:23 PM
I felt Bohs fans made more noise than the city fans did Friday night. They had a few good songs bout the Homeless Scum to.

Pat MacGroyne
22/09/2003, 1:37 PM
I heard a couple of bohs chants but due to sheer lack of numbers I doubt many others did as well. There were 3 or 4 about the Rovers

ccfc till i die
22/09/2003, 1:43 PM

Maybe pats don't go on about them but have you heard shamrock rovers fans, sweet suffering jesus they are boring.
They were telling us for months in advance about how they were going to bring 300-400 fans to the cross and when match day came around there was barely 100.

BTW the whole away support ******** that the dubs go on with was mentioned in the pats programme last time I was up (earlier this year)

Cityace
22/09/2003, 2:42 PM

eh.......in a word........gwaanaawaayyaalaanger.

patsh
22/09/2003, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by curts82
I felt Bohs fans made more noise than the city fans did Friday night. They had a few good songs bout the Homeless Scum to.
curts you are still whinging on and on about City. Do yourself a favour and support Queenstown. Then your endless negativity towards City would be slightly understandable........:rolleyes:

Eric
22/09/2003, 5:21 PM
In fairness to the bohs fans the other night you could actually hear them in the Shed, couldn't exactly make out what they were singing but they could be heard

curts82
23/09/2003, 8:11 AM
Originally posted by Eric
In fairness to the bohs fans the other night you could actually hear them in the Shed, couldn't exactly make out what they were singing but they could be heard

And I was up by the bohs fans and you couldn't hear the shed. My negative view of city???? There is ****-all postive about them.
Queenstown?? Thats the view of the British, Its Cobh

Ultan
23/09/2003, 9:04 AM
No club on this island can proudly talk about their attendances. In a supposed soccer mad country the puny amounts that go to games here is a disgrace. Saying "we're a bit less worse then you" is nothing to go on about...

patsh
23/09/2003, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by curts82
My negative view of city???? There is ****-all postive about them.
Queenstown?? Thats the view of the British, Its Cobh
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pete
24/09/2003, 11:05 AM
Whatever about numbers Pats & Rovers fans have made more noise than Bohs at the corss this season.

d13bohs
24/09/2003, 11:09 PM
Thats true, there was no noise from the shed, there was a minute's silence when we walked in but I think they didn't hear the whistle ending it in the shed. We had between 100-120, not great but thats what we normally bring to Cork, we made noise for the whole game and had a great time. I have yet to see Cork City bring more than 100-120 despite what a lot of you seem to think, when you add in how many Cork people are working/studying in Dublin its nothing to boast about

d13bohs
24/09/2003, 11:11 PM
Sh1t, replied to Eric's post before I saw that there was a second page:o

pete
25/09/2003, 8:51 AM
Originally posted by d13bohs
...when you add in how many Cork people are working/studying in Dublin its nothing to boast about

Not as many city fans (as opposed to Corkonians) as you think living in Dublin now.

Neil
25/09/2003, 9:58 AM
Thats true, there was no noise from the shed, there was a minute's silence when we walked in but I think they didn't hear the whistle ending it in the shed. We had between 100-120, not great but thats what we normally bring to Cork, we made noise for the whole game and had a great time. I have yet to see Cork City bring more than 100-120 despite what a lot of you seem to think, when you add in how many Cork people are working/studying in Dublin its nothing to boast about
Consider the fact that City fans are up to Dublin every other week and it's a lot more impressive that City get 120 than it is for Bohs (who have a handfull of real away games in a season).

Dodge
25/09/2003, 11:40 AM
Still haven't answered me Neil, bit its Ok I didn't expect you to...

ccfc till i die
25/09/2003, 2:25 PM

There really are not a significant number of City fans in Dublin. When I was at dalymount earlier in the year the City support was understandably small as it was a Monday night, there was about 50 of us at the most.
Out of that 50 there was about 25/30 who I recognised from either other away games or the shed or whatever, therefore meaning they live in cork. The amount of City supporters actually living in Dublin would be about 20/25 at the most. It being a Monday night would not affect the attendance of people living in Dublin.

Neil
25/09/2003, 5:57 PM
Elaborate please

As I said - it's like talking to the wall. Ye just can't get a grasp on the difference between there being 120 Bohs/Pats/Shams fans at an away game in Cork and 120 City fans at an away game in Dublin. Try travelling 150 miles EVERY other week and you'll realise why Cork City away support (along with Derry City's) is easily the best.

Dodge
26/09/2003, 8:27 AM
As I said - it's like talking to the wall. Ye just can't get a grasp on the difference between there being 120 Bohs/Pats/Shams fans at an away game in Cork and 120 City fans at an away game in Dublin. Try travelling 150 miles EVERY other week and you'll realise why Cork City away support (along with Derry City's) is easily the best.
Yeah and on that banging the head against the wall...

You brought about 60 to Richmond. Don't know about the other games but I remember Shels fans (of all people) saying you brought something similar.

One of your own lads above still reckons that half your away crowd lives in Dublin. So really that leaves 30 of you travelling.

Now fair play to you making the trip but stop talking ****e about your crowds

Neil
26/09/2003, 11:19 AM
You brought about 60 to Richmond.
I presume you're talking aboput the monday night game in the Mickey mouse Cup? Because there was over 200 at the League game in June. 60 at a Monday night game when you're up and down to Dublin every other week is better than 100 odd Pats at the Cross when it's a bi-annual trip. You seem like an intelligent person... Why can't you get your head around this one?

NorthoftheLee
26/09/2003, 11:25 AM
You brought about 60 to Richmond. Don't know about the other games but I remember Shels fans (of all people) saying you brought something similar.

One of your own lads above still reckons that half your away crowd lives in Dublin. So really that leaves 30 of you travelling.

about 25/30 who I recognised from either other away games or the shed or whatever

there are plenty of people who sit in the Donie and the Derynane that travel too..Just because CTID didnt recognise them doesn't mean they live in Dublin...Id say there's about 10-15 at most who go to teh away games who actually live in Dublin,

At Richmond on a Monday night ....60 aint bad.....when we played you there in teh league there was prob around 150..

the shels game on a thursday, there were about 100 city fans there.....and sbout 900 shels fans

Dodge
26/09/2003, 1:03 PM
I presume you're talking aboput the monday night game in the Mickey mouse Cup? Because there was over 200 at the League game in June. 60 at a Monday night game when you're up and down to Dublin every other week is better than 100 odd Pats at the Cross when it's a bi-annual trip. You seem like an intelligent person... Why can't you get your head around this one?
because you're either a) a liar b) a complete bull****ter or c)a wind up artist.

If you think those are the figures for your crowd in Richmond, there's no point in going any further.

ccfc till i die
26/09/2003, 1:12 PM
I have no idea about the league cup game, I wasn't there. However I was at the league game and there was EASILY 150 if not more. Not all of these were standing up/singing so even I didn't realise how many there were until we scored in the last minute.

patsh
26/09/2003, 4:09 PM
There were at least 200 at the league game in June.
Don't waste your time, lads, it's pointless trying to have any sort of "debate" with Dodge. Its a FACT that he knows no more or less than anyone else here, but in the small little world of a shed end invisible, having a big flag makes you "important". If you travel to Cork, Waterford, Derry and Longford twice you get a medal, a hug and an honorary chip on your shoulder from Private Collins and the little family army from Inchicore.
After all thats EIGHT whole trips that take more than an hour....:eek:
:p

A face
26/09/2003, 6:06 PM
because you're either a) a liar b) a complete bull****ter or c)a wind up artist.

If you think those are the figures for your crowd in Richmond, there's no point in going any further.

Dodge ... You are so petty at times it is beyond belief. Does it matter that much to you, seriously man. You'd start an argument in an empty room. Chill the fcuk out !!

Neil
27/09/2003, 9:39 AM
Originally posted by A face
Dodge You'd start an argument in an empty room.
I heard that Dodge in fact did once get in an arguement when in a room with nobody...

Well when I say "nobody" I mean Enda Collins...

niamh
27/09/2003, 12:16 PM
Enda who??
:D