PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie beers?! Mainz sat 6th.

Pages : [1] 2

RonnieB
01/09/2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone fancy nominating a venue and a good old fashioned foot.ie meetup?

Lionel Ritchie
02/09/2008, 7:39 AM
I'd love to catch up with some of ye folks though it'll be after 3 when we get into town I'd say. Flying into Weeze that morning and driving down

Dotsy
02/09/2008, 8:19 AM
Definitely up for this. Three of us arriving Hahn at 11:00am on Sat and have to get round to the Mainz Ticket Office sharpish to try to get tickets first.

02/09/2008, 9:16 AM
Definitely up for this. Three of us arriving Hahn at 11:00am on Sat and have to get round to the Mainz Ticket Office sharpish to try to get tickets first.

There should be no problem getting tickets outside the ground right??

Sligo Hornet
02/09/2008, 9:50 AM
This looks a decent enough "starting point"

http://www.theporterhouse.de/

NeilMcD
02/09/2008, 9:53 AM
Yeah Saturday is a good day as Macedonia are playing Scotland at 1pm too and then on Sunday the All Ireland final is on also. I think there is also an Ireland match on, so I think I may have a few beers.

Sligo Hornet
02/09/2008, 9:55 AM
And move on to here?

http://www.eisgrub.de/deu/frameset.htm

NeilMcD
02/09/2008, 9:55 AM
I like your style.

http://photos.theporterhouse.de/goodbyesonja/target2.html

http://photos.theporterhouse.de/goodbyesonja/target5.html

Sligo Hornet
02/09/2008, 9:57 AM
I like your style.

http://photos.theporterhouse.de/goodbyesonja/target2.html

http://photos.theporterhouse.de/goodbyesonja/target5.html

I hadn't spotted that!!

only ruined by the prat in the England cricket shirt!:D

paul_oshea
02/09/2008, 10:11 AM
ya def up for it. ronnie would be good to put a face to the name given our relative home proximity.

anytime i have tried to help plan these though, i have very rarely met anyone given the fact i go round like dom jolly saying htis like "are you moscow mule?" :D

SH will ye remember what we look like this time, given your sobriety when we meet?! :D

Sligo Hornet
02/09/2008, 10:36 AM
ya def up for it. ronnie would be good to put a face to the name given our relative home proximity.

anytime i have tried to help plan these though, i have very rarely met anyone given the fact i go round like dom jolly saying htis like "are you moscow mule?" :D

SH will ye remember what we look like this time, given your sobriety when we meet?! :D

I'll remember ya paul no worries........I only ever have problems remembering my own name....that's why it's on the back of my shirt!;)

RonnieB
02/09/2008, 12:42 PM
Say the porterhouse then around 9am?! or a more realistic time maybe 12ish? Next question is how the hell do we find one another?! :) I will be the 6ft2ish guy with long hair a beard (jesus I tells ya) and a longford town scarf im sure. Another other suggestions on a postcard please..

Alternatively a bag of cans in the town square.

Indeed paul given the close proximity of our locations, ya never know could know ya already :)

paul_oshea
02/09/2008, 12:48 PM
SH, if we leave it up to you to qeue at the door from 8 and that way you can hang your flag up for all to see like you did the last day and we can all fllock like shephards to Jesus :D

Having said that you had it up the last day and i was standing there for about 15 - 20 mins before it was pointed out to me even though it was right in front of me :D moral of the story make it noticeable this time :P

Sligo Hornet
02/09/2008, 1:21 PM
SH, if we leave it up to you to qeue at the door from 8 and that way you can hang your flag up for all to see like you did the last day and we can all fllock like shephards to Jesus :D

Having said that you had it up the last day and i was standing there for about 15 - 20 mins before it was pointed out to me even though it was right in front of me :D moral of the story make it noticeable this time :P

Sorry Paul....my fault...I should have got a bigger one than the 9ft x 5ft one I have..........."should have gone to Specsavers"?:p

NeilMcD
02/09/2008, 1:55 PM
You can't miss the Hornet he is the slightly dishevelled guy with the good looking ladies beside him.

paul_oshea
02/09/2008, 2:34 PM
good description alright Neil :D

Fr. Joe
02/09/2008, 3:08 PM
:ball: 2 of us definitely there :ball:

NeilMcD
02/09/2008, 3:25 PM
I will be there also.

paul_oshea
02/09/2008, 4:08 PM
whats the story with friday night though? Lads meeting there are getting in late so wouldn't mind heading down for a few myself.

friday night and im feeling right, my motorcycle and a switchblade knife
handful of grease and my head feels right, but what i need to make me tight are those...

NeilMcD
02/09/2008, 4:09 PM
Yeah I am arriving into Mainz on Friday afternoon sometime so will be out that night. THe night before the game is usually the best night in my view.

paul_oshea
02/09/2008, 4:12 PM
same as that neil, agreed, could never go in for the day fo the game.

im on the london flight arriving around 7.50 i think so should be out around 10 id say after quick drop off of bag in hotel!

RonnieB
02/09/2008, 4:13 PM
I will be in Mainz from Friday morning.. staying in the Hilton International.

paul_oshea
02/09/2008, 4:17 PM

that looks good alright for a friday night and a few beers and chatting to the locals. ill try and make it in there if ye are around on the friday night lads. just where something distintive like a pink elephant suit so i can spot you.

Moscow Mule
02/09/2008, 7:08 PM

Paul

I will defo remember you as you are the one who likes a short walk! Not sure if I will have the Moscow shirt on given recent events but you know that you can't keep a good Mule down.

Moscow Mule
02/09/2008, 7:11 PM
You can't miss the Hornet he is the slightly dishevelled guy with the good looking ladies beside him.

To be more precise he's the bearded git who looks like Richard Branson or so the bloke kicking the ball in Bratislava thought.

Moscow Mule
02/09/2008, 7:17 PM

that looks good alright for a friday night and a few beers and chatting to the locals. ill try and make it in there if ye are around on the friday night lads. just where something distintive like a pink elephant suit so i can spot you.

Myself and Mrs MM get in on Thursday evening so might check this one out inadvance. If it is any good we could still be there by the time you turn up.

supasparx
02/09/2008, 8:04 PM
Myself and Miss Sparx landing Friday morning, staying in Frankfurt. Looking into traveling down to Mainz by boat on Saturday morning. Will definitely meet up with the Hornets and crew.
Moscow M, is there any chance of you sourcing me 2 match tickets as you're there from Thursday? Prefer block H if pos. Will make sure your well oiled in return;)

spin
02/09/2008, 8:28 PM
Hey lads, I know I'm only a newbie on here, but I'll maybe catch up with yez in the porterhouse. I'm draggin my missus up for a lovely romantic weekend - it's our 6th anniversary and she has little idea what she's in for!

We're staying in the camp site which looks to be pretty ideally situated in an island pretty near the centre of town:

http://www.krkg.de/camping/gb/camping01.html

Plan to drive up after work on Friday evening - if lucky in time to make the ticket office in advance of the 6pm close, if not it'll be a dawn rise on saturday.

Grateful if guys could post to lest us know how ticket sales are going in advance...

AidoM
02/09/2008, 8:54 PM
Myself and Miss Sparx landing Friday morning, staying in Frankfurt. Looking into traveling down to Mainz by boat on Saturday morning. Will definitely meet up with the Hornets and crew.
Moscow M, is there any chance of you sourcing me 2 match tickets as you're there from Thursday? Prefer block H if pos. Will make sure your well oiled in return

I thought it was MRS now :confused: Not fussy about the tickets are you :p. I'm there Wednesday (Jaysus thats tomorrow :eek: - better pack) so will have a look for you Sparx.

stiofain
02/09/2008, 9:05 PM
Hey lads, I know I'm only a newbie on here, but I'll maybe catch up with yez in the porterhouse. I'm draggin my missus up for a lovely romantic weekend - it's our 6th anniversary and she has little idea what she's in for!

We're staying in the camp site which looks to be pretty ideally situated in an island pretty near the centre of town:

http://www.krkg.de/camping/gb/camping01.html

Plan to drive up after work on Friday evening - if lucky in time to make the ticket office in advance of the 6pm close, if not it'll be a dawn rise on saturday.

Grateful if guys could post to lest us know how ticket sales are going in advance...

Welcome abroad spin. Any man who takes his missus camping and to an Ireland game on thier wedding anniversary is alright by me. I hope she realises how lucky she is!

Moscow Mule
02/09/2008, 9:05 PM
Moscow M, is there any chance of you sourcing me 2 match tickets as you're there from Thursday? Prefer block H if pos. Will make sure your well oiled in return;)

Good to hear from you Supa and look forward to meeting up. I see AidoM has replied that he will try for the tickets - he is the number one Mr FixIt.

NeilMcD
02/09/2008, 9:47 PM
Yeah Supa see you over the weekend. Can't wait for this trip now. Packing as we speak.

Green Tribe
03/09/2008, 7:48 AM
definitely. will it happen this time....?
somebody text me the venue...:D

Sligo Hornet
03/09/2008, 8:22 PM
Due to the inclement weather (i.e. normal Irish weather ) in Mainz:mad:
The Old Town Square Football Launching session may be subject to a pitch inspection!...."AidoM....AidoM...are you receiving?...Over"

Moscow Mule
03/09/2008, 8:28 PM
Due to the inclement weather (i.e. normal Irish weather ) in Mainz:mad:
The Old Town Square Football Launching session may be subject to a pitch inspection!...."AidoM....AidoM...are you receiving?...Over"

Weather looks pants but at least it is game on now. It can't come quick enough.

Looking at the map the Eisgrub and Irish Pub are almost next door to each other and the Porterhouse is the next road along - walking distance Paul O!

supasparx
03/09/2008, 8:37 PM
I thought it was MRS now :confused: Not fussy about the tickets are you :p. I'm there Wednesday (Jaysus thats tomorrow :eek: - better pack) so will have a look for you Sparx.

Cheers Aido, wedding is April next year (never one to rush things). Thought me ticket request was a bit specific, but hey dont ask dont get. Anywhere in Irish section will do really.

Sligo Hornet
03/09/2008, 8:44 PM
Cheers Aido, wedding is April next year (never one to rush things). Thought me ticket request was a bit specific, but hey dont ask dont get. Anywhere in Irish section will do really.

"Certainly Sir........would you like a prawn sandwich with your specific choice of seat? "....AidoM enquired

supasparx
03/09/2008, 8:50 PM
"Certainly Sir........would you like a prawn sandwich with your specific choice of seat? "....AidoM enquired

'' Vol-au-vents and a crisp chardonnay would suffice....... Thank you Garcon''...... Came the Sparx reply.

RonnieB
03/09/2008, 8:59 PM
A bit of rain should not stop irish people from a game of drunken footie in the square.

Sligo Hornet
03/09/2008, 9:00 PM
'' Vol-au-vents and a crisp chardonnay would suffice....... Thank you Garcon''...... Came the Sparx reply.

"Did you have a reservation in Tbilisi Supa?.........NO, well sorry sir you'll have to feck off with all the other Russian sympathists like Moscow Mule!!";)

Real ale Madrid
03/09/2008, 9:16 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Porterhouse Sat night after the game for a few Berliners!

Green Tribe
03/09/2008, 10:55 PM
are we meeting friday evening in porterhouse what time?

Sligo Hornet
04/09/2008, 6:17 AM
are we meeting friday evening in porterhouse what time?

Let's say 7pm....ish, and take it from there

paul_oshea
04/09/2008, 8:28 AM
Weather looks pants but at least it is game on now. It can't come quick enough.

Looking at the map the Eisgrub and Irish Pub are almost next door to each other and the Porterhouse is the next road along - walking distance Paul O!

Well I like to think I'm a bit "Green" when it comes to these things mule ;)

Also we will be very fit after all this walking.

paul_oshea
04/09/2008, 8:30 AM
where exactly is that porterhouse? in reference to the square I mean as thats probably the only place I will ask for when looking for directions!

RonnieB
04/09/2008, 10:05 AM
I shall be the chap in the longford jersey on the friday night anyway come over and say hello and bring beer.. lots of the stuff...

paul_oshea
04/09/2008, 10:08 AM
I shall be the chap in the longford jersey on the friday night anyway come over and say hello and bring beer.. lots of the stuff...

ok ill bring the beer if you bring the wimin!

is that in the place posted above or in the porterhouse? I might wear my germany jersey from stuttgart so look out for that!

RonnieB
04/09/2008, 12:08 PM
Porterhouse, or the irish pub beside einsgrub?! too many choices! as for the wimmins I shall do my best, and make sure that they have been wimmins all their lives!! :eek:

Dotsy
04/09/2008, 12:15 PM
What's the address for the Porterhouse. I can't see it on the website.

RonnieB
04/09/2008, 12:19 PM
No idea I will have to find it tomorrow.